Page 58 of 287 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Speaking of The Maker what do you think of this guy as him ? :

Quick question, what's everyone's thoughts on Millar's short run? Someone mentioned that Hickman used elements from that story. I borrowed it from a friend but dropped it and eventually returned it without finishing it. Is it worth getting before I start Hickman's?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It was pointless. It provided no new information, and just rehashed what we already know. "Maybe they will be back someday" is not reassuring. I would of preferred if nothing was said.
    I'm not reading Johnny or Ben in their current books, so I'm not up on what they've been saying and I have missed stuff. But Johnny asking someone from the future if Reed and Sue are coming back would seem to be something more than just "no one knows where they are." Granted, it's not the Torch and the Thing gathering a collection of heroes, hijacking a quinjet and Doom's time machine and searching for their missing family and friends, but the scene seemed like something.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    So what do you think of her as Susan Storm Richards / Invisible Woman ?
    I prefer her natural speaking voice, it's nice and sounds kind, it suits Sue. The voices of the anime characters she's done won't fit Sue.

But all of this is moot until Marvel gives a Fantastic Four/Future Foundation cartoon.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Speaking of an FF cartoon. Do you guys think Marvel will ever do it? If they do, how would you like it to be?

I think, an anime style would be nice if Marvel ever does decide to make one. Hopefully adapting arcs from the Lee and Kirby run, but modernized. That would be a great way to get new fans and introduce the lore in a interesting way. Previous failures with Marvel anime adaptations was because they made up their own stories instead of adapting them from the comics, which is what anime is great at. Madhouse is always a good studio to go with.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-01-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I prefer her natural speaking voice, it's nice and sounds kind, it suits Sue. The voices of the anime characters she's done won't fit Sue.

But all of this is moot until Marvel gives a Fantastic Four/Future Foundation cartoon.
    well Sue is actually the wife of a highly intelligent scientist, having two highly powerful kids, and a reckless brother who has the ability to turn himself into a firey humanoid while possessing fire like abilities plus him not getting along much with a guy made out of rocks. i think having a more mature and commanding voice would suit her .

BANNED

Speaking of an FF cartoon. Do you guys think Marvel will ever do it? If they do, how would you like it to be?

I think, an anime style would be nice if Marvel ever does decide to make one. Hopefully adapting arcs from the Lee and Kirby run, but modernized. That would be a great way to get new fans and introduce the lore in a interesting way. Previous failures with Marvel anime adaptations was because they made up their own stories instead of adapting them from the comics, which is what anime is great at. Madhouse is always a good studio to go with.
    i think they should use the animation style of Dimension W .

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I picked up Hickman's complete FF run and just finished his Dark Reign mini. I'm about to start the main series but I wanted to stop by first and mention that I thought it was cool how Dark Reign ended with the idea that every problem has a solution. Especially considering the no win scenario that was the incursions.

So far my favorite part is the kids. Val and Franklin were great, that stand off against Osborn was absolutely awesome. The only thing rubbing me the wrong way is Reed and the way he's already lying to Susan. Hopefully he's not too mush of a d**k.
    Hickman's run is in my top 3 favorite FF runs. I've read it three times now, but I'm probably going to read it again and then right through his Avengers stuff too and then SW.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Quick question, what's everyone's thoughts on Millar's short run? Someone mentioned that Hickman used elements from that story. I borrowed it from a friend but dropped it and eventually returned it without finishing it. Is it worth getting before I start Hickman's?
    Nope, don't bother getting it. I hated Millar's run, especially how he handled Doom. Ticked me off
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

They won't do it until they get the rights back. If they ever do a cartoon I expect it to be something like the recent Avengers stuff.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Does anyone read Deadpool? Because I am completely stumped as to WHY this new iteration of the book now has the Fantastic Four banner.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Does anyone read Deadpool? Because I am completely stumped as to WHY this new iteration of the book now has the Fantastic Four banner.
    I don't read Deadpool, but my first guess would be it's a pure joke and not the tongue-in-cheek boast Stan came up with back in the day. I don't believe Marvel seriously considers Deadpool the World's Greatest Comic Magazine.

Yeah, that tagline is Deadpool's opinion of his own book. Typical of his fourth wall breaking humour, right?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I don't read Deadpool, but my first guess would be it's a pure joke and not the tongue-in-cheek boast Stan came up with back in the day. I don't believe Marvel seriously considers Deadpool the World's Greatest Comic Magazine.
    It's a very bad joke, then, IMO. We can't have an FF book for REASONS, but they'll slap their tagline / banner on Deadpool's book. It's like rubbing salt on the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that tagline is Deadpool's opinion of his own book. Typical of his fourth wall breaking humour, right?
    I guess that's why I don't read Deadpool. But thanks for the info ... it makes sense for the character, I guess, even though I find it in very poor taste.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's a very bad joke, then, IMO. We can't have an FF book for REASONS, but they'll slap their tagline / banner on Deadpool's book. It's like rubbing salt on the wound.
    Wait til we get a Deapool homage to the FF #1 cover with Deadpool, Lady Deadpool… you get the idea.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES