Page 6 of 287 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Now if they can put all of the FF's limiteds, one-shots, and outside-of-their-series appearances on a disc
    Now I'm yearning to read Fantastic Force.
    I wanna cringe harder than I've ever cringed before! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Now I'm yearning to read Fantastic Force.
    I wanna cringe harder than I've ever cringed before! lol
    Ah yes, felt like I forgot something...include spin-offs alongside everything else FF I want on a convenient disc, warts like Fantastic Force* and all. I really hate saying this, but IMO, there has never been an absolutely, 100% GREAT FF spinoff. It's more like the spinoffs all had their high point issues (examples off the top of my head being Marvel Two-In-One #50 and FF Unlimited #8**) with a lot of mediocrity/possibly worst in-between. Warned y'all I am rather nitpicky at times...

* - In Super Hero Squad Online, as actually pretty cool a title (a description you can have over your squad name when out and about in the non-mission zones) as 'The Fantastic Force' is, it constantly and honestly reminds me of that deservedly short-lived title and DeFalco's overall attempt to make the FF more X-Men-esque. *tries to control her gag reflex* And in turn, it makes me wish that the title prize for beating the FF themed survival mission was instead 'The World's Greatest'...but I guess Gazillion/the SHSO head honchos felt that would be too superlative. *sighs*

** - Although I think a lot, if not all of my love for that issue is simply because of how it featured the best darn art in the entire FF Unlimited series...with this panel being above and beyond my favorite (natch).

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

What about the Thing series? Both the original and the one by Slott? I dug both of those.
    It was cool having Ben in Space for a bit.

Were you a fan of Hickman's FF or the more recent Fraction run with Allred?

What about the Thing series? Both the original and the one by Slott? I dug both of those. It was cool having Ben in Space for a bit.
    As much as I hate to knock anything with Ben (and really any of the Core Four), I personally think he did have the best solo series, but a great deal by default more than anything else...Marvel Two-In-One and both solo series certainly had their singleton moments, but a whole lot of mediocre in-between.

Were you a fan of Hickman's FF or the more recent Fraction run with Allred?
    I can't say I really am much of a Future Foundation fan because of how it has introduced a ridiculously sized cast of characters I honestly could care less about outside of the Fantastic Four themselves, and not to mention how it made things inadvertently downright confusing for some with the FF initials for awhile. As for how I feel about the said creators...Hickman was ok, but I honestly can't stand how bloody over-reliant on the kids as a crutch he became from the very get-go. ALTHOUGH, I don't absolutely dislike Hickman's run because he did give Reed by far the most positive limelight he has seen since the Byrne run. But that was undermined by the two heathens who 'succeeded' Hickman on both series...and the considerably less said of them, the considerably better.
    Last edited by Maven; 05-14-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Tidying.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    As much as I hate to knock anything with Ben (and really any of the Core Four), I personally think he did have the best solo series, but a great deal by default more than anything else...Marvel Two-In-One and both solo series certainly had their singleton moments, but a whole lot of mediocre in-between.

I can't say I really am much of a Future Foundation fan because of how it has introduced a ridiculously sized cast of characters I honestly could care less about outside of the Fantastic Four themselves, and not to mention how it made things inadvertently downright confusing for some with the FF initials for awhile. As for how I feel about the said creators...Hickman was ok, but I honestly can't stand how bloody over-reliant on the kids as a crutch he became from the very get-go. ALTHOUGH, I don't absolutely dislike Hickman's run because he did give Reed by far the most positive limelight he has seen since the Byrne run. But that was undermined by the two heathens who 'succeeded' Hickman on both series...and the considerably less said of them, the considerably better.
    I guess we don't see eye to eye then. lol.
    I've dug everything Hickman and onwards... well not Fractions F4 that much, but it had it's moments.

As for the kids. I really enjoy the adventures they would go on.
    Bentley 23 being my favorite of them all.
    And the Moloids. lol.

I don't know, I'm a sucker for anything Fantastic Four or Thing related.

Howdy, Miss Fantastic.

I liked Slott's Thing, too, and I've kind of forgotten about it until now. It was one of the first comics I've read, and I can still vividly remember buying and reading the final issue at Universal Studios. Thanks for reminding me about it, Alvarez.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Howdy, Miss Fantastic.

I liked Slott's Thing, too, and I've kind of forgotten about it until now. It was one of the first comics I've read, and I can still vividly remember buying and reading the final issue at Universal Studios. Thanks for reminding me about it, Alvarez.
    Aha it was pretty great. I wish it would have gone on longer.
    It's nice to see Ben on his own from time to time.

That's a great deal on 44 Years of the FF! I've been hunting a similar disc that has the Silver Surfer stories on it also, but it's been a bit pricey. I've been thinking, when Miss Fantastic comes back we should do a From the Beginning thread and group read the entire FF run. With that disc, you'd be a great contributor / participant.
    Sounds great! I'll definitely be part of that thread.

BANNED

squeeeeees over Miss Fantastic! Ah, so much to catch up on! YESSSSS! It's like old times.

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    I am really looking forward to that F4 #5 issue - June Brigman doing a section about the Future Foundation sounds great! Plus Samnee and Allred and Starlin!
    O_O

I didn't realize Starlin was doing some of the art too. Awesome!

I really don't like double shipping and the revolving door of artists. That said, I think this is a good solution to that, if we can't have Kirk on all the issues. It's a great line up and I like the conceit of them each doing a different era / flash back.

Hi folks, looking for recommendations from those who've read some really weird FF comics. Spring con is coming up this weekend in St. Paul - and I would like to read some more FF mini series/one shot/limited what have you's that are on the bizarre side. I especially like when you get indie creators coming in to muck up in the Marvel Universe (I LOVED those Strange Tales that came out 3 or so years ago). I'm going to keep an eye out for that FF/Iron Man Big In Japan with art by Seth Fisher.

Anything else like that you can recommend?
    I saw a CBR article on that which made me very curious. The art looked pretty wild.

Hmmmm. Well, you should get second opinions on these recommendations, and I'm more about the odd art, especially with the FF.

There's UNSTABLE MOLECULES
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantast...able_Molecules

I thought FANTASTIC FOUR 1234 by Grant Morrison and Jae Lee was lush and trippy, yet delivered the core of the FF.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four:_1234

What about that THING FREAK SHOW, Alvarez? That looked kind of indie.

Cool! I had that Unstable Molecules on my radar - I'll keep an eye out for it. I've read the FF 1234 from Morrison. Good stuff, if a little dark for my particular taste. I've never read much of the Thing's solo stuff so I'll probably be watching for deals on those too.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Unstable molecules and FF:1234 were great mini-series.Especially the second one,which is has one of my favorite Reed's moment....

"I was thinking"
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Cool! I had that Unstable Molecules on my radar - I'll keep an eye out for it. I've read the FF 1234 from Morrison. Good stuff, if a little dark for my particular taste. I've never read much of the Thing's solo stuff so I'll probably be watching for deals on those too.
    It was a bit dark, but very poetic in writing and art.

I haven't read that Thing Freakshow, so you might want to wait to hear from other folks, but it's by Geoff Johns and Scott Kolins.

I also haven't read this one shot, and it may be more all ages, but the art is by Juan Doe.

Isla De La Muerte
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...old=1&id=12383

Also, this isn't a book, but if you liked the indie stuff in Strange Tales, I'm sure you'll appreciate this. A guy decided to recreate Fantastic Four 9, by commissioning various modern artists (mostly indie) to redo individual pages. I don't think he's got the entire book yet, but the pages he has are eclectic to say the least.

Fantastic Four 9 Project

Kirby's original page:

Commissioned page by James Kochalka

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Unstable molecules and FF:1234 were great mini-series.Especially the second one,which is has one of my favorite Reed's moment....

"I was thinking"
    Definitely a Reed moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Also, this isn't a book, but if you liked the indie stuff in Strange Tales, I'm sure you'll appreciate this. A guy decided to recreate Fantastic Four 9, by commissioning various modern artists (mostly indie) to redo individual pages. I don't think he's got the entire book yet, but the pages he has are eclectic to say the least.

Fantastic Four 9 Project

I remember this! Cool stuff!

BANNED

Holy cow. Don't know how I forgot this mini-series, which I actually read and enjoyed. LOL! It's by Paul Cornell and Horacio Dominguez, and it's the FF exploring in worlds of fiction.

Fantastic Four True Story
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=15944

Previews of issues: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...20True%20Story

BANNED

I remember this! Cool stuff!
    It really is, and such a wonderful idea. It's cool to see the variety of ways artists interpret Stan and Jack's classic work.