Page 7 of 287 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

You know,in many conversations with fellow comic book geeks,i feel sad that FF aren't that popular.Especially people who started reading comics from mid 90s till now,they prefer mostly x-staffs and now Avengers-stuff.

I always have a big love for Fantastic Four.To people who appreciate comic book medium,they know that FF are the heart and the birth of Marvel Universe.But even the people who love FF,most of them tend to diminish Reed Richards.

Mr Fantastic is my favorite member of the four,outside of Ben Grimm.I always have a think for scientist,gadgeteers and tinkerers. He is,in many ways,a great underrated hero.Except his amazing IQ(a great plot device and deus ex machina),his powers can be very creative in the hands of a imaginable writer.Also,Reed was a great team leader.In WWII,he showed those leadership qualities that lead him to be the leader of the Four.It's sad that sliding timeline erase that part of his history and he is just a science geek.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Always big fan of FF them and Spider-Man were my absolute favorites growing up. At first I was more a fan of The Thing but as I grew Reed became a new favorite of mine as well. This youtuber says it best why I like Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Howdy, Miss Fantastic. *smiles*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    squeeeeees over Miss Fantastic! Ah, so much to catch up on! YESSSSS! It's like old times. *beams*
    Ah...what one looks forward to whenever they make ye olde grand return, the warm welcomes. *smiles* Howdy and lovely to see everyone again, as well as see and meet some new folks. And speaking of these new folks...REED ADVOCATES!!!!!!! I'm no longer an army of one!!!! *does her best Kermit* YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! This certainly calls for some party music!!

And my apologies for 'uncharacteristic' hyperactivity, but we Reed supporters are very few and in-between, always have been and ESPECIALLY these days. I cannot help but get VERY JAZZED whenever I see others share my advocation of my main Marvel man. Many, MANY kudos, to say the least, to you Master Planner and stingnewell!!

There's UNSTABLE MOLECULES

I thought FANTASTIC FOUR 1234 by Grant Morrison and Jae Lee was lush and trippy, yet delivered the core of the FF.

What about that THING FREAK SHOW, Alvarez? That looked kind of indie.
    Between Unstable Molecules and FF 1234, my personal most favorite is the latter. Love, LOVE the surrealism and overall story that was quite remarkably told. As a matter of fact, I'd go as far as saying that FF: 1234 has been and is the last truly great FF limited thus far (and not just because I actually have a copy of the fourth and final issue signed by Morrison and Lee). And yes, I say that knowing Unstable Molecules picked up an Eisner (which was, still is, and will always be pretty downright awesome), but after I finally got around to reading the entirety of UM last year, I found it interesting but with the lingering feeling of Bull Shannon uttering 'Ohhhhh-kay!' in my head. Things might change whenever I finally get my mitts on and read FF: The End...seen quite a few cite that to be a rather impressive series, and I love me some Alan Davis.

I need to read Thing: Freakshow again...haven't read since it first came out eleven or so years ago. But I remember thinking that it could have been better (and not to mention less *does her best Ernest P. Worrell* ewwwwwww)...
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Miss Fantastic,at the end of June,Gaz will release Mr Fantastic as playable.Of course i pre-order him,along with Sue(she is released in April).Which mean,in first week of July,FF would be the first complete team of the game.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

You can ask many people,who is your favorite member of the Four.Some people love Sue and hate Reed.Some others prefer Johny and his hot-tempered attitude.But what unites all the FF's fans(and marvelites in general)is their unconditioned love for Ben Grimm,the Thing.

Ben Grimm probably looks like a boring hero.He has rock looking and hard skin,super human strength and durability and that's it.It's a typical brawler and a tank.But,there are elements that put Ben Grimm into a special place in comic book pantheon.

Ben is a character who doesn't have a dark past(put aside Fraction's Doom mess) or a grim origin.Ben,while becoming a monster outside,he is,without a shadow of the doubt,a true hero.The guy will protect friends and family and the whole world with all his heart.There were times in comics,where Ben sacrificed a cure for his condition in order to help his teammates and the whole world.His kindness,his gentle rough and his selfisness,makes the Thing,one of the most classic heroes of all time.

An let's not forget his,now immortal catchphrase...

BANNED

In Avengers Alliance They have the u-Foes as the rival team to the Fantastic Four. Have the Fantastic Four ever fought the
    U-Foes. They always seem to be stuck fighting Hulk since their debut. Even Constrictor broke away from Hulk's rogues gallery.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Have the Fantastic Four ever fought the U-Foes.
    Not to my knowledge, thougn I won't be surprised if Robinson makes them another iteration of the Frightful Four.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post

You can ask many people,who is your favorite member of the Four.Some people love Sue and hate Reed.Some others prefer Johny and his hot-tempered attitude.But what unites all the FF's fans(and marvelites in general)is their unconditioned love for Ben Grimm,the Thing.

Ben Grimm probably looks like a boring hero.He has rock looking and hard skin,super human strength and durability and that's it.It's a typical brawler and a tank.But,there are elements that put Ben Grimm into a special place in comic book pantheon.

Ben is a character who doesn't have a dark past(put aside Fraction's Doom mess) or a grim origin.Ben,while becoming a monster outside,he is,without a shadow of the doubt,a true hero.The guy will protect friends and family and the whole world with all his heart.There were times in comics,where Ben sacrificed a cure for his condition in order to help his teammates and the whole world.His kindness,his gentle rough and his selfisness,makes the Thing,one of the most classic heroes of all time.

An let's not forget his,now immortal catchphrase...

This post.
    I love this post.

BANNED

I just got the 1st issue of this at a sale on Free Comic Book Day...

BANNED

Like I said earlier I've been re-reading Byrne's run for a fourth time (heh).
    I have a few more issues to go but I thought I would share something.

As much as the run started to lose traction towards the end, #285 will always be one of those really emotional and heartbreaking issue that I just cannot shake.
    Despite the Beyonder mucking up everything in those last issues (Thanks a lot Secret War II), he actually was pretty good here.
    And that silhouette is haunting in so many ways.

Here are some of the key bits.

Wow...never fails to elicit that from me every time. And indeed one of the best Byrne run later half issues AND my nomination for the second greatest tearjerker in FF's history (if not at least tied with FF #267). Also by far, IMnot-soHO, the BEST use of the Beyonder during that whole Secret Wars II mess, bar none. And I'd still be saying that if I wasn't such a FF diehard, as well as FF #285 wasn't among my first ever actual collected FF back issues (along with FF #236, 252, 271, and 358).
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Lover,mother,adventurer

Sue Storm growth as a character is a sample of the attitude comics industry had for female characters.Sue Storm,the -then-Invincible Girl,was the Robin of the team.Damsel in Distress,the weak member in a trio of men.Even his invincibility could work as a parallel about a woman who always get ignored.

But,Susan grow as a character.From a "Girl"(weakest of the Four) became a "Woman"(potentially the strongest of the team).A leader sometimes and the stone that the First Family of comics cemented and endured all the difficulties.Also,she is one of the few super-heroic mothers,which add an interesting angle.

Closing,i have to say,Sue is one of the most elegant and beautiful fictional blondes.In comparison to the majority of comic book women who tend to look like sexual fantasies,Susan is a lady and a great sexy Icon.Screw X-women and their cheap sex-appeal.Sue is class.

FLAME ON!

The youngster,the flamboyant womaniser,the jokester,the hero....a simple yet defining quote that explain Johnny Storm,the Human Torch.

I have to say,that Torch was never my favorite.I dislike hotheads,i find elemental powers boring and i always took the place of poor Ben when Johnny did him a prank.But i can't deny that Johnny is a great character,equal in greatness with the other three of the team and ironically,i feel that Johnny,despite his happy,fun and young attitude,he had the most tragic moments in comparison to Reed,Sue and Ben. The difficulties of his relationship with Crystal(many people and situation always kept those lovebirds separated)Frankie Raye turned into a Herald of Galactus,the tragic marriage with fake Alysia(Lyja),the tear-jerking moment of issue 285 and his classic last standoff against Annihilation Wave...so many moments,so great landmarks and all had Johnny involved.

Mr Storm,maybe i am not your greatest fan,but you always bring the cash and success in this title.

Last edited by Master Planner; 05-16-2014 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

One of the other aspects I loved about Ben he always knew how to kick back and relax especially around enemies like Sandman. Now I'll never get to see those two share a Miller again, thanks Wizard. If only Black Bolts punishment was worse.

Last edited by stingnewell; 05-16-2014 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED