Page 8 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Shaner on the FF at some point. His style sort of fits the book.

Great mini-bios / posts on the FF members, Master Planner!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Shaner on the FF at some point. His style sort of fits the book.
    Doc did a schweet homage to the legendary Fantastic Four #82, Volume One cover...

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Nice!

Look at Lockjaw's ears! Love it!

BANNED

Doc draws one of my favorite interpretations of the Thing.
    He looks powerful but gentle. Kinda like how Ringo drew him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Doc draws one of my favorite interpretations of the Thing.
    He looks powerful but gentle. Kinda like how Ringo drew him.
    Hmmm. Interesting. Now I'll have to compare and see why that is -- though the first thing I notice is his rocks aren't as sharply edged.

It's kind of interesting that Kirby had two characters (Ben and Doom) that shouldn't convey much emotion given their faces are practically immobile, but he drew them as VERY emoting.

BANNED

Hmmm. Interesting. Now I'll have to compare and see why that is -- though the first thing I notice is his rocks aren't as sharply edged.

It's kind of interesting that Kirby had two characters (Ben and Doom) that shouldn't convey much emotion given their faces are practically immobile, but he drew them as VERY emoting.
    Yeah, there's a softness to the rocks and also they're dawn in bigger chunks and groupings.
    The smaller you make them, the more menacing and "monstrous" Ben looks.
    The polished stone look also helps, none of him looks like it's gonna fall off aside from his brow.

Kirby was a whiz at emoting. He could take anything and give it raw emotion.
    I think a big reason why Thing and Doom worked so well is because he spent so long drawing monster and romance comics.

When you combine the two you get this ability to make the unreal and ghastly seem really emotional.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

While there are other characters that can draw better or more beautiful versions of Doom and Thing,Kirby was unparallel in drawing them and convey their emotions.Especially Doom.Kirby draw Doom's eyes in that way,that you could see the mania and the madness of Dr Doom.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Default Artwork by Joe Jusko

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I love, love, LOVE that Double Shots cover...as a matter of fact, I got a mini poster of that I'm planning to frame soon once I get a few more things in place. I just wish the poster wasn't the image reversed...and that version seems to get used a lot, and as seen in the upper right corner of the top magazine in my Reed Eaglemoss framing...

But still one of my utmost favorite FF painted pieces...another one being the Paolo Rivera 60's tribute for the 50th Anniversary.

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

But still one of my utmost favorite FF painted pieces...another one being the Paolo Rivera 60's tribute for the 50th Anniversary.

:-O

Amazing

That is such a cool piece of art. F4 meets Mad Men.

BANNED

@zlbenson

CaptainClegghorn will never forgive me if I don't ask if you've read Franklin Richards, Boy Genius?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We've got three homages to classic FF covers (and one for Doom) at Brian Cronin's The Line is Drawn.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Good stuff! Enjoy those homages Ray!

BTW, sorry I am late...welcome back Miss Fantastic. (if your married, what does your husband think of your hobby?) oh, and I just sent you a PM

Just ordered Slott's run on the Thing, cannot wait to read it

@zlbenson

CaptainClegghorn will never forgive me if I don't ask if you've read Franklin Richards, Boy Genius?
    I've actually one read one issue of it I found in a cheap bin, the April Fools Day's one? I think it might've been a one shot? I should definitely seek out the rest.