Page 84 of 287 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4303
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Sadly, I must admit that I am not surprised. We can only hope that this report is incorrect, but I fear it is true.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Getting FF news from BC is getting us fired-up lately, and not necessarily in a positive way. We do have the option of not linking to articles about developments yet to be proven, so as not to ruin our day. I personally am just letting these rumors whiz by me until we get confirmed news.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Getting FF news from BC is getting us fired-up lately, and not necessarily in a positive way. We do have the option of not linking to articles about developments yet to be proven, so as not to ruin our day. I personally am just letting these rumors whiz by me until we get confirmed news.
    In some fashion, the existence of clickbait stories speak to the FF's popularity and their reputation. I'm going to silver lining this and say that if the franchise didn't have credibility, the stories and rumors about their supposed return wouldn't be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I personally am just letting these rumors whiz by me until we get confirmed news.
    same here.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    In some fashion, the existence of clickbait stories speak to the FF's popularity and their reputation. I'm going to silver lining this and say that if the franchise didn't have credibility, the stories and rumors about their supposed return wouldn't be happening.
    That is what I'm saying. The constant story I am reading from articles and blogs about Marvel going forward is a HUGE drive to bring back the FF. Even people who don't like the comic are saying it doesn't make sense to have no FF. All that Marvel is sprouted from the FF basically. It's like Disney without Micky Mouse. I think Marvel knows this and they're just playing a teasing game. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce a comic returning AND a movie deal. Fox really has no reason not to work with Marvel on this (see Sony and Spiderman).

I've slept on it and the fact the all these rumors are coming from Bleeding Cool and so close together is suspicious.

I'll ignore all this bad news until it's confirmed or denied officially.

Though I hope that Fox has seen all the people who are completely against it and know that they will lose money again at another attempt.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm beginning to wonder if Marvel Comics was originally intending on bringing the FF back and then they heard about this planned movie with Franklin and Valeria and changed their minds. And yeah, I love those characters but I can't imagine them working without Reed and Sue, not to mention that I don't trust Fox not to just turn it into another 'we're gonna spite Marvel' flick with little effort. Between this and Sony looking to yank the rights to Spidey back after the Homecoming sequel and in the infighting between Marvel TV and Marvel Studios, seems like everyone's having a go at someone. Ugh.

BANNED

Probably not the best place to voice my disdain for Reed Richards, but if the Fantastic Four are coming back I'd much prefer Sue to be more integral in the MU. She's rather formidable herself and has proven herself as more very capable and intelligent in the past. Reed Richards (and Hank Pym as a matter of fact) have always been more flawed and been given much more credit than they deserve IMO. For Sue, perhaps she can have a part in SHIELD or something in addition to her responsibilities as a member of the FF? That or a position on the Avengers (temporary, honorary or otherwise).

I'm conflicted over what we've been told about a beloved Marvel mainstay coming back. On one hand, it's certainly possible they're referring to the FF, and it would be prime time to reintroduce them, with Johhny having been an Avenger and Ben a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It'd be nice to tie them together in one place. The Baxter building should return to its original function for sure. And if the FF did return, I wonder how that would impact Doom. Certainly a precarious situation, and one worth exploring. On the other hand, there's been no real indication they're returning, and they haven't really been gone all that long. And if the FF return, then what's their reasoning for doing so? Outside of missing Johnny and Ben, which could be reason enough, I see no legitimate reason for them to return to everyday life, and to superheroics, when they have a much higher calling.

Regardless of what happens, their return is inevitable. Be it now or later, the second coming of the Fantastic Four will surely be something worth reading.

BANNED

I'm 90% certain that Sue will return in Legacy, remember Marvel trademarked an Invisible Woman comic last winter.

We just had a legends figure of her and I think she will come back alone without Reed and the kids and her solo will be her trying to find them after something big happened.

Marvel said no events for 18 months after SE so I think this could lead to it.

It will also add up to why the Fantastic 3 image used by BC had her, Thing and Torch in it, I think they know something and aren't spilling yet.

It keeps the FF fans at bay for another year or 2 until Reed returns.

Of course if this new film is true, that fucks this all up unless Marvel are more relaxed on FF like the Xmen are becoming now.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 06-21-2017 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Deleted disdainful reference to another title

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Probably not the best place to voice my disdain for Reed Richards, but if the Fantastic Four are coming back I'd much prefer Sue to be more integral in the MU. She's rather formidable herself and has proven herself as more very capable and intelligent in the past. Reed Richards (and Hank Pym as a matter of fact) have always been more flawed and been given much more credit than they deserve IMO. For Sue, perhaps she can have a part in SHIELD or something in addition to her responsibilities as a member of the FF? That or a position on the Avengers (temporary, honorary or otherwise).

I'm conflicted over what we've been told about a beloved Marvel mainstay coming back. On one hand, it's certainly possible they're referring to the FF, and it would be prime time to reintroduce them, with Johhny having been an Avenger and Ben a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It'd be nice to tie them together in one place. The Baxter building should return to its original function for sure. And if the FF did return, I wonder how that would impact Doom. Certainly a precarious situation, and one worth exploring. On the other hand, there's been no real indication they're returning, and they haven't really been gone all that long. And if the FF return, then what's their reasoning for doing so? Outside of missing Johnny and Ben, which could be reason enough, I see no legitimate reason for them to return to everyday life, and to superheroics, when they have a much higher calling.

Regardless of what happens, their return is inevitable. Be it now or later, the second coming of the Fantastic Four will surely be something worth reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I'm 90% certain that Sue will return in Legacy, remember Marvel trademarked an Invisible Woman comic last winter.

We just had a legends figure of her and I think she will come back alone without Reed and the kids and her solo will be her trying to find them after something big happened.

Marvel said no events for 18 months after SE so I think this could lead to it.

It will also add up to why the Fantastic 3 image used by BC had her, Thing and Torch in it, I think they know something and aren't spilling yet.

It keeps the FF fans at bay for another year or 2 until Reed returns.

Of course if this new film is true, that fucks this all up unless Marvel are more relaxed on FF like the Xmen are becoming now.
    I would love Sue coming back and see how she deals without Reed and the kids. The way Legacy was initially worded, the reveal did sound like one person and Sue coming back by herself brings a mystery to what happened to Reed and the others as well.

But I won't hold my breath.

Astonishing Member

....And another article requesting for the return of the F4 (among other Marvel Titles) begins here.

Fantastic Member

Well it looks like we're getting a Ben and Johnny book.

https://twitter.com/axelalonsomarv

.... Why couldn't this have been done straight after Secret Wars. It's great and all, but why should I be excited for something that could of and should of been done ages ago?

It just being Ben and Johnny feels like a lazy way to try and appease fans without doing what is wanted by fans (bringing back all of the FF). How half-assed.

Also, would Johnny be on two teams? He's still on Uncanny by the looks of the solicits.

EDIT: Having thought on it, this might be the return of Marvel two in one which is pretty cool, but confirms that Reed and Sue aren't coming back
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-21-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah it's an all or nothing thing for me, don't leave the Richards in limbo playing god forever, they could be the perfect template for the focus of Marvel Legacy with their return, whether that's just Susan or Reed and the kids as well.

Even if it isn't the return of the Fantastic Four, I think a book about Ben and Johnny would be a step in the right direction. It shows that Marvel is willing to put these characters together.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman