Page 88 of 287 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4303
    BANNED

I heard a rumor that TiO will be used solely as a vehicle to push the new characters. Every story will feature cameos from Moon Girl, Ree-Ree, Wasp, etc, etc. It won't be a proper Thing/Torch book, because they're banking on old-timers not supporting it due to the bad stories and quality, and then saying "see, people don't want the F4 back". It's just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    I heard a rumor that TiO will be used solely as a vehicle to push the new characters. Every story will feature cameos from Moon Girl, Ree-Ree, Wasp, etc, etc. It won't be a proper Thing/Torch book, because they're banking on old-timers not supporting it due to the bad stories and quality, and then saying "see, people don't want the F4 back". It's just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt, but...
    Where did you hear this? And I COULD see it being a book to help spotlight new characters, which isn't a bad thing. Two-In-One did do that a lot. The Thing has always been a character who would put over others. I have no problem with that. As long as Johnny and Ben get to shine, it seems line a win-win imo. It also makes The Thing a central cog in Marvel again. Interacting with the superhero community as a whole. He's always been Marvel's uncle to me.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Where did you hear this? And I COULD see it being a book to help spotlight new characters, which isn't a bad thing. Two-In-One did do that a lot. The Thing has always been a character who would put over others. I have no problem with that. As long as Johnny and Ben get to shine, it seems line a win-win imo. It also makes The Thing a central cog in Marvel again. Interacting with the superhero community as a whole. He's always been Marvel's uncle to me.
    Over at /co/. They've been right about things before, but I'd still remain cautious. It was amongst a bunch of other rumors. If it ends up being that, I'll be signing out. I have no interest in the "legacies", much less the will to shell out 4,4$ for them to be propped up.

Over at /co/. They've been right about things before, but I'd still remain cautious. It was amongst a bunch of other rumors. If it ends up being that, I'll be signing out. I have no interest in the "legacies", much less the will to shell out 4,4$ for them to be propped up.
    Eh, I post regularly on /co/ and I would take anything said there with a grain of salt. Often they're just trying to bait Rich over at BC, and it usually works. lol.

That's what Marvel Two-In-One was though. It was a book starring the Thing, where he'd team up with someone different each issue. Which is something I think comics need right now. Just fun team ups and adventures. I'm a huge fan of Ben, so I'm on board with this idea. Even better if it's Ben and Johnny teaming up with someone else each issue.

BANNED

Eh, I post regularly on /co/ and I would take anything said there with a grain of salt. Often they're just trying to bait Rich over at BC, and it usually works. lol.

That's what Marvel Two-In-One was though. It was a book starring the Thing, where he'd team up with someone different each issue. Which is something I think comics need right now. Just fun team ups and adventures. I'm a huge fan of Ben, so I'm on board with this idea. Even better if it's Ben and Johnny teaming up with someone else each issue.
    Yeah I know, I'm just not interested in the younglings. If it's a regular team-up book, I won't mind. The last T-U Marvel title was what, Superior Spider-Man Teamp-Up?

Yeah I know, I'm just not interested in the younglings. If it's a regular team-up book, I won't mind. The last T-U Marvel title was what, Superior Spider-Man Teamp-Up?
    That's fair. Hopefully this is in more of a one and done format, so you won't have to pick up EVERY issue. There's some characters people just have no interest in. Luckily for me if it's Ben, I'll get it regardless. It does depend on the writer though.

Yeah, I think Superior Team-Up was.

BANNED

That's fair. Hopefully this is in more of a one and done format, so you won't have to pick up EVERY issue. There's some characters people just have no interest in. Luckily for me if it's Ben, I'll get it regardless. It does depend on the writer though.

Yeah, I think Superior Team-Up was.
    Well, considering there's no LCS near me, it's a case of "subscribe or just wait for the trades". If the rumor is true, I'll just get the trades and skip through the issues I don't care about.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given the fact that FF characters are being pushed out of Marvel Heroes whilst looking increasingly likely that they're not going to be included in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 either, I'm starting to wonder what's the best way of getting into Marvel, or better yet Ike Perlmutter's skull, that doing all of this doesn't make any difference to Fox and their equally bad plans for the licence, but just creates a continued sense of bile and venom to fans for seeing Marvel's self destructive behavior on the team which got them started in modern times. I know the guy is crazily elusive, but we have to try to make our voices heard better.

I keep thinking of some kind of equal to the Complex for the FF, like 'What a Revoltin' Development' or something like that to put these continued practices past and present in the light and make it more aware who to blame for them.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 06-28-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Parts removed

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given the fact that FF characters are being pushed out of Marvel Heroes whilst looking increasingly likely that they're not going to be included in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 either, I'm starting to wonder what's the best way of getting into Marvel, or better yet Ike Perlmutter's skull, that doing all of this doesn't make any difference to Fox and their equally bad plans for the licence, but just creates a continued sense of bile and venom to fans for seeing Marvel's self destructive behavior on the team which got them started in modern times. I know the guy is crazily elusive, but we have to try to make our voices heard better.

I keep thinking of some kind of equal to the Complex for the FF, like 'What a Revoltin' Development' or something like that to put these continued practices past and present in the light and make it more aware who to blame for them.
    Someone in another thread came up with Conspir4cy.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 06-28-2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Parts removed
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Someone in another thread came up with Conspir4cy.
    Can we please not do that? The compleX ended up becoming quite a toxic community and I'd hate to see that happen to us Fantastic Four fans. Let's try to keep our composure and wait this out. Raising pitchforks and looking under every rock for more things to be outraged for is something we don't need IMO. The Fantastic Four is better than that.

Can we please not do that? The compleX ended up becoming quite a toxic community and I'd hate to see that happen to us Fantastic Four fans.
    agreed.

i think a good start would be to buy Marvel Legends Invisible Woman. vote with your wallet. and if you know anyone who would appreciate the figure buy them one too.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Can we please not do that? The compleX ended up becoming quite a toxic community and I'd hate to see that happen to us Fantastic Four fans. Let's try to keep our composure and wait this out. Raising pitchforks and looking under every rock for more things to be outraged for is something we don't need IMO. The Fantastic Four is better than that.
    Yeah I wouldn't want to give the impression that FF fans can get as aggressive and angry as some of those guys could be, so it's good to be calm about it. I'm just annoyed that really the FF fans have more to be annoyed about, since at least X-Men fans both maintained their comics and at least have some generally well made movies by Fox to fall back on. Fox clearly don't have a clue what makes the FF work, yet will happily ash can it for as long as they can tell it annoys Marvel.

You're no fun

But what you say is the truth.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Yes, I just read the sad news last night while playing Marvel Heroes. Logically, this cannot be good news for those of us who want the FF comic to return.

Reed was mentioned in Secret Empire which is...something.

It's sad that it's gotten to the point where the mere mention of Sue or Reed is a highlight.