Page 9 of 287 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    I've actually one read one issue of it I found in a cheap bin, the April Fools Day's one? I think it might've been a one shot? I should definitely seek out the rest.
    Yes! I believe they've been collected in two trades... or one Ultimate collection. They've got a Calvin and Hobbes vibe, and are alot of fun.

EDIT: Got the name wrong, it's Franklin Richards Son of a Genius
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-16-2014 at 07:27 PM.

I love this old Baxter Building cutaway.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    That's right! I'm back and the magic has never at all died! And as of yesterday, *does her best dude within the link* look what I found!
    The rest of your post is indeed Very Impressive and Amazing Miss Fantastic, I just now wanted to Focus on how GREAT it is to See you Back my dear, Very Happy, Welcome Back!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Jokebox View Post
    Way way back when Sue and Johnny still commuted from their family house. Note how Johnny's room is asbestos-lined LOL, lucky he didn't get lung cancer.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    What happened to Ben's legs?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    BTW, sorry I am late...welcome back Miss Fantastic. (if your married, what does your husband think of your hobby?)
    Thank you most kindly, Mantis! My boyfriend/eventual husband in one or two years doesn't just think well of my hobby...he honors it to the highest degree! He's always been a comic fan himself, but with his preferences leaning towards DC, particularly Batman and Superman. Other than reading the occasional Spidey and Hulk comics, my boyfriend was never much for Marvel...that is, until last year, when I got back into the Fantastic Four. It took my BF a little while, but he eventually got to where he wanted to learn and read more about the FF...and he's grown into a fine Fantastic ever since. *grins*

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The rest of your post is indeed Very Impressive and Amazing Miss Fantastic, I just now wanted to Focus on how GREAT it is to See you Back my dear, Very Happy, Welcome Back! *beams*
    And it's GREAT, no, FANTASTIC to see you again too, CJ!! You certainly know how to roll out the blue carpet, and complete with it being none other the one, the only Dr. Richards himself (and with one of his many, MANY devices to boot)! Needless to say, I adore that pic, and thank you most wholeheartedly for sharing it.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

One day I'm gonna compile all of these.
    Love these things to death.

BANNED

http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/upload...Cutaway-3a.jpg
    I do too! That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Way way back when Sue and Johnny still commuted from their family house. Note how Johnny's room is asbestos-lined LOL, lucky he didn't get lung cancer.
    OMG. You made me spit me cola.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    There should be a book of FF cut outs, maps, and mechanical drawings and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I do too! That's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I, appropriately, four love the Baxter Building layout maps in all of their incarnations through the years. Did you know that you can get a poster of the posted one here? If you don't mind the lithograph/'white frame' format, they're quite nice posters (as they should be at their prices). My boyfriend got me one of the FF #2, Vol. 1 cover for Easter...and consider this a sneak preview of my overall shrine (which will be featured in two/three weeks once I get through with finishing touches and what-not)...

My favorite oft-copied panel to collect is and has just about always been the very first panel of the FF's origin a.k.a. Reed and Ben's argument scene. It's one of the extremely rare few panels to feature the FF all without their powers, and to my knowledge, has got to be the most duplicated panel in the history of the team and their title. I made the following (which includes the 'Here They Are!' panel and Season One's tribute to that as part of my beginnings theme) and had it printed up as my current smartphone cover...

The only versions, of which I'm aware anyway, not included are Annual #1 (I actually wasn't aware until just a few days ago that they altered Reed's head in that version...IMO, it's rather bizarre looking, and will post the panel in my next response if there's enough interest), Annual #24 (another one I thought was rather weird in its style...the only thing missing from Ben's way too outstretched neck are the bulging veins), and FF vs. X-Men #2 (basically Kirby's original line for line, and in a more square shaped panel that jived with the more lengthy rectangular panels).

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    And it's GREAT, no, FANTASTIC to see you again too, CJ!! You certainly know how to roll out the blue carpet, and complete with it being none other the one, the only Dr. Richards himself (and with one of his many, MANY devices to boot)! Needless to say, I adore that pic, and thank you most wholeheartedly for sharing it.
    Indeed Very Glad to talk to you again, been too long! =)

I am indeed a picky person when it comes to finding Artwork to share and show support for characters and their Fans, so I only choice the best of the best I can find and hits the marker of respecting and showing the glory of who the character is indeed! ;-)

Going by the image, that is one thing that awlays made Mr. Fantatics both cool and interesting IMO, is his Amazing Brilliant Mind, which was well defined in 2013's New Avengers "Universal Builder", which fits him right on indeed. Out of all the Great Minds of any Comic Universe, his IMO was always the best, it seemed he was never limited and if he was he always went beyond those limits when he needed to, that is what I got with the FF books I read and shows I watched growing up! ;-)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Hey Miss Fantastic; Quick question.

Do you have every singe issue of FF? I would think that a fan such as you (so dedicated to one title) would have them.

BANNED

This is so cool.

INSIDE THE BAXTER BUILDING by Jack Kirby, 1963

Indeed Very Glad to talk to you again, been too long! =)

I am indeed a picky person when it comes to finding Artwork to share and show support for characters and their Fans, so I only choice the best of the best I can find and hits the marker of respecting and showing the glory of who the character is indeed! ;-)

Going by the image, that is one thing that awlays made Mr. Fantatics both cool and interesting IMO, is his Amazing Brilliant Mind, which was well defined in 2013's New Avengers "Universal Builder", which fits him right on indeed. Out of all the Great Minds of any Comic Universe, his IMO was always the best, it seemed he was never limited and if he was he always went beyond those limits when he needed to, that is what I got with the FF books I read and shows I watched growing up! ;-)

I appreciate all Fantastic Four fans (even those I may disagree with more on certain aspects of the title, its team, and/or history), but I always, ALWAYS enjoy happening upon those who understand what Reed brings to the table, both as a FF member and leader AND denizen of the Marvel Universe. Even if Reed did not somehow, someway become my, unhesitantly, favorite FF member* at the near very start of my FF worship, I'd still be of the opinion that he has always been the most grossly underrated character, even before the Civil War mish-mash and earlier Illuminati doings (along with just plain terrible writing and handling, which is at the crux of the Civil War and early/circa Civil War/Planet and World War Hulk Illuminati poppycock) that have dreadfully maligned the man in the last decade. But even before all of that, Reed has always been misunderstood...if only I had a dollar for every time I've been asked 'Why Reed?' or 'Why is Reed your favorite?', and especially eleven years ago/before my way too long hiatus.

That said, my order of favorite members are #1. Reed, #2. Ben, and #3. Sue/Johnny. That's how much the core FF mean to me...I could never say Sue or Johnny are a least favorite. They all bring something uniquely theirs, and I could not imagine the FF title without any of those somethings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Hey Miss Fantastic; Quick question.

Do you have every singe issue of FF? I would think that a fan such as you (so dedicated to one title) would have them.
    Awwww...I wish I could answer 'Yes!' to your question Mantis, but I'm afraid the answer is no. What I have of Volume One alone has the following gaps...most of the Lee/Kirby run (during said hiatus, I stupidly sold most of the few Lee/Kirby issues I managed to obtain (FF #51, 61, 88, 89, 90, 96, 97), but thankfully kept FF #100 and Annual #3, and have added FF #34 and Annual #1 to that recently), quite a few of the early-mid 100's, and a good chunk of the 300's. The mediocrity (IMO) of the creative runs during those periods being what kept from being immediate in getting those issues. But I do plan to land them when I can...my completist goal is at least Volume One, if not all regular printed FF issues, with the only variants I want being those with art I like and holds personal meaning/value to me.

Going on Mr. Fantastic's Inventions and his Universal Talent for them Miss Fantastic, I just found this interesting little What If and now that I found it I indeed Have to Own it!

Reed is Showing off one of his Impressive Inventions and Right Behind him Miss Fantastic is a lady you will indeed Recognize! ;-)

I Understand youR Fandom Miss Fantastic, cause it goes similar with my Fandom for Scarlet Witch and in this Image, even as a What If, It is GREAT to see Both of our Favorites Together indeed! =)

Going on Mr. Fantastic's Inventions and his Universal Talent for them Miss Fantastic, I just found this interesting little What If and now that I found it I indeed Have to Own it! ;-)

Reed is Showing off one of his Impressive Inventions and Right Behind him Miss Fantastic is a lady you will indeed Recognize! ;-)

I Understand youR Fandom Miss Fantastic, cause it goes similar with my Fandom for Scarlet Witch and in this Image, even as a What If, It is GREAT to see Both of our Favorites Together indeed! =)

I'll definitely have to grab that What If? myself. I was HUGE on collecting any and all of those featuring the FF during my late teens. Can't believe I missed that one...will certainly remedy that during my next MyComicShop spree order. While we're on the subject of Reed and his discovering Venom, I also can't believe there has never been a What If? issue exploring 'What if the symbiote had escaped (its container in Reed's lab) and possessed one or all of the FF?'. I suspect the closest thing to that we'll ever see is Spider-Man/(and the) Fantastic Four #2, where this happened...

Yes, that is indeed Reed trying to fight off the symbiote.

While we're on the subject of all that is Reed...I cannot recommend this precious beyond PRECIOUS gem of a site, titled "The Science of Reed Richards", enough to all Reed advocates and novices alike.