Page 90 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 4303
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Allegedly, Brevoort said that the FF were only cancelled because they didn't sell and that they may be back only if Two-in-one does well.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...bring-it-back/

So even if the book is bad apparently you better buy it otherwise there will be no FF....
    Basing the return of the FF on another books success is beyond stupid.
    Liiiiiiiiiiiiies
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sales of Fantastic Four since the start of Hickman's run until the cancellation (and a bit of Secret Wars for fun). Hardly terrible numbers, a lot of Marvel books were selling less.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    Sales of Fantastic Four since the start of Hickman's run until the cancellation (and a bit of Secret Wars for fun). Hardly terrible numbers, a lot of Marvel books were selling less.

When I look at those numbers, I can only say that the storylines mattered.

Hickman had both Fantastic Four and FF performing well enough with the intertwined storylines.
    Fraction started out well enough on both, but his FF series trailed off towards the end. As I recall though, the writing was on the wall about his leaving the book around then.
    Robinson started out well, but the story he told (deconstructing the FF) was similar enough to what Fraction did in Fantastic Four (search to cure the FF from dying), that it became old. The villain in Robinson's run was completely forgettable too.

Get good creators, tell a compelling story, and the Fantastic Four would still be a flagship title.

Marvel Two-In-One's first arc is called The Fate of the Four. For some reason, no legacy numbering, it starts with #1 instead of #101.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Get Priest to write a new FF ongoing with the original team.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I honestly don't know what the hell Marvel is doing anymore. Heck, I don't even think they know what they are doing...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

The Fate of the Four lies in the hands of one man at Disney headquarters or so it would seem......

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I've been really fiending for some good FF stories. I think I'll give Fraction and Robinson a go. Either them or Bendis and Millar. *shudder*

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I've been really fiending for some good FF stories. I think I'll give Fraction and Robinson a go. Either them or Bendis and Millar. *shudder*
    None of those are very good runs. I would stick with the classics like Lee/Kirby, Byrne, Simonson, Hickman.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    None of those are very good runs. I would stick with the classics like Lee/Kirby, Byrne, Simonson, Hickman.
    I've complected Lee/Kirby, Byrne, Hickman, Ellis and I just finished the epic collection of Simonson. I was actually pondering rereading Lee/Kirby or Bryne but figured I'd try out something I hadn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I've complected Lee/Kirby, Byrne, Hickman, Ellis and I just finished the epic collection of Simonson. I was actually pondering rereading Lee/Kirby or Bryne but figured I'd try out something I hadn't read.
    Have you tried the Waid run?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Is the Fraction run actually good? I stopped reading FF after Hickman but I've heard mixed reviews on Fraction's run...it got its own omnibus so it can't be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Have you tried the Waid run?
    I have not. I see it's not very long. I can track that down and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Is the Fraction run actually good? I stopped reading FF after Hickman but I've heard mixed reviews on Fraction's run...it got its own omnibus so it can't be terrible.
    Fraction had a good idea getting the F4 away from the Baxter Building There was a pretty weak reasing for it, but the general idea was a different take. The FF (Future Foundation) was a more fun take (Mike Allred art), despite Scott Lang's angst over his daughter's death.

Basically, Fraction - different take, not quite as well done.
    Robinson was done better, but had nothing different and his F4 was by the numbers.

Both writers were a letdown after Hickman.