Page 95 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 4303
    BANNED

Imagine if there was a FF MCU announcement at D23 today!

I would literally poop my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Eh, something like that would actually be cool. We don't get enough bi guys in comics.
    True and it wouldn't ignore his history. His relationships with and feelings for Crystal, Lyja and other women would not change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Imagine if there was a FF MCU announcement at D23 today!

I would literally poop my pants.
    I would legit cry tears of joy and not care. But I won't get my hopes up, I've been disappointed before.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Dang, no Johnny and Crystal.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

That was some of the ugliest artwork, especially Reed, Sue and Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That was some of the ugliest artwork, especially Reed, Sue and Thing.
    I really like the Reed and Sue one, it was Joan and Stan drawn as them.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I know I'll get a lot of flak for this, but I think Johnny should be bisexual. There I said it.
    You have a right to your opinion but I would be totally against this. IMO there's no basis for it the character's long history in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You have a right to your opinion but I would be totally against this. IMO there's no basis for it the character's long history in comics.
    Here's another area where the long history of the F4 really can't function as is perfectly. Sue, for example, has gone from girl hostage to strong independent powerful heroine. Her relationship with Namor, to me, really would have been different in the 60s from where it could be in more recent years.

Attitudes towards non-heterosexual relations have changed considerably since Johnny was dating Dorrie Evans. I'd have no problem believing Johnny's Kinsey score wasn't 0. Bisexual feelings in the 60s and 70s were different than they are today, at least as far as being accepted socially. Johnny's sexuality was defined in an era where homophobia was the norm. I'd rather not see him as over-reaching with woman to cover up being gay like Iceman, but having occasional feelings for a man and/or a rare dalliance wouldn't be out of line.

Stan Lee D23 Disney Legends they showed a brief clip of Fantastic Four 05 in the Montage weird since Disney doesn't own those rights. I didn't notice X-Men clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I understand and respect fans not wanting this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Here's another area where the long history of the F4 really can't function as is perfectly. Sue, for example, has gone from girl hostage to strong independent powerful heroine. Her relationship with Namor, to me, really would have been different in the 60s from where it could be in more recent years.

Attitudes towards non-heterosexual relations have changed considerably since Johnny was dating Dorrie Evans. I'd have no problem believing Johnny's Kinsey score wasn't 0. Bisexual feelings in the 60s and 70s were different than they are today, at least as far as being accepted socially. Johnny's sexuality was defined in an era where homophobia was the norm. I'd rather not see him as over-reaching with woman to cover up being gay like Iceman, but having occasional feelings for a man and/or a rare dalliance wouldn't be out of line.
    Pretty much agree.

Incredible Member

Isn't there room in the Marvel Universe for one all white, heterosexual nuclear family? (Besides if anyone has a history, it's Reed and Doom. Doom can't go fifteen minutes without yelling, "RRRRRRRICHAAAAARRRRDDDDSSS"!)

I know I'll get a lot of flak for this, but I think Johnny should be bisexual. There I said it.
    I'm all for it. I really love Johnny and I'd more than happy for this to happen. I don't think it would just come out of the left field, and if they set it up appropriately, i think it would be awesome for the character and his fans. It doesn't change his relationship history, and opens up the potential for some cool stories coming up. And if you really look through the comic's history, maybe there have been some subtle sly hints from some writers in the past.

http://titanstogetherr.tumblr.com/po...ally-bipanpoly

That would be of no interest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That would be of no interest to me.
    When you say it would be of no interest, do you mean you wouldn't want it, or that it wouldn't bother you but you just wouldn't be interested?

BANNED

In the X-Books, we're talking about how we think Chris Claremont would be a good contender to bring the FF back. Considering that the X-Men was a dying franchise when he revitalized it, I think he could possibly do the same for the FF especially considering that he is a fan of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    In the X-Books, we're talking about how we think Chris Claremont would be a good contender to bring the FF back. Considering that the X-Men was a dying franchise when he revitalized it, I think he could possibly do the same for the FF especially considering that he is a fan of them.
    X-Men when Claremont got a hold of them was in a very different status than FF is now. The X-Men at that time weren't ever a top seller or a major player as far as Marvel franchises went. He tool a concept that had been under-utilized and ran with it. Where that doesn't fit with FF now is there's no idea of what the FF is that it hasn't already accomplished. Mimicking the ideas that Lee/Kirby, Byrne, and Hickman have used won't do it. James Robinson did that and the reaction was underwhelming. If FF is to make a name for itself in the 21st century, it needs a new outlook, a change in style and attitude. As I've said, if I had a clue what that is, I'd be writing and collecting accolades and awards.

I'm not sure a traditional approach with FF is going to produce anything more than just a mid-level seller today. There's too much stuff out there that's actually good. As great as Lee/Kirby was, what was there to compete against? And yes, anything like what I'm proposing is a gamble and it might bomb. Old school isn't the way here.