Page 96 of 287 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4303
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The FF is getting a fair share of mention as Disney honors Stan Lee with a Disney Legends Award at D23 Expo 2017.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    X-Men when Claremont got a hold of them was in a very different status than FF is now. The X-Men at that time weren't ever a top seller or a major player as far as Marvel franchises went. He tool a concept that had been under-utilized and ran with it. Where that doesn't fit with FF now is there's no idea of what the FF is that it hasn't already accomplished. Mimicking the ideas that Lee/Kirby, Byrne, and Hickman have used won't do it. James Robinson did that and the reaction was underwhelming. If FF is to make a name for itself in the 21st century, it needs a new outlook, a change in style and attitude. As I've said, if I had a clue what that is, I'd be writing and collecting accolades and awards.

I'm not sure a traditional approach with FF is going to produce anything more than just a mid-level seller today. There's too much stuff out there that's actually good. As great as Lee/Kirby was, what was there to compete against? And yes, anything like what I'm proposing is a gamble and it might bomb. Old school isn't the way here.
    There is a sense of difficulty in trying to find some part of the FF that hasn't been explored before, not to mention an approach that will actually stick in this day and age. Hickman's run was the first time in a while that the FF struck gold, and it's proven to be hard to follow up on it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason we haven't had a new book since Robinson's run.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Interesting, but I very much prefer the original FF 100 cover. Can anyone guess why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    There is a sense of difficulty in trying to find some part of the FF that hasn't been explored before, not to mention an approach that will actually stick in this day and age. Hickman's run was the first time in a while that the FF struck gold, and it's proven to be hard to follow up on it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason we haven't had a new book since Robinson's run.
    I agree here. It's one of the reasons I haven't been as vocal about the FF coming back. There are probably a dozen writers who could pull off an FF that's "good enough". I'm really hoping Marvel's concerned with this and not just pulling a hissy-fit over movie rights with the FF hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The FF is getting a fair share of mention as Disney honors Stan Lee with a Disney Legends Award at D23 Expo 2017.
    They were mentioned quite a bit for Jack Kirby's tribute, they even used the theme from the 05 film.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

A very nice tribute to "King" Kirby!

Marvel Two-in-One seems to be the only book missing from the full October solicits...

https://www.newsarama.com/35418-marv...citations.html

BANNED

R.I.P

Can't sneak two in one past Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel Two-in-One seems to be the only book missing from the full October solicits...

https://www.newsarama.com/35418-marv...citations.html
    Was there any word on a team for MTIOv2?

The only info about the book is that the first story is called "the fate of the four". That's it. Nothing on who the creative team are and no sign of the book in the October solicits.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    In the X-Books, we're talking about how we think Chris Claremont would be a good contender to bring the FF back. Considering that the X-Men was a dying franchise when he revitalized it, I think he could possibly do the same for the FF especially considering that he is a fan of them.
    Claremont already had a run right after Heroes Reborn ended. He tended to lean on his X-Men background for a while but IMO I liked his intro of the Valeria von Doom character. He was also put in charge of bringing back Doom from the Franklinverse where he was marooned for a while. That was done in a series of one shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The only info about the book is that the first story is called "the fate of the four". That's it. Nothing on who the creative team are and no sign of the book in the October solicits.
    Nothing to worry about. It's one of 25 titles not starting their Legacy arcs in October.

Indeed. Seemslikethe next batch will be appear in november. Maybe they still are TBA yet. Mostly most series are continuations forprevious teams. Only Falcon and spirits of vengeance are new.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Just to let those know that within SECRET EMPIRE #6 has (more or less) re-created a classic moment of the F4's history (in addition to the other surprising moments within said Issue.) .

IMG_1552.jpg

So how'd that happen?!?