Page 97 of 287 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4303
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Claremont already had a run right after Heroes Reborn ended. He tended to lean on his X-Men background for a while but IMO I liked his intro of the Valeria von Doom character. He was also put in charge of bringing back Doom from the Franklinverse where he was marooned for a while. That was done in a series of one shots.
    I don't think his run was too popular though because I remember lots of fans complaining that he was bringing in too many X-Universe things especially from the Captain Britain mythos. And that's especially ironic, since he was planning on bringing Kitty Pryde in as a supporting character as Franklin's nanny. I did like though that Valeria's introduction was basically because of him.

Claremont can make things needlessly complicated sometime. he'll come up with a brilliant idea. but then he'll continue to evolve that idea until it's ridiculous. Storm being worshipped as a goddess; makes sense given her powerset and the region. Storm being a descendant of sorceresses...eh, getting kind of far away from the X-Men concept. Storm being a mixture of every race on the planet & being regressed into childhood because that's his kink...wtf.

Incredible Member

Claremont is basically Bendis light, favoring other characters pointlessly except while he makes stuff stupid complicated Bendis just gets lazy and expects us to take it.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 07-19-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Claremont is basically Bendis light, favoring other characters pointlessly except while he makes stuff stupid complicated Bendis just gets lazy and expects us to take it.
    I would say than Bendis is over-Claremont .
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I wouldn't mind Bendis at all for FF.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-19-2017 at 03:52 PM.

BANNED

I'd prefer Bendis on a Thing solo before him being on the F4. Street level stuff is his forte & someone like Ben could work in his favor.

After GotG I just kinda want him to stick to smaller things. I mean I liked his GotG run but I'll admit that last volume was getting out of hand with how he kept flip-floping on who's on the team, what's the status quo for characters, & so on & I just don't want to see that with the F4.

iMan 42s

Bendis on FF needs to be built up to and like Infamous Iron man have a set end goal. He does fine with Doctor Doom and Ben Grimm, he also showed a capacity for Johnny Storm. If Bendis is given a sandbox to work in I don't doubt he would do just fine. The problem is that once he has to deal with everything else in the MU he kind of falls apart, he does well when he can just have fun and the FF if not a smart comic, should at the end of the day be fun (in a word, Fantastic). Strange worlds and shenanigans with technology and comic book logic should be the go-to in the event the writer isn't capable of pulling Hickman.

I never want to see anything like a re-launch along the lines of Ultimate FF.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

if this movie sucess we might have a new f4 sucessfull new comic series that people will buy and cool art and thats a good thing for comics ! <3
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    if this movie sucess we might have a new f4 sucessfull new comic series that people will buy and cool art and thats a good thing for comics ! <3
    I hope the Doom movie never happens, a FOX film will not ensure that the comic returns only a MCU one will. FOX has had three chances to make a good FF film and flopped all three attempts, it's time to let go of the rights. Another film just ensures another seven years of no FF cartoons, no merchandise, no FF in video games and a comic that can be taken away at any time.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope the Doom movie never happens, a FOX film will not ensure that the comic returns only a MCU one will. FOX has had three chances to make a good FF film and flopped all three attempts, it's time to let go of the rights. Another film just ensures another seven years of no FF cartoons, no merchandise, no FF in video games and a comic that can be taken away at any time.
    Same. I hope the Doom movie gets derailed in a hundred thousand different ways like the Daredevil one was and like the Gambit one seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    A successful Dr. Doom film also would mean than marvel will push down Victor as a relevant character in Marvel comics.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The news has ruined my day
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

*sigh.

At least I have Fantastic Four (2005) and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer to tide me over for the next seven years or so.

BANNED

Surely the rule is they have to make a fantastic four movie every 7 years and this Doom movie doesn't affect it.

Could just mean the MCU will never get Doom and they've made a deal for FF, Galactus and surfer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Surely the rule is they have to make a fantastic four movie every 7 years and this Doom movie doesn't affect it.

Could just mean the MCU will never get Doom and they've made a deal for FF, Galactus and surfer.
    I assumed making a Doom film would fit the FF quota, but I could be wrong.