Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I had already made a similar thread: http://community.comicbookresources....rgence-line-up

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    I know, but I couldn't really find any info about that book. I hope it is some type of JSA book though.
    Im hoping for the best also,,,,but since its the same writer as Earths end im not hoping for much...the crew from that book have singlehandedly taken a great selling book and put it into cancellation numbers....im not sure theres a way for Earth 2 to get out of its slump....especially with the same author....

A relaunced BoP and Batwoman
    Zatanna by China Mieville and Andrea Sorrentino
    Vixen by Jeff Parker and Francis Manapul
    New Gods by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    They should absolutely just do JLU Question. Paranoid conspiracy theorist, distrusted and ridiculed by the other heroes, but, all too often his seemingly wild suspicions turn out to be well founded.
    This would absolutely be my ideal, JLU question was inspired. I'd love to see someone with real Hickman level long term planning spin a global conspiracy for him to unravel, yet leave us guessing the whole time as to how much of it was real and how much was just his paranoid delusions. It would be tough to walk the line between sprawling conspiracies and grounded stories but that would be my perfect blend. I'm sure there's a writer out there I've yet to discover who could really make their name on a Question series like that.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I thought I'd be the only one asking for a Hawk & Dove series.
    I LOVED the Kesels' Hawk & Dove. I love everything about them from the concept, to the costumes, to invoking their names to get their powers. The mystical elements yet not being utterly lost in being mystical heroes. The interplay between Hank and Dawn, everything about it. I've always been a sucker for superheroic duos that aren't hero/sidekick. It's something that really hasn't been played with very much in recent times and that I'd love to see return.

Spectacular Member

I was hoping for Shazam, a good Hawkman book, and eventually a Secret Society of S-H book (based on Earth 20, fighting the Earth 40 Villians). I was hoping for a great JSA book as well...but based on the continued murder and destruction happening in the Earth 2 book, most of the characters I liked are gone.

BANNED

This talk of OMAC...man, some of my fondest comic book reading memories involve reading Byrne's take on OMAC. Beautiful art, great story, overall fun stuff. Never read the New 52 version, but I'd love to see the character get a story somewhere at least. I really enjoyed his appearance in Adventures of Superman.

Dc can relaunch omac as a cyborg hero fighting the evil omacs of Brother Eye.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

WildCats
    I/0
    JSA

Mister miracle
    Frankenstein
    Omac
    Plastic man and gnort vs the gods in "god head 2"

Spectacular Member

Doom Patrol
    But I will pick up Doomed anyway

Legion of Super-Heroes
    Please DC? Please?

Multiversity
    I would like to see some sort of Multiverse ongoing, but Im afraid that the quality would suffer without Morrison. I expect DC is keeping some of this close to the chest to not spoil Convergence.

BANNED

Metal Men will probably be appearing in Cyborg's title, so I'm not even upset.

So for me it's Vixen (I know she'll never get an ongoing, but it would be nice)

Atom: He's been underused.

Doom Patrol: What's the point of introducing them, if they are just going to go back to limbo.

Black Lightning: For obvious reasons

The Rogues: Overdue

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dc can relaunch omac as a cyborg hero fighting the evil omacs of Brother Eye.
    tHE TERMINATOR

I would have liked to see a completely rebooted Hawkman that both fixes the mistakes made in "Savage Hawkman" and develops his character, while maintaining some nods to previous iterations.

I never paid much attention to Hawkman, as I always thought of him as a background player. However, when he was introduced in a JL story arc, I remember thinking "This guy is badass! The kind of anti-hero we don't often see in DC". He struck me as a tough guy barbarian king type, with a take-no-bullshit attitude. My curiosity got the better of me and I proceeded to buy the first issue of "The Savage Hawkman" on comixology.

I was hoping to get DC's answer to Wolverine/ Thor/ Hulk, but I ended up being underwhelmed. I was really hoping that Hawkman would be somewhat of a cross between those three characters, in that he would have the tough guy anti-hero attitude of Logan, crossed with the rage of Hulk (during battle), crossed with some sort of mythological god/ ancient king aspect of Thor (or even Aquaman or Wonder Woman). But, alas, instead we got kind of a jumbled mess. I think the main issue was that the creative team couldn't decide who the character really is. Is he an intellectual, or is he a deadbeat? Does he have a moral compass or is he just taking names and kicking ass? I don't like the scientist angle (we have Barry Allen and Bruce Wayne already), nor the frat boy drunkard angle (?), nor the moral space cop angle (we have Superman and Green Lantern).

For what it's worth, here's my idea:
    Make Hawkman an ancient Egyptian warlord with enchanted armor that was gifted to him by the "gods" (who are actually powerful beings from the planet Thanagar). He was also granted "immortality" in the form of a healing factor that has allowed him to live through the ages.
    The Thanagarians, who the Egyptians worshipped as gods, included Ra, Horus, Osiris, etc. At the height of their reign on Earth, they gave powers to a chosen few human leaders who would keep the population in line. One of the most powerful gods, Ra, the hawk god, bestowed the human pharaoh Khufu with nth metal armor that granted him superior strength, flight, and a healing factor that made Khufu virtually immortal. Khufu was a warrior king who created a strong empire while the gods remained on Earth, however, after the gods returned to Thanagar (for some reason), Khufu's abilities remained. Khufu's story is a tragic one, as he slowly lost all that he had gained. He lost his empire, and as the decades and centuries passed, he repeatedly lost those he cared about. He repeatedly changed his identity and wandered the Earth, trying to find his place. In modern times, he goes by the name Carter Hall, and is a bitter person who sees no point in helping his fellow man (he has seen so many atrocities first hand in his long life that he seemingly no longer cares), until he meets with other super-powered beings (JLA or whoever) who witness his abilities and convince him to join their ranks. As Carter Hall, he is sarcastic, bitter and extremely blunt. carter has great difficulty remembering his past, which confounds his bitterness. When he "wills" the nth metal armor and transforms to his Hawkman form, a rage and bloodlust take hold of him that is sometimes difficult to control. His strength is similar to Shazam or Wonder Woman. His mace is as powerful as mjolnir, and when he swings it, it rivals Superman's punch. He is exceptionally fast in flight.

I believe this backstory opens the door to countless possibilities in exploring the character's past, especially since he has been around for practically all of Earth's recorded human history. It also brings in Egyptian and Thanagarian elements.

Even though that Hawkworld only has the alien version it is stil one of the best version (the Hawkworld miniseries is collected in a trade). I don't know if Hawkman is anti hero. He is pride and don't take any bulls**t. However I wouldn't call him an anti-hero (I wouldn't call Thor an anti-hero either).

50 Shades of Wayne. C'mon, you know you want it