Thread: Andromeda

Default Andromeda

"The long night has come,the system commonwealth,the greatest civilization in history has fallen but now one ship,one crew have vowed to drive back the night and rekindle the light of civilization. On the starship Andromeda hope lives again."

This is my favorite sci fi show which i like to watch. The commonwealth system has fallen in the Nietzschean war. After 300 years, ship Eureka Maru finds Andromeda and pulls out the cruiser from the event horizon. After a long sleep,Dylan want to restore the commonwealth system.

Guys,what do you think about this show?
    Last edited by FuzzyElf; 02-07-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    Cyclops: Teleporter to maximum, Mr. Wagner.
    Nightcrawler: Aye, Captain!
    Cyclops: Engage.

Incredible Member

I definitely enjoyed this when it was on.

Rev. Bem was a cool character, the idea of a demonic creature trying to fight its nature through faith. Wish they would've kept him around longer.

I prefered Trance's secondary form (though the horns she was spouting in that form dissappeared quick).

There were alot of standalone episodes, like the bridge through time or dreamtime/ arkology episode that I wish could've been arced out more.

Tyr Anasazi, losing that character. He was really half the show to me, that standout character.

The Abyss, I had some issues with the abyss (though the magog and their interconnected world setup was really cool).

The four legged blue species (forget the name) were cool, would've liked more of them. John Delancie was his villainous best in this.
    The final season, the space western vibe, episodes were very hit or miss for me (drago mussevini showing up was a definite miss) and I was never particularly fond of Trance being a sentient sun.

I would definitely love a sequel series focusing on an older Dylan Hunt and maybe Tyr's son with a possible return for Tyr himself.
    One thing I will give the series the season finales were top notch (I don't strongly recall season 5s finale, something about Trance and the abyss cancelling each other out).

BANNED

The the show went down hill after it lost Tyr.

Boisterously Confused

It had promise, but never lived up to it. It was a retrofit of a pilot Roddenberry filmed in the early 70s about a man waking up on Earth where civilization had collapsed, and I don't think the development team gave it enough fleshing out.

Still, it had its qualities. Elements like the Nietzschean culture and the Magog were inspired.

THought this show was so-so, or at least what I saw of it. Definitely enjoyed Sorbo more here than in Hercules.

Agree with others that the Nietzschean culture and Magog were interesting components of the show.

Remember seeing the Andromeda computer avatar lady show up on Continuum.