Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Emanuela Lupacchino is drawing the series.
    This is what her Starfire looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Emanuela Lupacchino is drawing the series.
    This is what her Starfire looks like:

In that case I think I will like the art. I'm glad that the interior art will be different from the cover art. I wonder if her starbolts will still have their pinkish coloring or if they will change to green like it is on the cover. Or if they will go back to being orange/gold like they were pre-reboot.
    Last edited by nj06; 11-08-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

-Two talented writers, check.
    -An actual decent costume, check.
    -She's smiling for once, check.
    -A talented artist, check.

What's not to love about this? Given how badly her character has been treated in the New 52 thus far, I have every confidence that Connor/Palmiotti will be a drastic improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know, and that makes me a little sad. Ive never watched the cartoon, but as I understand it, she's much more "cute" than anything there. Which is fitting for that particular demographic, but it takes away (in large part) one of the most interesting concepts to explore with Kori. In my opinion anyway. Im hoping for something in between. The cartoon has a lot of fans, and those fans deserve to be able to download and enjoy a Starfire comic and be able to recognize the hero inside. However, us fans who know her as a long standing Titan and Outlaw also deserve to see that version of her character too.
    In the cartoon, she was pretty much the same as far as an alien learning Earth ways, but very cute in a childish sort of way. Basically, the sexuality was the only thing missing. It was toned down a lot to a basic mutual crush between her and Robin. It was built up throughout the whole series, and culminated in the Trouble in Tokyo movie. Actually, it almost seemed like the show should have been called the Pre-teen Titans, they all seemed much younger than their comic counterparts, except for Cyborg really.

And don't even bother with the current Teen Titans Go, unless you want strictly laughs. They are all portrayed as being really stupid in that series, Raven is the only one that displays any intelligence at times.

Astonishing Member

I really enjoyed red hood and the outlaws. I think star fire has turned into such a multi dimensional character after the new 52.
    I would really like for starfire to get her own solo and not lose everything from her journey with rhato

Eeh, i'd prefer if Starfire wasn't a drug addict. So if they kind of ignore RHatO like Harley kind of did/does Suicide Squad, i'd be ok with that. Whatever they need to do to get her smile back.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-07-2015 at 08:33 PM.

She is a character that needed a major overhaul. I don't think Outlaws did her many favors, so it is nice to see her finally get out from that book and that someone other than Lobdell gets to write her. That being said I like many of the other works from the creative team but I'm not a fan of the Harley Quinn book, I think it is poorly written, so I wonder how much they are going to change he for her solo. Still, I am surprised it took them so long to adapt her cartoon costume into the actual comics. Seems like something they should have done a long time ago.

BANNED

I have to say I enjoyed seeing her in animation form, but the new 52 hasn't done Starfire any favors. Here's hoping this new on-going series will at least give her a cleaner start in the new 52.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I thought I posted in here guess not. But after thinking about it for a day and I have made up my mind. I am going to get her new series. At first I was thinking I would not as it seems like like it would be very continuity light, and character continuity light (as in the Ivy they writing in Harley does not seem like the Ivy outside of that title for example) which is not a bad thing, but it's just not something I enjoy.

BUT good news is the pros of this new title are to great. I loved Starfire ever since I was little. She is one of my favorite DC heroes, so I am happy she is getting a ongoing! And I love her new costume a lot, its both cute and sexy, without showing to much. And I love the artist, she did some great covers for Ghost from Dark Horse, and the writers are great too.

I am excited to see where this series goes, who she will be fighting and what her side characters will be and if they will be all new. Do you guys think this will be a 2.99 title or a 3.99 title?

On a non series side question, who do you guys want to play Starfire in Titans? And do you want her to be orange? I know some just want her to be tan skined. I am not sure myself.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I'd guess Starfire's book will be $2.99. Bleeding Cool reported yesterday that half the new books will be priced at $2.99.

For Titans, I really hope she'll have her alien complexion, eyes and other traits. Haven't given much thought to casting...gotta do that.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I'd guess Starfire's book will be $2.99. Bleeding Cool reported yesterday that half the new books will be priced at $2.99.

For Titans, I really hope she'll have her alien complexion, eyes and other traits. Haven't given much thought to casting...gotta do that.
    I hope it's 2.99. Will have a better chance of selling that way.

Also, ya. I am at a loss on Starfire. I can think of people for almost everyone else, but her haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, i'd prefer if Starfire wasn't a drug addict. So if they kind of ignore RHatO like Harley kind of did/does Suicide Squad, i'd be ok with that. Whatever they need to do to get her smile back.
    pictures of Starfire getting high?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ya they could go right ahead and ignore this crap.

Why doesn't DC just put a label on their covers, "For the love of god do not let your children read this!"
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut