Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Nightstar as in Nightwing and Starfire. Pretty clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyJuri View Post
    I just hope DC Make Nightwing & StarFire a Thing aready SomeDay they belong together & one of my favorite Couples in DC history besides Catwoman & Batman , I really enjoy the new Teen Titan movie & loved every bit with starFire & Nightwing in it

& if they had a kid she can be named FireStar so many opportunities <3
    Can't. There's a New Warrior/Avenger/Young Ally/X-Man called that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Anna Diop is wearing a big smile for her visual effects scan for TITANS. Hopefully that gives us an indication on the tone of the character's portrayal.
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/14/t...anna-diop-vfx/

Considering the HUGE mass of curly hair that Koriand'r -and most Tamaraneans- were originally portrayed as sporting, combined with Anna Diop's casting... I wonder if we are in for an Afro-tastic Starfire.
    I'd love an Afropunk-futurist take on Tamaran and DC would be smart to try to steal some reflected glory from Marvel's Black Panther that is about to bring the trend into the mainstream.

We need the TITANS character STARFIRE tease to drop NOW!

I can't wait to see what Starfire will look like in the new Titans tv show, but I wanted to Photoshop Jennifer Lopez as everyone's favorite Tamaranean princess. And this is what I came up with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 02-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.

BANNED

I'd really like another Palmiotti/Connor series. I really liked Kory in this.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post

So Awesome
    This Artwork looks similar to Marvel's Ulitmate's Vol. 1(2015) 1st few issues, whether it is the Same Artist or Not it is Still Amazingly Awesome and Magnificent Work!

Really would love to see more Starfire Drawn this Way!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

I can't wait to see what Starfire will look like in the new Titans tv show, but I wanted to Photoshop Jennifer Lopez as everyone's favorite Tamaranean princess. And this is what I came up with.
    Great job. Always felt Starfire should be played by a Latina actress. Any news on when to expect a trailer?

Still one of my favorite costumes for Kory from the Devin Grayson/Mark Buckingham era.

Hey guys thank you for all the nice things you've said about my waifu.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbeing View Post
    Hey guys thank you for all the nice things you've said about my waifu.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This Artwork looks similar to Marvel's Ulitmate's Vol. 1(2015) 1st few issues, whether it is the Same Artist or Not it is Still Amazingly Awesome and Magnificent Work!

Really would love to see more Starfire Drawn this Way!
    Both are indeed by artist Kenneth Rocafort.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Anna Diop is wearing a big smile for her visual effects scan for TITANS. Hopefully that gives us an indication on the tone of the character's portrayal.
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/14/t...anna-diop-vfx/

Considering the HUGE mass of curly hair that Koriand'r -and most Tamaraneans- were originally portrayed as sporting, combined with Anna Diop's casting... I wonder if we are in for an Afro-tastic Starfire.
    I'd love an Afropunk-futurist take on Tamaran and DC would be smart to try to steal some reflected glory from Marvel's Black Panther that is about to bring the trend into the mainstream.

We need the TITANS character STARFIRE tease to drop NOW!
    I do tend to think Starfire's supposed to be vaguely not white most of the time (if she can have any Earth equivalent race or ethnicity). Between the cat motif (her people evolved from felines) and Tamaranean dress her people often came off as vaguely Egyptian with the planet's climate closer to Brazil, sorta.

But I do assume with Diop as Kory that it's something of a definite that if nothing else this Starfire will be "Afro-Tastic".

I do think Starfire's hair not being poofy these days IS actually very sad. XD

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Both are indeed by artist Kenneth Rocafort.
    Excellent to Know, had a feeling it was his work when I could not confirm it, thanks for confirming it. One of My Favorite Present Day working artist around, be Great for him to work on a Starfire or Titans book

Another briefly seen costume for "Kory" from the early Dark Ages of the 90s Titans when the franchise began to falter.
    Parenthesis used because this was (Spoiler Alert) revealed to be an imposter Starfire. Hilariously, the imposter had to keep coming up with reason's she couldn't display any of Starfire's powers. Seems like it was a con that wasn't well thought out. Much like many of the story lines of the period.
    That revelation likely torpedoed Tom Grummett's design from being used when the genuine article reclaimed her identity. Pity, it was one of the better ones of that era and suited the character keeping her sexy but less exposed.

Yeah, RealKory hated that costume by association...

StarFire (Estelar) Teen Titans 2018 Commission!
    by Rochart-Studio!

https://www.deviantart.com/art/StarF...sion-731027016