Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    This, and the SS Starfire.
    I kinda want Kom to show up .. Hopefully not evil but at least for a little sisterly bonding.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Is it true that Kori mentioned Donna in RHATO?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I kinda want Kom to show up .. Hopefully not evil but at least for a little sisterly bonding.
    I want Komand'r to show up as well. But I want her to EVIL again! Evil Blackfire is a boss and the DCnU 52 needs a true HBIC like her to rule the cosmos! If people step to the Queen, then..well...they can get a starbolt to the chest like Hawkwoman:

Or get melted down like this Thanagarian Ambassador:

Or get vaporized like this guy:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I hated how DC killed off Shayera during the height of her popularity, but that's not relevant to this thread.
    Anyways, I agree on wanting Blackfire as a villain. So many villainesses are lost and turned into "anti-heroes" or "anti-villains" for various reasons. It would be nice for the quality ones, like Blackfire, to remain evil. She's good at being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I want Komand'r to show up as well. But I want her to EVIL again! Evil Blackfire is a boss and the DCnU 52 needs a true HBIC like her to rule the cosmos! If people step to the Queen, then..well...they can get a starbolt to the chest like Hawkwoman:

Yes. Blackfire needs to be bad. A lot of characters are looking for a archenemy with staying power, not many come with one built in. Making Blackfire not so bad is short sighted, and tantamount to taking Starfire's archenemy away. So ya Blackfire needs to be bad, for both characters benefit.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-13-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I hated how DC killed off Shayera during the height of her popularity, but that's not relevant to this thread.
    Anyways, I agree on wanting Blackfire as a villain. So many villainesses are lost and turned into "anti-heroes" or "anti-villains" for various reasons. It would be nice for the quality ones, like Blackfire, to remain evil. She's good at being bad.
    Well all of you pretty much got that wish she's back and she's bad.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Well all of you pretty much got that wish she's back and she's bad.
    When was this? The last I remember, she was pretty friendly to Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    When was this? The last I remember, she was pretty friendly to Starfire.
    Last few issues, she's working for Helspont and seemingly the cause of Starfire's drug problem (her or Rose Wilson), she appeared last issue as Starfire's captor.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Last few issues, she's working for Helspont and seemingly the cause of Starfire's drug problem (her or Rose Wilson), she appeared last issue as Starfire's captor.
    Thanks, it looks like I'll have to do some backtracking before the new series drops.

Ultimate Member

IDK, I've never been real big on Blackfire as a villain. Maybe it's just that the whole "evil siblings" thing is such a tired/overused cliché in comics that I just don't find it to be all that interesting. I kind of just yawn and tune it out. Which is why, despite it's MANY flaws, early RHATO's portrayal of a NOT really evil Blackfire was something that I actually liked.

Not for females. There isn't really that many Cain/Abel sisters in comics. Nor really even truly bad female villains that they keep bad. But Blackfire will need a contemporary update too, along with Starfire. Making her not bad though just serves no purpose. As a character Blackfire doesn't contribute anything if she's not bad. Superheroes need role players. Making Blackfire not bad takes her role away, takes away her worth and usefulness. Its also weakens Starfire, as it takes away her nemesis.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-13-2015 at 08:18 PM.

I really wonder how to go about making her a villain though .. I cant really think of a good reason. And can she even fly in the new 52??
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I really wonder how to go about making her a villain though .. I cant really think of a good reason. And can she even fly in the new 52??
    Tbh, I don't know if she can fly. She also doesn't have her own starbolt powers that we've seen, right?

Also, in regards to making her evil, perhaps she realizes that in order for her people to survive in the universe after being enslaved to the Blight for so long, she has to do some not so nice things. But then that just kinda makes her ruthless rather than evil, so it might not work.

Another character that I would like to see appear in Starfire's new series:

Prince Gavyn/Starman:

He's the Prince of Throneworld and has his own cosmic powered staff and wrist bands. I don't know if he has appeared in the DCnU 52 yet.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Tbh, I don't know if she can fly. She also doesn't have her own starbolt powers that we've seen, right?

Also, in regards to making her evil, perhaps she realizes that in order for her people to survive in the universe after being enslaved to the Blight for so long, she has to do some not so nice things. But then that just kinda makes her ruthless rather than evil, so it might not work.

Prince Gavyn/Starman:

He's the Prince of Throneworld and has his own cosmic powered staff and wrist bands. I don't know if he has appeared in the DCnU 52 yet.
    Well, I assumed that she could fly based on the way her hair behaved, in a manner similarly to Kori's , being almost flamelike with orange energy coursing through it (They should honestly just give her a trail of energy like Starfire by now ... The old ugly sister routine is Meh
    .) . And, in à scan I saw while looking for some new 52 shots of her, she appeared to be firing golden energy from her hands ...

And, I'd like to see Starfire interact with more of her people in her solo~
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Prince Gavyn/Starman:

As for Starman....pass. The only people allowed to call themselves "Starman" (in my book of course!) have "Knight" for a last name. And Courtney. She's totally allowed to be Stargirl (or Starwoman, if she ever grows up). But that's just me.

As for Blackfire....I think there are a lot of interesting avenues to go with her. Kori needs a good nemesis who can pull on the emotions, and Blackfire could certainly be that....but how many Able/Cain siblings do we have in comics? The fact that Kori and Blackfire happen to be female doesn't really make much of a difference.

I'd like to see, perhaps, something more nuanced, where Blackfire isn't Kori's enemy because she's "evil" but has unfortunate motivations instead. Being a ruler, she'd be no stranger to making hard calls and being forced to pick the lesser evil. Perhaps her goals don't line up with Kori's, and Blackfire, being rather coldhearted and ruthless anyway, won't let her personal feelings for her family get in the way of what's right for her people. I dunno, but I'd hate to see Blackfire treated as just some two-dimensional villain (even if she's meant to be *the* Villain). She needs to be more Doctor Doom than Gorilla Grodd.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.