Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    In what ways? I thought her time with the Teen Titans was ok. It didn't blow me away but it wasn't too bad. At first I didn't like seeing her with the Outsiders, but I did grow to like her on that team, even if it was brief. I think she was great during 52. I loved her storyline with Animal Man and Alan Strange.

Also, two of my favs:

Now as one:

Sorry dude...when I say '03 Starfire, I mean Teen Titans: TAS. I didn't like that take.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Sorry dude...when I say '03 Starfire, I mean Teen Titans: TAS. I didn't like that take.
    Oh ok, lol.

In that case I agree with you 100%. Looking back, I find myself liking that particular series less and less, especially when it comes to Starfire. Her characterization along with the show's own extra emphasis on humor really didn't work for me. Blackfire was a huge let down as well.
    Last edited by nj06; 02-24-2015 at 11:00 AM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Yes that is true, Starfire can't fly in space which is quite annoying since it limits her, but I did like the work around to that when they made her commander of the SS Starfire, but I think we can have both she needs to be able to fly in space.
    That's kinda terrible. If they wanted to limit her, I would have preferred it had been done in another way. I too think it would be better if she can fly in space like she could pre-reboot. Hopefully her new series will ignore this change.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

So Awesome
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

So Awesome
    Agreed. That was a good arc and I liked seeing Starfire's crew mates. They are kinda like her Warbound.

I had my doubts about these three being a team when I first learned of this title around the time of the reboot, but they have grown on me and I think they have a ton of potential as a team. While I think Lobdell is the best writer for the series so far, I still think the right writer for this team is yet to be found.

Punk Starfire:

What did you not like about that take?

BANNED

Like I said before...I'm going to miss Star, Roy & Jason. They just worked well together imo...but I don't mind Starfire doing her own thing.

Yes that is true, Starfire can't fly in space which is quite annoying since it limits her, but I did like the work around to that when they made her commander of the SS Starfire, but I think we can have both she needs to be able to fly in space.
    Did they say the thing about gravity or did she say she cant?

And we all agree she makes a badass captain...i need the Starfire in her solo.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What did you not like about that take?
    She was too bubbly, too moronic for me. 100% naive as well.

So Awesome
    Deffinetly need some K'tten in the solo..her name is awesome XD
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I found her hilarious actually
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Ehh the whole space captain thing seemed like overcompensating to me. I can do with out that. And Starfire being naive, in her way, to me is part of her appeal. Part of her charm. Now it doesn't have to be exaggerated like in the cartoon, and she should be less childish and more young adult, but I still think Starfire should have some naivete again. Being a badass for the sake of being a badass is boring. Lacks that charm.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-24-2015 at 11:05 AM.

I never really saw it that way. She could come across like that but really it was due to the fact that she was an alien in a world she was new to. Her being nice and somewhat naive was due to her trying to assimilate well into Earth culture. Aslo remember that her powers came from her emotions which was also a nice subversion of the trope of strong female characters needing to be cold, emotionless robots to be interesting. Kory wore her emotions on her sleeve and that was both a weakness and a strength.

I just received the Kotobukiya Bishoujo Starfire 2 days ago, and I have to say I am impressed: it is a gorgeous statue! To all Starfire fans who are not allergic to an anime redesign, this is a must get!

A review here, so people know what I am talking about:
    http://www.plastikitty.com/home/plas...houjo-starfire