Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Speaking of Diamondback, I hope that she pops up in here as well. We haven't really seen much of her since Brubaker's Cap run ended.
    Man, I hope someone uses her before Remender does in his Cap run. I don't think Rachel has much time left the longer Remender goes on Cap.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    HOLY CRAP! I HAD NO IDEA HE DREW THIS ISSUE!!!

Now I'm extra excited!
    I started doing Research on Jorge Molina work as soon as the topic on their work came-up, so Indeed I found many examples of it and glad I found one that made you More Excited for it Songbird/Diamondback!

As with any Artist, especially on a book I have Grand Hopes for, I hope they Bring their A of A Games to the Project. Some of the examples I saw indeed gave me much to hope for, but also it will be vital on the Inking style that Molina has added to his work, whether by him or someone else.

Right Now we can hope it is one levels like the ones that have been shown already. This will be even more interesting when Molina has solo all Females to Draw in many scene and that will be the key to how successful he can make their work transcending with the story being told.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I started doing Research on Jorge Molina work as soon as the topic on their work came-up, so Indeed I found many examples of it and glad I found one that made you More Excited for it Songbird/Diamondback!

As with any Artist, especially on a book I have Grand Hopes for, I hope they Bring their A of A Games to the Project. Some of the examples I saw indeed gave me much to hope for, but also it will be vital on the Inking style that Molina has added to his work, whether by him or someone else.

Right Now we can hope it is one levels like the ones that have been shown already. This will be even more interesting when Molina has solo all Females to Draw in many scene and that will be the key to how successful he can make their work transcending with the story being told.
    Indeed. Between this and the new Starfire ongoing, I'm actually really pump to get two books that I know will have above and beyond artists. This thrills me and I really hope A-Force delivers with story and female characters showing up!

Oh, if we're going to alternative universe female heroes to show up?

ULTIMATE BOMBSHELL
    MARVEL ADVENTURES GIANT GIRL
    MC2 AMERICAN DREAM

I would DIE!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post

Arcadia: #35, an island Domain in the Southeastern corner section of the SW Battleworld map

Surrounded by:

In the West: #'s 25 - Valley of Flame, 26 - The Hydra Empire, & 28 - Hala Field
    To the North: #'s 27 - 2099 & 36 - Bar Sinister
    Off to the East: #'s 31 - The Wastelands & 37 - Limbo
    And down South: #'s 38 - The Deadlands & 40 - New Xandar
    Thanks for the Showing of both the BattleWorld Map Hero Worship and the Reminding us of the Fact that Arcadia was revealed on it when it came-out originally, So NOW we know its Function in Secret Wars, that is Grand Thanks to the Recent News!

Now, We Know what Arcadia is going to be about, lets figure out what the Surrounding lands might mean for Arcadia and how both maybe the 1st Old Big Threat Might Be and what other Threat might pop-up!

This Info on the Lands comes from the thread made by Resipsaloquitur: Well, might as well talk about the Battleworld Map:

http://community.comicbookresources....attleworld-Map

Lands in the West:

25. The Valley of Flame - Coming Mar 3. (Speculation: based on Devil Dinosaur.)
    26. The Hydra Empire - Coming Mar 3. (Probably speaks for itself.)
    28. The Hala Field - Apparently based on Carol Danvers stuff.

Lands To the North:

27. 2099 - Speaks for itself.
    36. Bar Sinister - Coming Mar 10.

Lands Off to the East:

31. The Wastelands - Based on 2007's Old Man Logan.
    37. Limbo - Coming Mar 3. (Speculation: based on Belasco's realm.)

And Lands Down South:

38. The Deadlands - Coming Mar 3. (Apparently based on Marvel Zombies.)
    40. New Xander - Based on 1991's Infinity Gauntlet.

Now going by this ALL of these Lands along the Island's Borders are going to be interesting in and of themselves in what could amount to some Amazing Stories!

I think 26. The Hydra Empire , maybe not being the Major 1st Villain Teased about, will end up being a Major Foe the Ladies have to contend with. I am also very interest in what may come out of 40. New Xander and 36. Bar Sinister!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I don't think I'm as sold on this book as many of you guys but I am intrigued. Look forward to hearing more from Wilson.

The core team is pretty interesting. None of my favourites are involved but it's nice to get away from the usual suspects. Soule has been working wonders with Medusa in Inhuman so hopefully Wilson keeps the ball rolling in that regard. Nice to see Nico showing up so soon after Avengers Undercover, I had feared she would fall into limbo upon it's conclusion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    ... Thanks for the links Hero Worship.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    ... I Give all My Grandest Thanks to You for Starting Up what is Sure to become an Amazing Fan-Base Community that will Form around this Thread, Hero Team, Creative Team and The Book!

The way the thread started out is Really Amazing, I am Impressed by the Level of Detail and Info given by you about the Book already! You Love and Joy for this book really shows my friend. All the Major Articles, the facts to the Arcadia, Pan and Nymphs and all the News Like how book will go with Secret Wars, what the Author wants to get at with the story... Talk about a Read Carpet both for the Intro of this Thread and for the Book in the General Public, Makes me Smile!

... It is indeed a Grand Moment and 02/06/2015 will be a Marked Moment in History already IMO that marks the Start of New, Grand Legend in the Comic Book World!

Congrats and Thank You for Starting This Thread Hero Worship!

BTW, the Name A-Force has Really Grown on me in the last Day, so count me in on Liking the Name! ;-)

Also, Grand and Clever Name Idea for the Thread; A-Force.....To Be Reckoned With! Very Clever My Friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I agree with CJStriker. You've done a great job on the introduction of the thread. I'm enjoying the links, especially.

However, perhaps you could find another image for Dazzler? I didn't recognize her, as that image just looks like a generic singer. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Now this is how you create an appreciation thread! Well done Hero Worship! I am so happy that my favorite superheroine is a main character here. Some points:

Wilson said the five main women balance out each other. She-Hulk has the sheer strength... Dazzler transduces sound to light so we have our energy manipulator. ...Medusa the queen, obvious leadership skills and a good melee fighter as well... Nico Minoru is the resident spellcaster... Singularity is the real tabula rasa for me. ...
    I'm truly honored by the kind words & compliments everyone, and thank all of you as well, for sharing your own interest & ideas with such zeal. I don't think I've ever been this psyched for a book before! I'll do my best to update, revise, & improve the content & layout of those first few posts on page 1, and any suggestions you all might have for doing so are not only welcomed, but strongly encouraged. High praise indeed, no doubt, most respectful of - and humbled by - it, for sure... so thanks again!

Now on to some of things you each mention:

• Glad the links are being liked, I'll continue to add to them.
    • The name was the biggest - and only, practically - drawback for me from the start, and still is, but I'm warming up to it too. This next bit helps out A LOT with that...
    • The "To Be Reckoned With" catchphrase, that I sadly can't take credit for, as somebody else came up with it... in the original CBR announcement thread, I think, that's where I first saw it anyway. Still, it sounds perfectly natural & like it was meant to be, and goes a long way in making A-Force... work. It's a twofer besides, an ideal tag line that also just happens to make for a great marketing slogan - I LOVE IT! Leave it to the fans, lol... they know best.
    • I did change Dazz's pic to something more closely resembling her original iconic look, and now would like to ask fellow fans of hers - as well as Jen, 'Dusa, & Nico - to submit their fave images of each, and then form a consensus which one is the best & should be used.
    • When it comes to powers, I've decided to update Medusa's somewhat nebulous abilities to "Enhanced/Adaptable" representation & make Singularity's "Nexus" representation.
    • Also, lastly, Ravin' Ray... the main character that's your favorite, is it She-Hulk?

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I want a shirt with that image printed on it. Also I want Lyra and Gunna Sijurvald aka Troll to live in Arcadia.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I love the choice of artist for this, definitely seems like he can draw women who are sexy but in a totally flattering way. Curious to see what Arcadia is like, though I'm hoping personally it's a world where super heroines lead the charge rather than any 'men are evil swine' sort of thing.

Also some art of the lady I'm excited is leading the charge here...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I hope if Bennett and Wilson are truly pulling from ALL corners of the Marvel Universe, they don't forget the women who live underwater, ideal for the ISLAND of Arcadia, including the first female characters, from Marvel Comics #1:

Princess Fen and Lady Dorma

I'd even like to see Counter-Earth Lady Dorma, Queen of Atlan.

Or the forerunner to Peggy Carter, police woman Betty Dean.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Of course, then there are water breathing female superheroes!

Namora

Namorita

Loa (Alani Ryan)

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

And more water breathing female superheroes!

Tamara Rahn

Andromeda

Marrina

I've recently become a fan of She-Hulk, always loved Dazzler and some of the other women on that cover.

Plus that creative team is awesome.

BANNED

An interpretation of Pan & one of his most storied lovers:

... the Greek goddess of the moon:

... whose namesake just also happens to be a known Marvel character:

BANNED

Who's beautiful, but deadly, and ALSO just happens to be a, "... familiar threat to... fans...":

... SHE's:

... the evil Black Queen - and she's BADASS!

... just sayin'.

May I just say, I am so glad that there's a place where Storm actually has her traditional hair and not that mohawk look. After 2 years of that, in which even Ultimate Storm followed suit, it's just nice to see a Storm without it again.