Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Seeing how it's an alt dimension, it might take the best versions of each character. Who knows, maybe Wanda never said "No More Mutants"
    I guess she said " No More Males "

She canged the M word.

Kappa.

And does this book have a fixed roster or would be like A+X ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    This seems cool. But calling it "The Feminist Paradise" is a bit of a turn off for me, seems alienating. But i like the writer, so we'll see.
    Well, it could be worse, at least they are not calling the "Social Justice Warrior Paradise".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Such is the fate of all who do not heed the wisdom of Hall & Oates.

Aaaaand... now my voreraphelia is acting up again. Crud! I'll just ball that thought up and toss it away. Away. Away.
    Too much information.

BANNED

NOW we're talkin'! I know it's only been like a week & a half or so, since this was first announced, but I was already... STARVED for new info, and as you've all keenly shown, THIS:

• Marvel’s Mightiest Women finally get their own explosive series!
    • In a secluded corner of the Battleworld, an island nation is fiercely protected by a team of Avengers the likes of which has only ever been glimpsed before…
    • Fighting to protect the small sliver of their world that’s left, the Amazing A-FORCE stands shoulder-to-shoulder, ready to take on the horde!
    ... and this:

Arcadia - The recently announced "A-Force" ongoing from G. Willow Wilson, Marguerite Bennett and Jorge Molina will take place in this domain. The site's text reads, "Arcadia, the dominion of Battleworld’s mightiest heroines! Enter a land only populated by the women who have earned the title of protector, savior and Super Hero. These are the champions of Battleworld who refuse to bow down to oppression and who will always stand against the forces of evil.
    ... filled the void quite nicely, giving us a bit more to chew on & analyze... more like overanalyze, lol, which I hope to do soon. I LOVE the new cover! WASP! Storm, in her classic, full goddess glory! In the forefront, a classic, sassy & brassy Rogue! SO AWESOME - this is gonna be so good!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    As long as no one tries to make Rogue look worse to prop up Scarlet.
    Seeing how it's an alt dimension, it might take the best versions of each character. Who knows, maybe Wanda never said "No More Mutants"
    I'm worried about the way they draw her as opposed to the way they draw Wanda. Not saying that anyone has ever done that before.... maybe. lol

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So... They're their own alt Universe where there are no Male Superheroes?

Not liking that if that's the case like how I wouldn't like a Universe that only has Male Superheroes.

I have a feeling some of them are from 616 or different alternate universe.

Ultimate Member

I like how the image has a Runaway, an Inhuman (also an FF member), 2 Avengers (1 also an FF member), a new character and *three* X-Men. Definitely no marginalizing the mutant X-franchise / feeding the Complex going on here! (And while Sue isn't on this particular cover, there are two other ladies who have been Fantastic Four members, so that franchise isn't being left out in the cold, either).

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like how the image has a Runaway, an Inhuman (also an FF member), 2 Avengers (1 also an FF member), a new character and *three* X-Men. Definitely no marginalizing the mutant X-franchise / feeding the Complex going on here! (And while Sue isn't on this particular cover, there are two other ladies who have been Fantastic Four members, so that franchise isn't being left out in the cold, either).
    Well... it's a variant cover meant to sell more copies. They know the X-Men sell. ;P But yes, I'm hoping this somehow reflects the actual cast and isn't just a money grab.

Overall, A-Force looks like it'll be very focused evenly between the women of the various franchises!

...Even if the point is to call all of them Avengers now. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I'm just wondering if the second issue cover is also Cheung. With MORE females!

Nico front and center again. Love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Nico front and center again. Love it!!!
    If this boosts Nico's fandom, I'm all for it!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

What countries directly border Arcadia?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    What countries directly border Arcadia?
    None, it's an island nation.

Which is lucky, strategically-speaking. What's also lucky is that they have their backs to "The Wall" -- although that does mean they have a certain responsibility to take care of any nasties that come out from behind The Wall. But even then, the portion of The Wall that's near them borders something called The Deadlands. I don't know if that means empty space where nothing lives (lucky) or zombies (not so lucky).

The countries surrounding it are Valley of Flame (likely dinosaurs), Limbo (likely demons), and Bar Sinister (likely Mr. Sinister's paradise, but who knows). Out of those three, I see Bar Sinister as the only real threat, though if Magik decides to unleash some demons on Arcadia, that could be a problem too, heh.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    None, it's an island nation.

Which is lucky, strategically-speaking. What's also lucky is that they have their backs to "The Wall" -- although that does mean they have a certain responsibility to take care of any nasties that come out from behind The Wall. But even then, the portion of The Wall that's near them borders something called The Deadlands. I don't know if that means empty space where nothing lives (lucky) or zombies (not so lucky).

The countries surrounding it are Valley of Flame (likely dinosaurs), Limbo (likely demons), and Bar Sinister (likely Mr. Sinister's paradise, but who knows). Out of those three, I see Bar Sinister as the only real threat, though if Magik decides to unleash some demons on Arcadia, that could be a problem too, heh.
    The lands under the wall are Thanos world, Ultron world, and Marvel Zombies world. There's a reason they are walled off.

The lands under the wall are Thanos world, Ultron world, and Marvel Zombies world. There's a reason they are walled off.
    Indeed. Which is definitely lucky for Arcadia, lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny