Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1692
    Spectacular Member

I'm still missing this book. Hope to be able to get the trades. I would love to see it come back with Singularity, Dazzler, and Jen as the leader. It would be cool to Mac in there too.

BANNED

Can't believe NOBODY posted THIS yet:

Newsarama.com's A-FORCE Leads Latest HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS Waves

Pretty awesome, huh? Wonder if this is a sign that we may be getting a relaunch soon?
    Sometime in the summer or fall, perhaps?

Oh, and Ray, we're also getting a new & MUCH improved:

... who joins his sister:

... this year, as well!! :-D

That was posted already, just not in this thread. Only two of the six in that top pic are actual A-Force members (though Elsa did team up with them in the final arc).

Spectacular Member

You know, I really liked this book.

It was a group of great characters from diverse backgrounds who worked effectively together while still having enough interpersonal conflict to keep things dynamic. That's the hallmark of a great team of Superheroes. The fact that they had reasons to team up that were totally unrelated to the fact that they were all women was great because it established that the team wasn't defined by gender but by quality and there were no members that were brought in "just because they are women." The fact that it was marketed primarily on the idea that it was an all girls squad did it a major disservice, but I get why it was done.

I wish it had lasted.... and barring that I wish we at least knew what ever became of Singularity.

Blue is probably with Nico at the moment. She was always closest to her and Dazzler. But Dazzler is accounted for, having appeared in IVX.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was posted already, just not in this thread. Only two of the six in that top pic are actual A-Force members (though Elsa did team up with them in the final arc).
    I am guessing they wanted to be new characters to be part of the set since the other members were already released with other waves and sets.

Well, three. Loki was one of the main characters on the original SW tie-in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, three. Loki was one of the main characters on the original SW tie-in.
    .....And it's the Female version of Loki, so that worked out all right.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Can't believe NOBODY posted THIS yet:

Newsarama.com's A-FORCE Leads Latest HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS Waves

Pretty awesome, huh? Wonder if this is a sign that we may be getting a relaunch soon?
    Sometime in the summer or fall, perhaps?

Oh, and Ray, we're also getting a new & MUCH improved:

I want a Dazzler-Thor figure!! Come on, she was amazing!!! And I hope (and want) Kelly Thompson to bring her back for more adventures! Whether in her own book (mini-series) or another book. I miss that character.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Letters page from Avengers #21, published in 1965...

In the first letter: "I think you should form a new group - all girls!" - well, he eventually got his wish! Albeit 50 years late. He wanted to see A-Force's concept in the 60s, but there's no way Marvel would've published something like that back then.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I wonder what the A-Force of the 1960's would have looked like.

Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Invisible Woman, Marvel Girl, Polaris...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

That's pretty much it by default, I think. The only others that come to mind are Black Widow and Medusa, but I think both were villains at the time.

We also had the Lady Liberators in the 70's but that was never intended to be a serious team at the time (even though it probably could have been).

Who would've made sense in the 80's? Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Monica, She-Hulk, maybe Mockingbird (I'm just assuming it would probably be all Avengers women at the time). Maybe Julia Carpenter's Spider-Woman.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm not sure if it would have been all Avengers women, but if it weren't then they absolutely had their pick of who it could have been at the time, what with all the X-Women hanging around at the time too.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Pick up Champions, guys!

That's Singularity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman