Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1692
    Extraordinary Member

I miss this book!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pick up Champions, guys!

That's Singularity.
    Thanks for the tip, will definitely pick this up to catch up with little miss Blue.

Pick up Champions, guys!

That's Singularity.
    Didn't see this coming .

Dazzler X Song is out today - and there's a couple of A-Force continuity references.

spoilers:
    Colossus mentions that She-Hulk told the X-Men that Alison had left A-Force, and then Piotr sees what he thinks is Mjolnir in the back of Alison's van - it is of course Dazzler-Thor's Lightbringer! The fact it's been moved means that our Dazzler must've been Worthy to lift it. Don't let Odinson know, Alison!

The M-pox infection isn't mentioned, though the destruction of the terrigen cloud in IVX is. Alison must've been cured off panel.

No mention of Singularity's whereabouts either I'm afraid.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ms Marvel #34:

She's back! Appears in half a dozen pages.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's good to know that Singularity is fine but it's sad to know that she left Nico.

She was one of my favorites in A-force hope she joins some team like Champions or Runaways.

It was nice to see Singularity again. Hope we see more of her in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It's good to know that Singularity is fine but it's sad to know that she left Nico.

She was one of my favorites in A-force hope she joins some team like Champions or Runaways.
    Both would fit fine - she of course already knows Nico, and now Kamala. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she just joins Kamala's solo supporting cast.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I find it hard to believe this will be A-Force related, unless they are only taking the name. I mean, they can't use Captain Marvel because of the movies, Nico because of the Runaways TV show, She-Hulk and Dazzler are likely off-limits for various reasons, Medusa is a strong maybe... Singularity is the only one with no strings attached. It would be really hard to make a faithful-to-the-source A-Force team work under those conditions, so they would have to change a lot to work with what they can use. Maybe it's a mix of available characters from Lady Liberators, Fearless Defenders and A-Force: Tigra, Thundra, Elsa Bloodstone, Ren Kimura, Singularity and maybe Medusa? Maybe some other less known female characters from other franchises too.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-19-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Yeah, I also don't think it's A-force, at least not the team we're used to. If it is something similar, I hope they figure out a better name, I was never a fan of this one, and for a bigger audience, I think it would work even less.
    Do you guys think they could use Misty and Valkyrie? Val probably, but I don't know if they can use someone introduced in the Netflix shows. If they can, Fearless Defenders would be fun. There was also the all-female Heroes for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon (which is too cool a name not to use).

Misty's no go, but the Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok, adapted into the Exiles comic, isn't the same character as Brunhilde who appears in Asgardians of the Galaxy at the moment and of course was a long serving Defender. So yes, she should be usable.

Medusa is probably no go too because they'll not want it associated with that flop Inhumans show. Dazzler, yeah, can't use until after the Fox takeover is completed.

She-Hulk can be used - they can't do Hulk solo movies but they can use the Hulk characters in an ensemble.

Considering it's Heinberg, who created the Young Avengers, what about Hawkeye?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-20-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Misty's no go, but the Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok, adapted into the Exiles comic, isn't the same character as Brunhilde who appears in Asgardians of the Galaxy at the moment and of course was a long serving Defender. So yes, she should be usable.

Medusa is probably no go too because they'll not want it associated with that flop Inhumans show. Dazzler, yeah, can't use until after the Fox takeover is completed.

She-Hulk can be used - they can't do Hulk solo movies but they can use the Hulk characters in an ensemble.

Considering it's Heinberg, who created the Young Avengers, what about Hawkeye?
    Yes Inhumans was a flop, but then Iron Fist season 1 was bad as well and both were the works of Buck, and Iron fist season 2 was much better to get a passing grade and that was done by the guy who did Elektra so let's see what the guy who helped with Wonder Woman can do.

I don't see Hawkeye only cause they will most likely want to see her with the rest of the YA cast who seem more connected to the films, and are too young. Although this could be the show to fully bridge the film and tv shows of the MCU.

If it's going to be on ABC, I wonder if they will try and combine characters from their different existing shows in addition to introducing new characters. This could be a good way to redeem Medusa and Crystal from the Inhumans and possibly reintroduce characters like Mockingbird from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Pick up Champions, guys!

That's Singularity.
    Bit late to the party but that isn't Singularity. It's Sila, a spirit/goddess/embodiment of the North to the Inuk people.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

I'd love to see her in Champions now that she's interacting with Kamala. She'd be more fun than some of the current cast who are the definition of overexposed.

I think this looks good. Lady Liberators isn't a name that's aged well, Fearless Defenders and Daughters of the Dragon are tied to Netflix properties, and A-Force is too generic a name without comic knowledge. That said, I'm here for an all-female lineup. As long as it doesn't prevent movie appearances, I'd love to see Tigra in this. Singularity would be fun. As mentioned most of the others are tied up already. Medusa could work with a recast and improved production value but it may be too soon to consider that.

Also, Ragnorak/Exiles-Valkyrie and 616-Valkyrie are different dimensional versions of Brunnhilde. They are effectively the same character. So, to have two Valkyrie's from the same source in the MCU is redundant. They could, however, use Samantha Parrington.