Page 10 of 113 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I like how the image has a Runaway, an Inhuman (also an FF member), 2 Avengers (1 also an FF member), a new character and *three* X-Men. Definitely no marginalizing the mutant X-franchise / feeding the Complex going on here! (And while Sue isn't on this particular cover, there are two other ladies who have been Fantastic Four members, so that franchise isn't being left out in the cold, either).
    I count 3 F4 members, 3 X-Men (one F4 member doubled) and 2 Avengers. Storm was a subsitute F4 member like She-Hulk and Medusa.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

So I noticed something, Storm, Rogue, & Wasp from the new RussD alt cover, just also happen to be shown right next to each other - and kinda grouped together actually - in Cheung's original:

... mere coincidence, or was it intentional? Makes me woner if we'll maybe see another with the main 5 & Wanda, Jean, Jess, 'Tash, & Carol, or some combination thereof, as they're the other most immediate characters surrounding Singularity & the big 4.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-19-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

That is interesting. I would love to see Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey having a larger role if Wilson is interested in doing so. Perhaps she'll have the main five but mix and match in future stories with the rest?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    ... Perhaps she'll have the main five but mix and match in future stories with the rest?
    EXACTLY what I was going to post next - totally agree! I think the 5 revealed regulars will be the only cast constants, and every other female Marvel heroine... EVER, will be fair game to rotate in & out as the creative team/their process dictates. I would really like that actually, 2,3, or whatever different characters - both big names & lesser knowns - coming to the fore & joining our mainstays as the story progresses & issues/arcs alternate. It would make it seem like you were always reading/seeing something new & keep the book forever fresh! Oh, and of course... CAMEOS GALORE!!... ALL the time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    EXACTLY what I was going to post next - totally agree! I think the 5 revealed regulars will be the only cast constants, and every other female Marvel heroine... EVER, will be fair game to rotate in & out as the creative team/their process dictates. I would really like that actually, 2,3, or whatever different characters - both big names & lesser knowns - coming to the fore & joining our mainstays as the story progresses & issues/arcs alternate. It would make it seem like you were always reading/seeing something new & keep the book forever fresh! Oh, and of course... CAMEOS GALORE!!... ALL the time!!!
    Well, that would be so awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    ... the portion of The Wall that's near them borders something called The Deadlands. I don't know if that means empty space where nothing lives (lucky) or zombies (not so lucky). ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    The lands under the wall are Thanos world, Ultron world, and Marvel Zombies world. There's a reason they are walled off.
    I think we may have already gotten confirmation of one of my worst fears:

... the Amazing A-FORCE stands shoulder-to-shoulder, ready to take on the horde!
    I mean, can't say for sure obviously, but when it comes to word association & the available suspects... well, I'd say... the writing's on the wall.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I mean, can't say for sure obviously, but when it comes to word association & the available suspects... well, I'd say... the writing's on the wall.
    To Me I say I am Glad to Hear such a Hard Foe in the Likes of Thanos or the Marvel Zombies would be the A-Forces 1st Foes!

IMO giving them a hard and High Level threat will put the team threw true tests and some Grand Stories. We should all want the team to show just how strong, put together and well assembled they are by putting them against foes that challenge them and have much cred to them as Villains!

Having any low-level foes might get the book off to a slow start, putting the stacks high with high profile foes is the Right move to show Marvel is Serious about these Ladies!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

When that wall breaks, that'll be the climax of the event cause the rest of Battleworld will have to fight off the victor of that region.

Also, random thought, does this mean that the Spider-Gwen is another Spider-Gwen and not THE Spider-Gwen?

When that wall breaks, that'll be the climax of the event cause the rest of Battleworld will have to fight off the victor of that region.

Also, random thought, does this mean that the Spider-Gwen is another Spider-Gwen and not THE Spider-Gwen?
    Spider-Gwen has been confirmed to be in Arachnia, where all Spider-Verse survivors are. A Spider-Gwen in a universe where there have only been heroines would actually fit really well.

Come to think of it, how do the X-Men work here without Professor X?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Spider-Gwen has been confirmed to be in Arachnia, where all Spider-Verse survivors are. A Spider-Gwen in a universe where there have only been heroines would actually fit really well.

Come to think of it, how do the X-Men work here without Professor X?
    But isn't Spider-Gwen in the Spider-Verse team as well?

But isn't Spider-Gwen in the Spider-Verse team as well?
    That's actually my point. The Spider-Verse Gwen is over in Arachnia, while this Gwen on the cover is an alternate version of her.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

So I noticed something, Storm, Rogue, & Wasp from the new RussD alt cover, just also happen to be shown right next to each other - and kinda grouped together actually - in Cheung's original:

... mere coincidence, or was it intentional? Makes me woner if we'll maybe see another with the main 5 & Wanda, Jean, Jess, 'Tash, & Carol, or some combination thereof, as they're the other most immediate characters surrounding Singularity & the big 4.
    Noticed that too and tried guessing who might be the supporting characters by grouping them into tiers... then I gave up 'cos the image is a bit too subjective on who you might count as being in a particular row, lol. But Jean, Scarlet Witch, and Spider-Woman are definite possibilities for further supporting cast members.

Now now, it might very well be a DEMON horde!

That wouldn't be so bad, right?

...Right?

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That's actually my point. The Spider-Verse Gwen is over in Arachnia, while this Gwen on the cover is an alternate version of her.
    I think we have to assume these are all alternate versions that originate from the same universe Arcadia originates, until told/shown otherwise.

We'll see if this is a direct transplant of Arcadia versions of female heroines, at least at first, and then maybe over time it'll become a safe haven for women from all around Battleworld (those that are able to make the journey)... maybe even some Earth-616 gals.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    For Hero Worship in regard to the Writers:

Marguerite Bennett -A new voice in comics. She was a student under Scott Snyder (I believe Graduate classes) who eventually came into comics via working with him on some material for DC. She's written for DC exclusively so far in her comics area (A special Lois Lane issue of Superman, Injustice issues, Talon issues, Earth 2: Worlds End, Lobo and Batgirl.) I'm not sure about her short stories or prose work as, again she's really new to the whole writers scene.
    Actually she's done some none DC work, she recently wrote the Sleepy Hollow mini-series for BOOM! and I'm certain she's done some co-writing duty at Marvel already.

That said I am looking forward to this book, especially after reading the CBR interview with Bennett and getting a little better idea about the book at its set up. Though it sounds like she is mainly just there for the first arc and then Willow takes over completely from her comments.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    Actually she's done some none DC work, she recently wrote the Sleepy Hollow mini-series for BOOM! and I'm certain she's done some co-writing duty at Marvel already.

That said I am looking forward to this book, especially after reading the CBR interview with Bennett and getting a little better idea about the book at its set up. Though it sounds like she is mainly just there for the first arc and then Willow takes over completely from her comments.
    Yes, I think she's in charge of writing the back-up story on "Angela: Asgard's Assassin" and, for some reason I can't recall, will switch places with Kieron Gillen and write the main story in an upcoming issue.

Also, you'll see quite a number of writing credits for her coming up if you check the May 2015 solits.

I believe today's interview today confirmed that these will be Arcadia born and raised versions of our favorite characters, which is interesting:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59441

With the Runaways' Nico Minoru, you're taking on a character that's seen a lot of darkness in recent years with her experiences in "Avengers Arena" and "Avengers Undercover." How would you describe her emotional status when "A-Force" begins?

She's one of the first people we have encounter Singularity, the new character that Willow designed, who we're laying the groundwork for in "Secret Wars." So Nico is put in charge of acclimating this character and showing her their civilization and world while trying to save it. Nico is sort of like the grounding human force and the anchor that begins to show Singularity the capacity of human beings, both for good and for evil, so Nico becomes even more invested when she starts to see her homeland through the eyes of this stranger.
    Also revealed in the interview is the situation regarding males in this alternate universe/Battleworld region:

So I didn't want to do anything like, "all the men disappeared years ago" or "ever since all the menfolk were killed in that war" or something like that. There are men -- there are heroes there. You'll see familiar faces and favorites, but the heroines are in charge, by majority. It's just this is how their world evolved. They were competent. They were clever and they were the ones in charge because of their skills and they were the best fit for these roles and demands of their world. I don't know if I can tell you much more beyond that. [Laughs] I'm more cagey than usual about this.
    I love this! So we'll see some males helping out, too. A certain group of females just happened to rise to the top.

Bennett also said:

I remember watching one of the DCU animated cartoons a couple years ago where they put together a team of female heroines to go fight a villainess. I think it was Dick Grayson who was talking to them on screen and he was saying something like they couldn't send any male heroes to fight this villainess because she can control the minds of men. I believe it was Batgirl who sassed him back and essentially said, "Why are you trying to justify having a team of only women? No one would ever try to validate sending a team of only men."
    That totally made sense at the time and I loved it, but come to think of it, nowadays... given how vocal the female fanbase is, I think they would have to justify an all-male team. ;D Although, I don't think anyone really made a stink about the Illuminati being all male. Maybe because they were generally a-holes and no one wanted to see a woman on that team anyway, I dunno... XD
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 02-20-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I hope they do deliver on "You're favorites are gonna show up". I want to be surprised at the characters I find!