Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1692
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Thanks, guys. <3

Also wanted to apologize, a lot of people (and I'm sure some of them are from this board) directly asked me questions about A-Force being cancelled on twitter/tumblr/etc,. and I ignored those questions because I was not allowed to answer. I try my best to be engaged with fans, but I was in a position of being specifically instructed to no say anything. So...sorry about that.
    That's okay......it's unstandable Miss Thompson, since the House of Idea must always have the final words about whether or not a series will continue....(besides the readers/fans, of course. )...

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess you're talking about me, or at least kinda. It's ok, I didn't really knew you couldn't say, I saw(or at least I had the impression I did) other writers previously announcing when their books are ending, so I thought you could, and tried again some time later thinking you didn't answered before because it was too early.

Thanks for all you did on A-Force. I think the ending was great (Specially if the CW arc wasn't planned as the last), I like bittersweet but with characters alive and well endings. That last page was beautiful.
    Definitely not just you! I got A LOT of emails/tumblr asks/twitter questions about A-Force potentially being cancelled and I ignored them all. It was painful to do, but I'm still young at Marvel, I gotta follow the rules.

And thank you regarding the ending. CWII arc was definitely not the planned end but I did what I could to make it work and leave it in a good place for someone else to pick up and run with.

I had mapped out both Arc 4 and Arc 5 (though only 4 was tentatively approved). Arc 4 was a short two-issue arc - a Black Widow team up (she was the A-lister I mentioned in interviews). And Arc 4 also would have brought America Chavez onto the team in a permanent capacity (it was still unclear as to whether we would have Jen or not at the time that I was creating/pitching new arcs).

Arc 5 was a longer (four or five issue) arc that took our ladies off planet and was a Dazzler focused story that explored the idea of Dazzler having spent some time in her past as the QUEEN of an alien planet and that planet coming and begging her to return (and then of course everything goes wrong) when she and A-Force go there.

Yeah, I was pretty excited about both of those stories. Learning they weren't going to get to happen was a blow. T_T But maybe someday in some other way they can still happen...or versions of them can!

Thanks again everyone for the support and love you poured into A-Force. I know you loved it like I did. And I'll always be grateful for my time on the book. <3

A-Force was one of my favourite team books, alongside Al Ewing's Ultimates and X-Men '92, Kelly. You're one of my favourite writers at Marvel, with Al, Nick Spencer and Ryan North.
    I surrender to the Contest

All those ideas were great Kelly, I would have loved to see America interacting with the team, and I would have paid a fortune to see Dazzler as a Space Queen...shame on Marvel for doing this. Your posts and your final letter encouraged me to sent an email to the direction you posted, hope that with everybody's opinion will see A-force back...

I get the feeling that the America solo book that was announced recently would've interfered with your plans anyway. Wouldn't IVX also have caused problems? After all, Medusa and Dazzler would be on opposite sides.

There's no reason America can't be in her own book and also in a team book - just like Captain Marvel and Iron Man and Thor and Captain America and everyone else.

I don't think it would have been a problem.

I agree it wouldn't have been a trouble if America joined the team and had her ongoing. Heck, if Wolverine could appear in 15 books at the same time, America could appear in two or three books without trouble.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Definitely not just you! I got A LOT of emails/tumblr asks/twitter questions about A-Force potentially being cancelled and I ignored them all. It was painful to do, but I'm still young at Marvel, I gotta follow the rules.

And thank you regarding the ending. CWII arc was definitely not the planned end but I did what I could to make it work and leave it in a good place for someone else to pick up and run with.

I had mapped out both Arc 4 and Arc 5 (though only 4 was tentatively approved). Arc 4 was a short two-issue arc - a Black Widow team up (she was the A-lister I mentioned in interviews). And Arc 4 also would have brought America Chavez onto the team in a permanent capacity (it was still unclear as to whether we would have Jen or not at the time that I was creating/pitching new arcs).

Arc 5 was a longer (four or five issue) arc that took our ladies off planet and was a Dazzler focused story that explored the idea of Dazzler having spent some time in her past as the QUEEN of an alien planet and that planet coming and begging her to return (and then of course everything goes wrong) when she and A-Force go there.

Yeah, I was pretty excited about both of those stories. Learning they weren't going to get to happen was a blow. T_T But maybe someday in some other way they can still happen...or versions of them can!

Thanks again everyone for the support and love you poured into A-Force. I know you loved it like I did. And I'll always be grateful for my time on the book. <3
    Kelly, I had a feeling you weren't being allowed to say anything about the title. Marvel and DC for that matter seem to be saying very little to nothing about the ending of their books. Whether its to keep things quiet about upcoming book connections or to keep sales up so they don't drop. Either way, it doesn't matter, I have enjoyed all of these issues you have written. Sadly, I won't be able to get #10 until next week, but I'm looking forward to it!

Your upcoming arcs sound great and would have been great reads. I truly would have read those and seen where you would have taken the characters and stories. Thank you for all you have done on this series. Thank you so very much in creating Dazzler-Thor (Thorzler?), she is one of the most amazing and incredible characters I have ever read and truly hope that you can bring her back someday in whatever other series you are writing and can bring her back in. She is an inspirational, and motivational character to me and one I will always appreciate and cherish.

I have to be honest, I had no plans to read the Hawkeye book, as she's just not a character that I connect with, however, I will definitely be picking it up to read your stories and learn about her. You have me as a fan of yours!! Thank you again for all you did for this series!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

There's no reason America can't be in her own book and also in a team book - just like Captain Marvel and Iron Man and Thor and Captain America and everyone else.

I don't think it would have been a problem.
    Hopefully she can show up in Hawkeye! (And vice versa.) And since I'd like to see your take on Natasha, maybe she could too.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

I'm very critical when it comes to trying new books, I give them a few before I make my up my mind about them thought. I have to say I really liked A-Force and hate to see it go. It was one of the best books out of Secret Wars 2 and I was really looking forward to seeing were a team that was made up of such diverse personalities was going. I hope Kelly keeps writing and look forward to seeing her work in the future.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Spectacular Member

I had mapped out both Arc 4 and Arc 5 (though only 4 was tentatively approved). Arc 4 was a short two-issue arc - a Black Widow team up (she was the A-lister I mentioned in interviews).

omg, now I'm even more gutted. I love Black Widow & a Dazz centric arc re: being a queen would have been EVERYTHING. Guys, like the last issue indicates down at the bottom of Kelly's farewell -- e-mail them with why you want to see more of A-Force!

For what it's worth, I believe Publishers DO respond powerfully to letters sent in (for good or ill) it seems to be a more tangible and quantifiable thing to them then just tweets or blogs and such.

If you are so inclined, the email address to send to is: mheroes@marvel.com

For what it's worth, I believe Publishers DO respond powerfully to letters sent in (for good or ill) it seems to be a more tangible and quantifiable thing to them then just tweets or blogs and such.

If you are so inclined, the email address to send to is: mheroes@marvel.com
    Oh I didn't miss that email tucked underneath the final letter on the last page ... a strongly worded letter will be coming ...

Thank you for writing a book that was simply ... fun. Just enough action, just enough drama, just enough joy to keep it fun. It was easily my favorite team book.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Oh I didn't miss that email tucked underneath the final letter on the last page ... a strongly worded letter will be coming ...

Thank you for writing a book that was simply ... fun. Just enough action, just enough drama, just enough joy to keep it fun. It was easily my favorite team book.
    Haha. Well, I won't police what you're going to say, but letters don't HAVE to be "strongly worded." I think "passionate" gets the same point across that you love it and you miss it and you want it back...right? <3

And thank you, I'm glad you liked the book. I did too! T_T
    Last edited by Kelly Thompson; 10-19-2016 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo

I'm very sad that this awesome book is now gone and there isn't a single issue with Janet van Dyne appearing, even as a non-speaking background cameo.

Selfish thing to say, I know, can't help it.

Well for what it's worth I really enjoyed all 15 issues.