Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113
Results 1,681 to 1,692 of 1692

Wrong. The movies never revealed Valkyrie's real name. And considering there's more than one Valkyrie in the 616 comics...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Misty's no go, but the Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok, adapted into the Exiles comic, isn't the same character as Brunhilde who appears in Asgardians of the Galaxy at the moment and of course was a long serving Defender. So yes, she should be usable.

Medusa is probably no go too because they'll not want it associated with that flop Inhumans show. Dazzler, yeah, can't use until after the Fox takeover is completed.

She-Hulk can be used - they can't do Hulk solo movies but they can use the Hulk characters in an ensemble.

Considering it's Heinberg, who created the Young Avengers, what about Hawkeye?
    Seriously...MISTY KNIGHT CAN"T BE USED ?!?

They could recast Medusa and retcon the whole mini-series as Hollywood's take on the culture.

She-Hulk is a question Mark considering how they use her in the plot.

Wrong. The movies never revealed Valkyrie's real name. And considering there's more than one Valkyrie in the 616 comics...
    True but Tessa did say on twitter she was Brunnhilde

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Seriously...MISTY KNIGHT CAN"T BE USED ?!?
    Because she's already in the Netflix shows.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    True but Tessa did say on twitter she was Brunnhilde
    Although unless it's specifically said out loud, she's probably just going to be "Valkyrie" for the foreseeable future.

I mean, they even threw in a character that actually looked like Brunnhilde as her Valkyrie lover who saved her during the flashback fight with Hela.

Even if they didn't specifically call her Brunnhilde, the character Tessa Thompson has stated she was playing. She's been depicted as Asgardian. Chances are then that she isn't Samantha, Barbara or Annabelle. Could she be another member of the Valkyrior? Absolutely. Marvel is going to use the most well known interpretation as their foundation. For a character like Valkyrie, that's Brunnhilde. Tessa's word should be enough. I'm sure they told her who she was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Even if they didn't specifically call her Brunnhilde, the character Tessa Thompson has stated she was playing. She's been depicted as Asgardian. Chances are then that she isn't Samantha, Barbara or Annabelle. Could she be another member of the Valkyrior? Absolutely. Marvel is going to use the most well known interpretation as their foundation. For a character like Valkyrie, that's Brunnhilde. Tessa's word should be enough. I'm sure they told her who she was playing.
    I do find it kind of odd that they kept calling her Valkyrie in pretty much all promotion or interviews instead of clarifying her actual character name. Maybe that was just because "Valkyrie" is catchier or they didn't want to attach her to a specific name.

But I never found her personality in the movie to be all that much like Brunnhilde. I remember someone saying she was more like comic Gamora, and I agree with that to some degree.

I just presumed it was because it was catchier and more well known. More casual viewers would associate the term Valkyrie with Norse mythology than Brunnhilde. Yeah, it's clearly a Norse name but the term Valkyrie is a more well known role in the mythology.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I also don't think it's A-force, at least not the team we're used to. If it is something similar, I hope they figure out a better name, I was never a fan of this one, and for a bigger audience, I think it would work even less.
    Do you guys think they could use Misty and Valkyrie? Val probably, but I don't know if they can use someone introduced in the Netflix shows. If they can, Fearless Defenders would be fun. There was also the all-female Heroes for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon (which is too cool a name not to use).
    I think it's unlikely they can use Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie. They could use some other Valkyrie, I guess, but that would require retconning Thor: Ragnarok, as it was stated that Valkyrie was the last one of her kind. Would Marvel Studios allow Marvel Television to do this?

Netflix heroes might be too complicated to use, because they are currently being distributed by a company that's not Disney's, and Disney has been cutting ties with Netflix recently, so I think it's unlikely we'll see a crossover under those conditions, which is a pity, 'cause I'd love to see Misty, Colleen and Hellcat involved in something like this.

She-Hulk can be used - they can't do Hulk solo movies but they can use the Hulk characters in an ensemble.
    I think She-Hulk is way too important to be greenlit in a project specifically described as a show featuring less known female heroes.

Considering it's Heinberg, who created the Young Avengers, what about Hawkeye?
    Possible, but like I said in the Young Avengers thread, I prefer if Kate gets her MCU debut under Marvel Studios, so she can be used in a potential Young Avengers franchise in the future. Getting your debut on Marvel TV pretty much seals your destiny as only being allowed to ever stay on your own littler corner of the MCU, and now that Marvel Studios is reportedly planning to produce their own TV shows, I think Kate has a better shot with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    If it's going to be on ABC, I wonder if they will try and combine characters from their different existing shows in addition to introducing new characters. This could be a good way to redeem Medusa and Crystal from the Inhumans and possibly reintroduce characters like Mockingbird from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    I'd love a redemption for Medusa and Crystal. Serinda Swan was actually very good portraying Medusa and the two scenes in which she gets to use her hair powers were awesome, but she was screwed over by a terrible script and haircut for the rest of the season... I'd give her a second chance. Crystal, though, I don't really care if she gets recast. That actress was boring AF in the role.

This would be the perfect place for Mockingbird to land on, honestly. I'd also like to see Sharon Carter, since she's so underused in the movies.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-20-2018 at 09:01 PM.

BANNED

Y'all are right, actual A-Force members:

That leaves She-Hulk & Singularity, which aren't all that possible either IMO, for various reasons.

So as many of you surmised, it would likely be A-Force in name only. Or at the very least, just conceptually, if anything. It was cited by most articles announcing the project though, as potentially being the inspiration for it, so that's why I decided to post the news here. Lots of fans have mentioned it too, which made it that much more relevant, I thought.

Halston Sage actually isn't a bad choice for Dazzler, although she would never have sprung to mind. I'd be excited to see Dazzler on screen but it seems a waste when the franchise is about to be rebooted. At least it seems to confirm her more traditional look over the previously speculated Ultimate Grunge Queen Dazzler. Halston is the stereotypical blonde bombshell.

we'll see what happens, if anything... based on the announcement coming now, when can a pilot be expected.. the spring? that's even if the pilot is green-lit..