Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Were you aware of that tweet by Bennett stating she's got 20 heroines of color in the first issue (or something like that...?). Just an FYI, I don't have the time to look it up right now. XD ...
    I was not, my apologies... I will do my best to try & oblige... and then some! As before, using this as a guide: Comic Vine: Marvel's Female Characters, Sorted by Number of Appearances

MIA Heroines
    (so far): Invisible Woman, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Psylocke, Mary Jane, Mystique, Polaris, Magik, Wolfsbane, Rachel Grey, Moonstar, Domino, Moira MacTaggert, Boom-Boom, Siryn, The Cuckoos, X-23, Husk, Karma, Magma, M, Armor, Valerie Cooper, Crystal, Sage, Surge, Dust, Betty Ross/Red She-Hulk, Mockingbird, Tigra, Maria Hill, Mercury, Black Cat, Valkyrie, Meggan, Sif, Marrow, Moonstone, Frenzy, Sharon Carter, Danger, Hepzibah, Lady Deathstrike, Enchantress, Dagger, Blink, Misty Knight, Spiral, Bling!, Cecilia Reyes, Skids, Destiny, Namorita, Jessica Jones/Jewel, Songbird, Stature, Clea, Sersi, Jane Foster, Gamora, Shanna, Jocasta, Kate Bishop, Colleen Wing, Hollow, Yukio, Mantis, Diamondback, Sabra, Silver Sable, Namora, Darkstar, Dorma, Agatha Harkness, Spitfire, Molly Hayes, Luna, Quake, Peggy Carter, Firebird, Venus, Hazmat, Shuri, Echo, Squirrel Girl, Angela, Threnody, Phyla-Vell, Jennifer Kale, White Tiger...
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-21-2015 at 12:04 PM.

As long as we're compiling a ridiculously long list of women we haven't seen yet: Finesse, Veil, America Chavez, Thundra, Silk, Alejandra the female Ghost Rider, Purple Girl (or Persuasion, as she went by), Radiance, Andromeda, Ren Kimura (Annabelle's girlfriend in Fearless Defenders . . . speaking of whom, Annabelle Riggs isn't shown yet), Elsa Bloodstone, Frankie Raye Nova, Lyra, Puck II, Nemesis.

BANNED

Those are great Tiamatty, consider them added! And OMG, can't believe I missed these two awesome newcomers:

Miss America Chavez:

... & Ms. Marvel:

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-21-2015 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

Just a reminder:

... from CBR's Axel-In-Charge: The End of The Bendis "X-Men" Era, The Arrival of "A-Force":
    Finally, today's announcement of "A-Force" certainly has a lot of people very excited. We've talked a lot in the past about increasing representation at Marvel of both female characters and creators -- how major of a step do you view "A-Force" in that larger movement? And just to clarify: Will this be "the" Avengers book during the course of "Secret Wars," and is this the G. Willow Wilson-developed project that was teased back in December with the news that she was now exclusive with Marvel?

Alonso: Yes, during the course of "Secret Wars" and beyond. And yes, "A-Force" is what we were alluding to back in December. This plan has been hatching for some time. We are… I am very excited.
    And remember, A-Force IS a Warzones title, where:

• The future begins... “If you want a glimpse of what the future holds, you’ll find it in the WARZONES titles,”... “Our creators let their imaginations run wild as they lay down the foundations for the future."...
    • Titles carrying the WARZONES! banner tell stories of the individual dominions of Battleworld. What happens within their borders? What heroes guard their skies? What villains conspire within?...
    • “To be clear, WARZONES! titles are not fill-ins. These are the event caliber books, magnified to the Nth degree,”... "These titles will lay the building blocks and groundwork for what’s next, if that gives any indication of how important they are!”...
    • While the Secret Wars rage on, the foundation of a new Marvel Universe take shape within the war-torn domains across Battleworld. The future of Marvel begins in the WARZONES!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-21-2015 at 03:04 PM.

You know who would be great in this?

Selah Burke aka Sun Girl
    Hummingbird
    and Water Snake.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

Selah Burke aka Sun Girl
    Hummingbird
    and Water Snake.
    Yes! The New Warriors girls should not be forgotten.

https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/st...12150061723648 <--- Looks like Kamala won't be in A-Force.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    I was not, my apologies... I will do my best to try & oblige... and then some! As before, using this as a guide: [B]Comic Vine: Marvel's Female Characters, Sorted by Number of Appearances
    Here's the tweet conversation where Bennett mentions women of color:
    https://twitter.com/HiBritneyMonae/s...66971716849664

She says "in the mini" but there's been no indication from Marvel that A-Force is a mini, so either:

A) A-Force used to be a mini, but the idea was met so warmly they decided to turn it into an ongoing

OR

B) Bennett is referring to the first story arc of A-Force as a mini, because that's the only one she's co-writing.

OR

C) It is a mini, but that information wasn't officially released in the May 2015 solits.

Personally, based on everything Hero Worship reposted about "Warzones!" titles, it sounds like it's an ongoing. But a lot of other "Warzones!" titles were revealed to be minis in the May 2015 solits, so... XD

Hollow's on the third page of that ComicVine list, pretty good, yay. ^.^

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/st...12150061723648 <--- Looks like Kamala won't be in A-Force.
    This actually works out pretty well for Ms. Marvel fans if:

Ms. Marvel is in Manhattan Earth-616 when the final incursion hits (and an interview has mentioned her going to Manhattan at that time). So assuming she stays in Manhattan when the eight-hour incursion timer winds down, fans will be able to enjoy Earth-616 (a.k.a. Original Flavor) Kamala Khan instead of some A-Force version.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

So is Singularity the return of Cloud? Seriously. An andromeda takes human form, sort of.. now a, well, black hole takes human form, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is Singularity the return of Cloud? Seriously. An andromeda takes human form, sort of.. now a, well, black hole takes human form, sort of.
    She's a pocket dimension crunched into one person.

Nebula though is a living cloud.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is Singularity the return of Cloud?
    She's a pocket dimension crunched into one person.
    Right. Think of Singularity as the Eternity of her pocket dimension.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    ... a breakdown of that awesome CBR Marguerite Bennett interview first, highlighting all of what I think are the most important & interesting new reveals.
    Quotes courtesy of CBR's Bennett Assembles Battleworld's Mightiest Heroes In A-Force:

• The response to the project has just been phenomenal and mind-boggling. I'm so grateful for this. It's been really overwhelming.
    • Willow entirely came up with the character of Singularity... the two of us together... we started to hatch out the details of the civilization that's going to be where the Marvel heroines live and collaborate on the "Secret Wars" Battleworld.
    • It's this world where the Marvel heroines are leaders in their own civilization. I really didn't want to have some kind of validating reason.
    • There are men -- there are heroes there. You'll see familiar faces and favorites, but the heroines are in charge, by majority. It's just this is how their world evolved. They were competent. They were clever and they were the ones in charge because of their skills and they were the best fit for these roles and demands of their world.
    • I've got like a whole map of districts, architecture and power sources. [Laughs] So it's been a ton of fun.
    • Yes. In the opening story we've actually got a much broader cast than what will become the core team -- we're just writing different eras, is all. So with this story, actually, we could not fit all of our cast members on that beautiful cover by Jim Cheung that serves as our promo piece.
    • ... Dazzler's optimism is my favorite of her traits. It's really hard to write a dark and dire book if you've got Dazzler there beside you.
    • Medusa is monarchy; She-Hulk is democracy. Medusa is the right of queens and She-Hulk is the rule of law. She-Hulk is much more balanced than Medusa.
    • Nico is sort of like the grounding human force and the anchor that begins to show Singularity the capacity of human beings, both for good and for evil, so Nico becomes even more invested when she starts to see her homeland through the eyes of this stranger.
    • Not just cultural customs, but the very nature of language. Not just human nature, but the nature of being -- needing to eat, needing to breathe, having emotions for the first time, so it's really interesting.
    • You can look over the cover! And if you don't see your favorite there, don't worry! I've got myself a list! As many characters as Marvel will let me appear in this book will appear. [Laughs] Might be no more than a panel, but they'll be there, I hope.
    • The story is about the scope of the team and everyone rising up to do their part to defend their entire culture and way of life. So it becomes less about the elite, less about champions, and more about the capacity that everyone has for heroism.
    • I could not be happier with the team we have.
    • After the first arc, this is Willow's book and Willow's baby, and it's an honor to get to roll out the red carpet for her. I am so grateful to be involved. This is an amazing time for comics so get excited! "A-Force" assemble!

Not much in the way of YouTube vid coverage yet, that I could find, but this was the best IMO:

Oh, and in the spirit of characters we'd like to see...

THIS:

... DONE RIGHT!!!

Selah Burke aka Sun Girl
    Hummingbird
    and Water Snake.
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Yes! You make me cry. :-)

Cool moments of each of them in that order:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I wonder if Singularity has anything to do with the Black Vortex.
    highly possible with that myserious figure in the last issue of the event, but I doubt it, BV is all about elevating kitty pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    Yes! You make me cry. :-)

Cool moments of each of them in that order:
    I thought Sun Girl was great in that series. I liked her so much that I even got a comission drawing of her!

Daaaaaaaaaaaang! Water Snake be cray!