Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I think Jorge Molina is going to do well for A-Force:

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'll probably give it a shot since Jen's in it and see who else they use that I like.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Arcadia: #35, an island Domain in the Southeastern corner section of the SW Battleworld map

Surrounded by:

In the West: #'s 25 - Valley of Flame, 26 - The Hydra Empire, & 28 - Hala Field
    To the North: #'s 27 - 2099 & 36 - Bar Sinister
    Off to the East: #'s 31 - The Wastelands & 37 - Limbo
    And down South: #'s 38 - The Deadlands & 40 - New Xandar

That's probably gonna be it for me tonight, fellow A~F fans, it's gettin' pretty late. Before I go tho, just wanna give a BIG thanks for all the support & outright enthusiasm being shown already, it's both encouraging & really inspiring, TBH w/ya. And I hope to get responding to each & every bit of it ASAP tomorrow sometime, maybe a lil' even in the a.m., if possible. 'Til then, take care & be well... and keep dreaming up ways to hype the hell out of this book & help ensure its success!!

Ultimate Member

So, random other ladies I wouldn't mind seeing;

Elsa Bloodstone, Valkyrie, Emma Frost, Rachel Summers, Songbird, Finesse, Molly Hayes, Crystal, Sersi, Thena, Surge, Dust, X-23, Finesse, Kamala / Ms. Marvel, Misty Knight, Phyla-Vell, Gamora, Ava/White Tiger, Daisy Johnson/Quake, Darkstar, Kitty Pryde, America Chavez, Kate Bishop/Hawkeye, Diamondback, Anya/Spider-Girl, Tigra, Polaris, Monet, Jocasta, Julia/Spider-Woman 2

(And I skipped a bunch I'm less interested in! Marvel's got a lot of great lady heroes!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-08-2015 at 03:33 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The way the thread started out is Really Amazing, I am Impressed by the Level of Detail and Info given by you about the Book already! You Love and Joy for this book really shows my friend. All the Major Articles, the facts to the Arcadia, Pan and Nymphs and all the News Like how book will go with Secret Wars, what the Author wants to get at with the story and the showing of the Book on ABC's The View! Talk about a Read Carpet both for the Intro of this Thread and for the Book in the General Public, Makes me Smile!
    I agree with CJStriker. You've done a great job on the introduction of the thread. I'm enjoying the links, especially.

However, perhaps you could find another image for Dazzler? I didn't recognize her, as that image just looks like a generic singer.

Here's a few I found.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I can't wait to read it. I hope there's a rotating cast so we can see white tiger and others interact with the others too

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Now this is how you create an appreciation thread! Well done Hero Worship! I am so happy that my favorite superheroine is a main character here. Some points:

Wilson said the five main women balance out each other. She-Hulk has the sheer strength, some leadership skills, and is a legal genius. Having once served in the Living Tribunal's Magistrati, she's dealt with cosmic beings before, so she might be the one who can be most at ease with Singularity, but we shall see. Dazzler transduces sound to light so we have our energy manipulator. If Wilson writes her with her original personality we're going to have moments of levity in between the heavy stuff; I think Alison and Jen can bring it on together. Medusa the queen, obvious leadership skills and a good melee fighter as well, we don't know how strongly she will pursue the Inhumans agenda in A-Force, but that may be for their own book. Nico Minoru is the resident spellcaster, but last I know she can cast a specific spell only once, unless that limitation has been overcome. She should be able to handle what science can't. Singularity is the real tabula rasa for me. She could be a scaled-down Eternity, but perhaps with a different mindset. How she'll interact with mortals is something we'll find out. It might be along the lines of the Cloud the living star in the Defenders.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    Arcadia:
    • A mountainous district in the Peloponnese of southern Greece. In poetic fantasy it represents a pastoral paradise, and in Greek mythology it is the home of Pan.
    • It takes its name from the mythological character Arcas. In Greek mythology, it was the home of the god Pan. In European Renaissance arts, Arcadia was celebrated as an unspoiled, harmonious wilderness.

Pan:
    • In Greek religion and mythology, Pan is the god of the wild, shepherds and flocks, nature of mountain wilds, hunting and rustic music, and companion of the nymphs.
    • He has the hindquarters, legs, and horns of a goat, in the same manner as a faun or satyr.
    • He is also recognized as the god of fields, groves, and wooded glens; because of this, Pan is connected to fertility and the season of spring.

Nymphs:
    • A nymph in Greek mythology and in Latin mythology is a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform.
    • Different from goddesses, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature, and are usually depicted as beautiful, young nubile maidens who love to dance and sing; their amorous freedom sets them apart from the restricted and chaste wives and daughters of the Greek polis.
    • Although they would never die of old age nor illness, and could give birth to fully immortal children if mated to a god, they themselves were not necessarily immortal, and could be beholden to death in various forms.

Questions & Theories:
    Coming soon.
    Some Theories that I may have to help you out Hero Worship.

By the info found in both Wiki and by other info is that Aradia is going to be a Utopian Paradise for Women!

In Greek Mythos is was a unspoiled civilization that lived in harmony with nature. Aradia is also defined as a Utopia, virtuous in its connection to nature and how well it is bonded to and respects nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_%28utopia%29

The Nymph all seem to also not just to be maiden of the lands of Aradia, they are also aspects of nature like the Trees, Woods, Water, Air and so on.

They might prove to the main connections that makes Aradia not only a Female Utopia, but worth saving. The other Battle-World Lands seem will all be in constant War with with each other or in their own lands with themselves. But Aradia might be the accept-tion to the rule and be one of the Few Places of Peace, making it worth saving in a world of WAR!

Last edited by CJStriker; 02-08-2015 at 07:16 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

I am indeed a Fan of the Main 5 Ladies of the team, but I hope the team indeed grows larger!

Some of the Main ladies I like to see not only guess star, but Join on a Permit Bases are:

* Scarlet Witch
    * Storm
    * Susan Richards-Storm
    * Rogue
    * Black Widow
    * Captain Marvel
    * Wasp
    * Spider-Woman
    * Amora the Enchantress
    * Female Thor
    * Angela

BANNED

I'm glad that Storm is on the cover!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Per appreciation thread guidelines, six posts discussing the announcement of A-Force on The View were moved to the Marvel Announces "A-Force" From Wilson, Bennett, Molina During "Secret Wars" thread where they are more appropriately discussed.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm excited for this book, especially since it hit a few notes that I am really happy with.

1) It's not another Carol Danvers or Black Widow hype machine. They could have easily slapped Captain Marvel in the front or Black Widow, but they didn't. Yes, they are in the book, but this team is She-Hulk's with Dazzler, Nico, etc. As somehow who has claimed that the Marvel U was constantly shrinking to only focus on the same characters over and over, seeing that they are using more C-Listers as the leads makes me very happy.

2) Nico is gonna be in a book that's getting A-List publicity. That's fantastic.

3) Karolina Dean and Pixie!

4) As much as I was a fan of Fearless Defenders, it's great that it's starting out with the team assembled, where FD ended with the team finally assembled. I hope it keeps this massive team momentum throughout the series.

5) The sense that "Anyone can show up" is a great hook. I've been dying for that hook again!

There is a lot I love about this premise and I really hope it delivers and sells well.

My wishlist though? Songbird, Diamondback, Hazmat, Sun Girl (Selah Burke), Anya Corazon, Hope Summers, Transonic, Julie Power, Crystal, Surge, Dust, Mercury and Cassie Lang

Also, I don't think Kamala will show up because they want to make her meeting Carol be a big issue in her own book. Having her meet Carol here would remove that special event.
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 02-08-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think Jorge Molina is going to do well for A-Force:

HOLY CRAP! I HAD NO IDEA HE DREW THIS ISSUE!!!

Now I'm extra excited!

Ultimate Member

Speaking of Diamondback, I hope that she pops up in here as well. We haven't really seen much of her since Brubaker's Cap run ended.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I can't wait to read it. I hope there's a rotating cast so we can see white tiger and others interact with the others too
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm excited for this book, especially since it hit a few notes that I am really happy with.

1) It's not another Carol Danvers or Black Widow hype machine. They could have easily slapped Captain Marvel in the front or Black Widow, but they didn't. Yes, they are in the book, but this team is She-Hulk's with Dazzler, Nico, etc. As somehow who has claimed that the Marvel U was constantly shrinking to only focus on the same characters over and over, seeing that they are using more C-Listers as the leads makes me very happy.

2) Nico is gonna be in a book that's getting A-List publicity. That's fantastic.

3) Karolina Dean and Pixie!

4) As much as I was a fan of Fearless Defenders, it's great that it's starting out with the team assembled, where FD ended with the team finally assembled. I hope it keeps this massive team momentum throughout the series.

5) The sense that "Anyone can show up" is a great hook. I've been dying for that hook again!

There is a lot I love about this premise and I really hope it delivers and sells well.

My wishlist though? Songbird, Diamondback, Hazmat, Sun Girl (Selah Burke), Anya Corazon, Hope Summers, Transonic, Julie Power, Crystal, Surge, Dust, Mercury and Cassie Lang

Also, I don't think Kamala will show up because they want to make her meeting Carol be a big issue in her own book. Having her meet Carol here would remove that special event.
    I agree and I add Rogue in her 90's outfit.