Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

So, what do you think post Secret Wars A-Force will be like? I hope the book stays its own dimension, but I have a sinking feeling it'll be "Wall breaks, zombies kill 90% of the population, merges onto 616"

I think everything will go back to normal but some characters may remember bits of what was going on with counterparts and She-Hulk or someone will be all, like, that A-Force team was cool, we should totally do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I think everything will go back to normal but some characters may remember bits of what was going on with counterparts and She-Hulk or someone will be all, like, that A-Force team was cool, we should totally do that.
    yeah, this is what I am thinking will happen too. We have seen characters on Battleworld begin to regain their true memories already, it stands to reason that what we see in A-force is likely just another fabrication. It could be that everyone on A-force actually is the 616 versions of the characters, they just don't realize it right now. I don't think we've seen any of these characters over in Manhattan in the Ultimate End story, have we?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    yeah, this is what I am thinking will happen too. We have seen characters on Battleworld begin to regain their true memories already, it stands to reason that what we see in A-force is likely just another fabrication. It could be that everyone on A-force actually is the 616 versions of the characters, they just don't realize it right now. I don't think we've seen any of these characters over in Manhattan in the Ultimate End story, have we?
    But then what about things like having more than one She-hulk in Battleworld or Captain Marvel?

I'd be disappointed if the dimension never existed...

Why would having more than one alt running around be a problem? it's not like 616 was the only universe destroyed, and obviously the residents of every domain have had their memories/stories messed with to one degree or another, since everyone thinks Doom is their god-king, and it appears they always have. So already NO domain in Battleworld is strictly an existing one. I'm just saying some domains, this one included, which is not based on any previous story at all, may have had their memories messed with more than others. We already have a number of domains that are not based on any existing alternate dimension, and in Spider-Verse it's pretty much confirmed already that this is exactly what's happening, except in their case it's a bunch of spider-people from various dimensions stuck together in one domain, and made to think it's always been that way.

But I am saying that they may be 616 characters, or at least what's left of them, because if the team is to continue after Secret Wars and remain in 616 instead of it's own dimension, then it stands to reason that the characters in A-force are the 616 versions, but altered. And considering they had America with them who is the only one in all the multiverse but has only really been a part of 616 after she left her pocket dimension, then she's technically 616, or at least it's more her home than any other dimension, so.... the others probably are too. The alternatives are having a bunch of duplicates of all the team members running around post-Secret Wars, or kill off the 616 versions. But even if they do give them their own dimension to play in, they still won't be the exact same characters as we see here, because, as mentioned before, their memories have been altered no matter what, there is no way around that point. Believing you are part of a world ruled by Doom is going to change a character.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-27-2015 at 06:41 PM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Very disappointed in the first issue: it felt VERY disjointed to me, characters sharing two or three panels pretty much to say, "oh by the way, I'm here, too", situations seemingly important but barely referenced, and the dialogue so stilted at times it really seemed like a poorly written "for little kids" issue. Very much love most of the characters, like the idea of a powerful women's team, hated the introductory first issue. hoping for a much better second issue, because if it aint, I'm down to two marvel comics: Captain Marvel (sadly, now very dependent on her getting out of the whole cross-over muddle) and Squirrel Girl. thank heaven for Squirrel Girl!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Hollow's appearance in Inferno #4 cover is just a cameo that's why we rejoiced already. When we tweeted the artist who confirmed that it was Hollow on the cover, he answered which tells us he wasn't certain if she'll show up again. But at least, she already showed up.
    probably.

Anyway I just realized that it's not 616 Storm so that means the A-Force membership is not going to be added for 616 Storm. It doesn't really matter now. What's important is this laternate version of Storm is a member of A-Force.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    What's important is this alternate version of Storm is a member of A-Force.
    It's going to be funny if Storm Goddess will be among the Thors who will go after She-Hulk and the others and meets A-Force Storm.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's going to be funny if Storm Goddess will be among the Thors who will go after She-Hulk and the others and meets A-Force Storm.
    I would no longer be surprised.

Ultimate End #2

Spectacular Member

Hmm...I'm waiting patiently now for the A-FORCE aftermath, after SECRET WARS is finito, I also hope that most of the characters like Dazzler, and a few others are upgraded (Costume-Wise) more relevant for these modern times, not the 1980s and 1990s, still I've been intrigued by just the 1st Issue of A-FORCE, hopefully it gets better, and The God Doom will be deposed by the series reboot after the summer run, what comes after is the question that I hope will be answered all by September.

Sad news, A-Force 2 ain't coming til July!

BANNED

So, I haven't read A-Force, but I heard that Namora is in it. Does she do anything badass? She's a golden age superhero with a lot of power. I've been reading Agents of Atlas, and the things she can do, she's no joke. I hope to see more of Namora in the future.

Last edited by Mike82; 06-08-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    So, I haven't read A-Force, but I heard that Namora is in it. Does she do anything badass? She's a golden age superhero with a lot of power. I've been reading Agents of Atlas, and the things she can do, she's no joke. I hope to see more of Namora in the future.

She, Namor and Namorita take a swim.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post

[IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    She, Namor and Namorita take a swim.
    Pretty much. Just to elaborate a little...

spoilers:
    Basically, the thing that gets the whole issue going is that peaceful Arcadia is attacked by what appears to be a megalodon (giant shark). Near the end of the issue, She-Hulk (the Baroness of Arcadia) summons Namor, Namora, and Namorita to investigate the origin of the megalodon. They swim off as if to begin their search.
    end of spoilers

It seems likely that she will be shown more following this same plotline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Pretty much. Just to elaborate a little...

spoilers:
    Basically, the thing that gets the whole issue going is that peaceful Arcadia is attacked by what appears to be a megalodon (giant shark). Near the end of the issue, She-Hulk (the Baroness of Arcadia) summons Namor, Namora, and Namorita to investigate the origin of the megalodon. They swim off as if to begin their search.
    end of spoilers

It seems likely that she will be shown more following this same plotline.
    Hopefully, she will have a more prominent role as the series progresses. A fully hydrated Namora is probably the most powerful member of the team and she's an awesome person unlike her cousin, who's a big jerk.