Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Let's be honest, nobody really cares about Medusa and Carol Danvers in this cast.
    I care, and I'm sure there are lots of other people care as well. What I don't like is how Marvel butchered Carol's hair.

LOL @ Storm, standing waaaaaaaaaay in back (in the Issue #2 preview pages) letting everyone get DRENCHED waiting for the Atlanteans to return.

Let's be honest, nobody really cares about Medusa and Carol Danvers in this cast.
    Which is exactly my point. People are buying this book for the possible cameos but fans wont be happy with those small and unimportant appearences and the book will then suffer.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I feel very strongly that Jorge Molina needs to continue penciling this book.

Add me to the list of people who do care! (Ok, not about Medusa, but... you know...)

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It does have the mandarin collar, but it's much looser fitting than your usual Chinese dress, which are normally fairly tight. I don't have a HUGE problem with her wearing a Chinese style dress, I own one and I am not Chinese. But... yeah, it is a little odd. Nico's normally got a perky goth look going on, which is one of the things I like about her. I like characters that aren't white bread average types of people, and while the goth look is a bit high maintenance (and expensive) for me to have ever really gotten into beyond wearing a l fair bit of black, I have always enjoyed the aesthetic (and music) so I like having a goth character kicking around.
    Aside from the fact that it's a Chinese look for a Japanese character... The actual tight dress would be ridiculous to fight crime in. You can't move around in it at all. You'd be one-shotted by a low-level supervillain in 30 seconds, heh.

That said, the loose version doesn't make much more sense... She'd hopefully be wearing clothes underneath it, considering A) all the flying Nico does and B) a particularly strong gust of wind would reveal everything.

In an age where female superheroes are continually getting costume redesigns that make MORE sense for fighting crime, this nightgown look makes even less sense.

Anyway, it's just a cover; what they end up wearing in the actual issue may be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Agreed. That and G. Willow Wilson are the best part of this news so far.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Everyone seems obsessed with who will cameo in the book. But remember they always had the main cast as the focus. So these cameo appearences will never satisfy everyone. Either get the series for the main cast or dont. No one should expect anything of value in the cameos. ...
    Please lighten up & relax, I mean, why does it ALWAYS have to be one or the other w/some people? For me, the expected guest appearances are just icing on the cake, if ya know what I mean. The CAKE (= overall concept + main cast) is already REALLY good, IMO. It's a solid foundation with rich, dense, hearty layers, and PLENTY full of wildly different - yet complimentary - flavors, all on its own. But the frosting matches that, AND... "BAM! Takes it up a notch," lol, making it a lil' more special in the process - for some of us tho, others not apparently. The core 6 will do their thing, should be predominantly featured & be the driving force propelling everything forward, hopefully getting some decent, progressive development as a result. The story relevant support spots here & there could be used for multiple reasons, in a variety of ways, with a wide array of possibilities - I don't see the problem, what's not to like? I myself, am keen on the idea of A-Force being a sort of testing ground, in that Marvel now has the perfect venue - FINALLY! - wherein they can see what female heroes their PTB can make resonate with fans & audiences the most.

Well, I think you're being honest, when talking about not caring about them... projecting is involved for anything beyond that though. Is this about all those future/alt.U characters you like so much? Does A-Force graduating to the Nu(616?)MU, post SW, dash your hopes & limit it in your eyes THAT MUCH... ALREADY?! I mean technically, we're only 1 issue deep into the intro series, and have just that 1 promo image to go by for the upcoming ongoing. Maybe you shouldn't be so hasty... is all I'm sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    I care, and I'm sure there are lots of other people care as well. What I don't like is how Marvel butchered Carol's hair.
    Count me in as one of the "other people". DAZZLER's the #1 DRAW for me, obviously, but the IDEA ALONE (of A-Force), the other main characters (She-Hulk vs. Medusa; Nico & Singularity discovering/exploring life together; Cap'n M comin' in, to maybe upset the apple cart), and mostly everything else (of the important stuff) have been largely encouraging - this book SHOULD've happened a LONG time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Which is exactly my point. People are buying this book for the possible cameos but fans wont be happy with those small and unimportant appearences and the book will then suffer.
    You assume they'll be small & unimportant cameos, but none of us know yet for sure... and I think the book's gonna do just fine, unless it outright sucks in both the writing & art departments.

I'd say, so far, that's not likely and... we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Add me to the list of people who do care! (Ok, not about Medusa, but... you know...)
    Carol, that'll be enough of that... geesh, tryin' to start trouble already.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 06-29-2015 at 03:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    ... Agreed. ...
    I also agree... "very strongly".

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    ... Anyway, it's just a cover; what they end up wearing in the actual issue may be very different. ...
    I was hoping somebody would mention this, way to go SLG! We need to demand all-new, all-different A-Force outfits for our main gals... STAT! Nico's & Dazz's are fugly 4SHO & they're definitely in the most desperate need, but She-Hulk & Medusa aren't exactly hittin' any home runs either, and could use an eye-catching update themselves. Go for cool, sleek, modern, & practical, but keep it simple, yet vividly memorable at the same time. A loose running theme is OK, I guess, but maintaining individual looks is of utmost importance & should be the ultimate goal. If any of them were to move away from the team, for whatever reason, their new (established) uniforms should be able to go with them... for marketing purposes & all that, ya know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    A-Force #1 is the 6th best-selling comic for May 2015! Hooray! http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...en-sales-chart

That's definitely selling more than 100,000 copies.

Congratz Ms G. W. Wilson!
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I remember my post before that i wanted the aforce first issue to sell more than 100k copies. And it did.
    Hooray & congratz INDEED, RLAAMJR.! An estimated 114,528 copies, to be exact, according to Comichron.com's Monthly Comics Sales: May, 2015. That's pretty impressive & absolutely GREAT news - THANX!

BANNED

Couple of questions:

• How soon do tomorrow's new comics become available digitally? ('Cause I need to read the second ish of A-Force ASAP - it's been like 6 weeks!)
    • Did #3 get pushed back also, as a result of #2's delayed release? ('Cause if not, that'd be AWESOME!)

Also, and this is for you in particular S/D, 'cause of this:

I'm still gonna get A-Force, but... I wished it stayed in its own dimension where it could be a guest spot for all female heroes. ...
    What If?... This:

From ComicBookResources' AXEL-IN-CHARGE: Inside "All-New, All-Different Marvel," From "Spider-Man" to "A-Force"...

... ... Alonso:... In fact, that was the question: Do we wait until after "Secret Wars" to launch, or use the event as a platform to introduce the team and concept to fans? We opted for the latter because we had a story. This "A-Force" "Secret Wars" story sets up the team and its mission statement moving forward. It's both a self-contained and an essential prelude to the ongoing series. ...
    ... Has something DIRECTLY to do with THIS:

THE

I don't know about your market, but my digital comics are typically available between 8:00-8:30 AM CST.

BANNED

Much thanks, Tsaimelemoni, should be about my time right... NOW, lol, here's hopin'... I'm READY!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Before I Forget I will be putting my Full Reviews of both Issue #1 and the NEW one #2 here on the Appreciation Thread as soon as I can. I got behind on giving my review of Issue #1, sorry about that A-Force Faithful and Hero Worship.

But indeed will be getting A-Force #2 today and giving my review of it 1st as soon as I read it and can write my review Up!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

No worries CJ, it's all good, happens to everybody (me too, recently)... BUT... HURRY UP & READ #2 - PLEASE! Same goes for the rest of the A-Force "Faithful' - love that, BTW, we should make it official - 'cause I just did, AND... well, let's just say...

... 'cause I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it! Found it more engaging and... intimate perhaps, compared to the first, as it focused on the main cast with some better success. Thought the art was SUPER tight & maybe even improved as well, and in general, found LOTS more too like & WAY more to be excited about! So yeah, #2 DEFINITELY brought it closer to expectations for me, and as a result... I'm MUCH more eager about the future of A-Force now, than I was before, so I feel...

#2 was ALL ABOUT:

... ing... THE HYPE!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-01-2015 at 09:32 AM.

BANNED

Any new female characters showing up on the second issue?