Page 56 of 113 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

How great is the art on this book? Really hoping Molina is staying on the book, even if means rotating artists.

BANNED

Molina's pencils are indeed superb, Tsai, and I'm like... ECSTATIC... to report, that according to CBR's Official: Marvel Releases "All-New, All-Different" Artwork, Creative Teams, the hopes of the A-Force Faithful have COME TRUE!

... Series with added creators compared to what leaked yesterday have been placed first with the addition in bold. ...

A-Force #1
    W: G. Willow Wilson A: Jorge Molina CA: Victor Ibanez
    “A-Force to be reckoned with…” ...
    I am SO HAPPY that the exquisite look & feel his refined talents have provided us since the very beginning, will now basically become A-Force's signature visual style - which just could NOT BE more appropriate, IMHO. SERIOUSLY, we A~F fans are SO lucky, 'cause I couldn't stop staring at that page towards the end of yesterday's #2 where...

spoilers:
    ... Singularity ties the bow on She-Hulk's wrist, then releases her, and Jen ascends into the portal - LOVED that scene!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Any new female characters showing up on the second issue?
    Not that I recall really... but I was so focused on the main 6/7 & caught up in what was going on with them, that I might've not taken notice & missed something/someone. But THAT, was TOTALLY due to my fixation on the engrossing events that transpired, which is a REALLY good thing!

And what's up with no #2 discussion thread w/spoilers, I wonder why anybody hasn't started one yet? Hmmm... maybe... I should, but IDK... I'm reluctant, as I think my objectivity would be in doubt. ... ... ... What's the Faithful think?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-02-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Is there a discussion thread somewherez for the latest issue, or are we just using this thread for any and all A-Force talky talk?

Well.... the 2nd issue: There were a few "Eh?" moments for me that just didn't jive. Was this the case for anyone else?
    I mean, Nico finds this mysterious, mute, embodiment of space-girl that fell from the sky -- a concept that is apparently foreign to everyone (the sky) -- and sneaks her back to her house like she's a puppy she found. I mean..... Huh?
    Is that not weird?
    Is Nico's emotional trauma from losing America reducing her intelligence to that of a 6 year old? Who does that? Who just brings a bizarre life form that fell from the sky home and opts to brush it's hair rather than actually tell someone about her. Even if she was worried about what would happen to this..."girl".... she doesn't even know her. She could very well be responsible for the giant shark and therefor responsible for America getting involved and sent to the SHIELD.

Doesn't jive.

Also... what happened at the end? I mean, Jennifer joins hands with Carol and Ali as if they're preparing to ascend up into that vortex together, then Mystery Girl gives her the bow from her hair and all of a sudden Jen is like "Awwww tanks Gurl! Baaaaiiiiii!" and goes it solo? I just feel like there are some disconnects going on. Additionally there are a few moments throughout the battle with the invading Sentinel that don't really make sense to me. There are some dialogue quips that feel detached as if they were pulled out of a hat of zingers at random. Like Carol's line as she blasts Dazzler free from the Sentinel's grip. What was that? I feel like there should have been something said before that -- possibly from the Sentinel, other than "Target Apprehended", because Carol's line doesn't make sense to me. Its like she's responding to something, but.... nobody said anything that would make her response appropriate.

I'm NOT hating. I'm the furthest thing from a hater. I'm truly madly deeply for this book, especially the cast and the art, but this issue just felt odd.

Am I alone?

BANNED

Default What a RELIEF!

Likely seeking validation for my revived verve, I thankfully came across:

8.4 Graphic Policy - Edward Wendt Jul 1, 2015

The idea of an all-female superhero team, essentially a female Avengers, is one which appealing to many, enough to make this series one which will be revamped beyond the end of the crossover. In the meantime this second issue salvages and reuses what seemed a bit stunted in the first issue and gives it a new direction. It is maybe not as imaginative as the creative team could have gotten with these characters, but this is still a necessary series for the wider story arc, one which explains the inner workings of the system which will presumably be quickly torn down. ... Graphic Policy: A-Force #2 Review
    8.0 Nerds Unchained - Jeremy Radick Jul 2, 2015

Other than the awkward fit of the style of the series and its aim of introducing a new ongoing within the framework of a tie-in, A-Force continues to be a fun, exciting and action-packed story with an intriguing central mystery to explore. It's more than good enough to shut up any detractors that an all female team wouldn't work. Here's hoping A-Force is here to stay. ... Nerds Unchained: A-Force #2 Review

... I feel better now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is there a discussion thread somewherez for the latest issue...
    Not that I'm aware of... not yet, anyway.

... or are we just using this thread for any and all A-Force talky talk?...
    We can... I guess, BUT... IDK, I'm not sure.

... a bizarre life form... brush it's hair... She could very well be responsible for the giant shark and therefor responsible for America getting involved and sent to the SHIELD. ...
    You sound like:

... Am I alone?
    IDK... you make some valid points more or less, BUT... they just didn't seem to bother me as much, I guess.

BANNED

Any Storm appearances aside from the one I saw on the preview on the second issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    You sound like:

Medusa just wants to usurp Jennifer's throne! She's seeking a pretext to depose her!

Is there a discussion thread somewherez for the latest issue, or are we just using this thread for any and all A-Force talky talk?

Well.... the 2nd issue: There were a few "Eh?" moments for me that just didn't jive. Was this the case for anyone else?
    I mean, Nico finds this mysterious, mute, embodiment of space-girl that fell from the sky -- a concept that is apparently foreign to everyone (the sky) -- and sneaks her back to her house like she's a puppy she found. I mean..... Huh?
    Is that not weird?
    Is Nico's emotional trauma from losing America reducing her intelligence to that of a 6 year old? Who does that? Who just brings a bizarre life form that fell from the sky home and opts to brush it's hair rather than actually tell someone about her. Even if she was worried about what would happen to this..."girl".... she doesn't even know her. She could very well be responsible for the giant shark and therefor responsible for America getting involved and sent to the SHIELD.

Doesn't jive.

Also... what happened at the end? I mean, Jennifer joins hands with Carol and Ali as if they're preparing to ascend up into that vortex together, then Mystery Girl gives her the bow from her hair and all of a sudden Jen is like "Awwww tanks Gurl! Baaaaiiiiii!" and goes it solo? I just feel like there are some disconnects going on. Additionally there are a few moments throughout the battle with the invading Sentinel that don't really make sense to me. There are some dialogue quips that feel detached as if they were pulled out of a hat of zingers at random. Like Carol's line as she blasts Dazzler free from the Sentinel's grip. What was that? I feel like there should have been something said before that -- possibly from the Sentinel, other than "Target Apprehended", because Carol's line doesn't make sense to me. Its like she's responding to something, but.... nobody said anything that would make her response appropriate.

I'm NOT hating. I'm the furthest thing from a hater. I'm truly madly deeply for this book, especially the cast and the art, but this issue just felt odd.

Am I alone?
    I did have the same 'wut?' reaction to bringing an unknown life form back to your room to brush its hair, but I do think America being sent away is stunting her common sense.

Didn't have the same issue w/dialogue during the battle; I took it as Carol implying the sentinel should have been paying attention to more powerful targets (her) without knowing the purpose of the sentinel. I will admit it came off just a tad clunky, though.

As for the portal stuff, I do think Dazzler and Carol were going to fly Jen up, but the dimension girl did it instead. I expect the others to join her, but Jen and the all new dystopic background made for a very dramatic image, imo.

I just want to say that Singularity is adorable and I already love her. The preview art all made her look cool, with the star skin and glowing white eyes. But then Molina keeps giving her these big, happy, cute expressions, which are only enhanced by the stars and glowing eyes, and she's just so damn adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I just want to say that Singularity is adorable and I already love her. The preview art all made her look cool, with the star skin and glowing white eyes. But then Molina keeps giving her these big, happy, cute expressions, which are only enhanced by the stars and glowing eyes, and she's just so damn adorable.
    Agreed! She is adorable .

Loved seeing Gert in one of Nico's old photos. I miss her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Any Storm appearances aside from the one I saw on the preview on the second issue?
    Unfortunately, no RLAAMJR., I believe that was the only time we saw Ororo. I think the preview pages are only time ANYbody other than the main cast is shown, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Medusa just wants to usurp Jennifer's throne! She's seeking a pretext to depose her!
    ... I just LOVE what Marvel has done with MEDUSA! Their push got me to take notice - which was no easy feat, mind you, as I wasn't exactly a fan beforehand - and as far as I'm concerned, given rise to the Queen of the Inhumans MOST effectively. That regal, entitled attitude of hers - not to mention the MASSIVE chip on her shoulder - stemming from the royal background she likes to constantly remind everybody about, just brings SO much potential for conflict & drama, that for me... she's now a BOON to any book she's in!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Agreed! She is adorable .
    THIS! - One of my greatest takeaways & favorite things about ish #2 was Singularity!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Loved seeing Gert in one of Nico's old photos. I miss her.
    I REALLY got into analyzing those photos too, lol, and just LOVE nice, little touches of nuanced detail like that. Happy to see all the B&W's of her & Dazzler, thought it gave a lil' subtle character shading to each quite nicely. Had difficulty w/the dining table pic & identifying everybody tho, and still have no idea who they all were.

The She-hulk vs Medusa are in it's early stages. I can see a build up where it splits A-Force. Some backing She-Hulk up while others feel Medusa is better for the job. Female Battle Royal you know writers can't resist.

PS I love Singularity's look and personality. It fits her.

Oh my bad ignore me just realized this is an appreciation thread
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 07-03-2015 at 10:06 AM.

BANNED

Not sure if this has already been shown or not, but believe it's maybe a con exclusive:

Also, some new fan art:

And a commission, I think: