Page 59 of 113 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default In the meantime...

... came across this & thought it seemed kinda A-Forcey:

... PLUS, it just happened to feature almost ALL of my MAJOR favorites: Lorna! Jean! Wanda! Jan! Sue! Monica! They're just about all there... how fortunate! Only Crys & Dazz are missing really (and maybe a few others not readily coming to mind right now; it's early, and I'm a lil' hungover, lol), and it would've been perfect... almost like someone created it just for me personally!

Like I said, it was a totally serendipitous discovery. So much so in fact, it inspired me to create THIS:

... which stemmed from & spun out of earlier attempts at creating a new avatar featuring Crystal & Polaris, using just their respective pics. I call it:

"My A-Force Guest-Star Hopefuls"

Polaris, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Crystal, Wasp, Invisible Woman, Storm, & Spider-Woman...
    will HOPEFULLY join She-Hulk & her main A-Force team for some adventures in the All-New, All-Different Marvel Comics Universe.

Still incomplete though, as there's no Monica Rambeau/Spectrum. I couldn't find any Adam Hughes work(s) of her sadly, or Dazzler for that matter. I put in Jen for 2 reasons, one, I more or less consider her the "face" of A-Force now... their "frontwoman", for lack of a better term. Two, because I'm starting to REALLY warm up to her, and am genuinely becoming more fond of her character due to this series. Now, I've always liked her mind you (more than her cousin even), but A-Force is making me like her more... I guess, is what I'm tryin' to say. But more on that later, when I get deep into discussing ish #2.

Lastly, just for the hell of it... my first avatar, from when I initially rejoined last year, that I created especially for... IMO... a new & improved - and MUCH more representative - pseudonym:

Have a great day everybody!
    Especially the A-Force "Faithful"!

Kevin Wada variant for A-Force #3

Anime variant for #4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Kevin Wada variant for A-Force #3

Beautifully done. But Storm eyes should be blue. I still love the cover though.

But... I believe it's not just me . Storm fans really care about Storm's eye color. if it isn't blue, we would feel like it isn't Storm.

BANNED

To ComicFan298, from one Marvel "Lady in Green" enthusiast to the next:

Jen & Lorna... back in the day, lol.

Wada's is certaibly very stylish & unique, lil' tho, that he used 'Ro & BW in place of Cap'n M & Dazz.

And how long before we see something like this going down in the pages of A~F:

... (also courtesy of Wada, I believe)... Question is...
    ... will it be before, during the SW intro series...
    ... or after, in the NuANADMU ongoing...
    ... or will it be, lol...

... BOTH?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post

Wada's is certaibly very stylish & unique, lil' tho, that he used 'Ro & BW in place of Cap'n M & Dazz.

... BOTH?!
    Well, i think that this is during SW, unless the terrigen mist is also affecting her Post-SW.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Beautifully done. But Storm eyes should be blue. I still love the cover though.

But... I believe it's not just me . Storm fans really care about Storm's eye color. if it isn't blue, we would feel like it isn't Storm.
    Hopefully its corrected before it goes to print.

Love that he made Jen's dress resemble her battleworld attire.

... BOTH?!
    That's Titania it the cover to She-Hulk #11 which they fought (though A-Force could take on the Illuminati at some point). But as for Jen and Medusa it seems to be building in Secret Wars but its not the first time they haven't seen eye to eye while being the same team.

BANNED

SHOOT!... ... My bad, would've sworn that was Medusa. Knew it was SH#11, but didn't check/verify the identity of Jen's adversary to be sure, just assumed... and that's what I get, lol. In my defense:

LOL! - seriously tho...

... they don't EXACTLY look all that dissimilar, but still... a snafu on my part, nonetheless. And I even did take pause - for a moment - wonderin' why Medusa would even want to tangle with expert brawler She-Hulk so physically up close & personal like that, it kinda seemed like a poor strategy on her part. But then I quickly rationalized that perhaps in her gusto - and often overconfident state of being, lol - she felt her Inhumans' superior strength, reaction time, stamina, resistance to injury, and speed, would be enough to give her a fighting chance.

BANNED

... as for Jen and Medusa it seems to be building in Secret Wars but its not the first time they haven't seen eye to eye while being the same team.
    Would've this been the other?:

And good to know there's still precedent, despite not being maybe as... legendary - YET! - as I might've originally presumed, in haste. 'Cause I definitely think there's potential to the seemingly natural rivalry that exists between them, for a history-making Wolvie/Cyke or even Cap/IM level of notoriety.

SHOOT!... My bad, would've sworn that was Medusa. Knew it was SH#11, but didn't check/verify the identity of Jen's adversary to be sure, just assumed... and that's what I get, lol. In my defense:

Their costumes are pretty similar and same hair colour and the image doesn't have Titania's trade mark spikes so easy enough mistake.

LOL! seriously tho... they don't EXACTLY look all that dissimilar, but still... a snafu on my part, nonetheless. And I even did take pause - for a moment - wonderin' why Medusa would even want to tangle with expert brawler She-Hulk so physically up close & personal like that, it kinda seemed like a poor strategy on her part. But then I quickly rationalized that perhaps in her gusto - and often overconfident state of being, lol - she felt her Inhumans' superior strength, reaction time, stamina, resistance to injury, and speed, would be enough to give her a fighting chance.
    They did fight briefly in FF and Medusa can hold her own, that hair of hers is pretty powerful.

Would've this been the other?:

And good to know there's still precedent, despite not being maybe as... legendary - YET! - as I might've originally presumed, in haste. 'Cause I definitely think there's potential to the seemingly natural rivalry that exists between them, for a history-making Wolvie/Cyke or even Cap/IM level of notoriety.
    Yes, FF is fun read

BANNED

Their costumes are pretty similar and same hair colour and the image doesn't have Titania's trade mark spikes so easy enough mistake. ...
    You are too kind.

... They did fight briefly in FF and Medusa can hold her own, that hair of hers is pretty powerful. ...
    Wow, I guess so, it would have to be for her to go toe-to-toe with someone as physically powerful as Jen - pretty impressive!

... Yes, FF is fun read
    Thanks to A-Force, I almost wanna check it out JUST for the She-Hulk & Medusa interaction alone.

I'm liking the preview for #3, looks like it's going to hit the ground runnin'! Question though, does this mean there are no Arcadian versions of Valkyrie, Sif, & Gamora, or is it inconclusive? I know Storm has both, but this seems, IDK... different.

Also, sales stats for #2 are in:

Ranked 24th, with 60,330 copies ordered, for a -54,198 or -47.32% from #1's 114,528 6th place finish back in May.

Now, before anybody starts lamenting those numbers, let's compare to some other high profile releases:

8. Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2, w/93,981, -109,584/-53.83% from 1's 203,565
    16. Justice League of America #2, w/70,979, -79,866/-52.95% from 1's 150,845
    26. Thors #2, w/59,286, -55,568/-48.38% from 1's 114,854
    29. X-Men 92 #2, w/51,042, -53,901/-51.36% from 1's 104,943

So in context, it faired about the same as everything else, suffering a first to second issue drop that's common within the industry.

And FINALLY, last but never least, another tribute image to my favorite Marvel heroines. This time inspired by the recently announced A-Force Dazzler Minimate, coming via a Secret Wars assortment this Fall:

Ultimate Member

With the hair and headdress, that Polaris mini is awesome!

You are too kind.

Wow, I guess so, it would have to be for her to go toe-to-toe with someone as physically powerful as Jen - pretty impressive!

Thanks to A-Force, I almost wanna check it out JUST for the She-Hulk & Medusa interaction alone.
    You should, it's good.

I'm liking the preview for #3, looks like it's going to hit the ground runnin'! Question though, does this mean there are no Arcadian versions of Valkyrie, Sif, & Gamora, or is it inconclusive? I know Storm has both, but this seems, IDK... different.
    Possibly or they are the Thors that patrol Arcadia with Sam Wilson. I know Storm Thor patrols another part of Battleworld just like She-Hulk Thor partols Yinsen.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Towards the 1st Page and Jennifer's Internal Monologue about what has gone down the 1st 2 Issues............YEA.........ALL of that Happen in the 1st 2 ISSUES!!!

THAT is Why this Book is Awesome!

As for the Rest of the Preview, it Indeed Greatly leaves you with wanting MUCH MORE when the Preview Ends, that is how you draw in Readers, Even loyal Ones!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Jennifer's internal monologue recapping the last 24 hours is tremendous.
    THAT is some tremendous character VOICE.