Page 60 of 113 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just read #3, there are cameos galore in it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Okay FINE, I'll ask the question that everyone CLEARLY has on their mind: Is Finesse in #3?

I-I just. I just don't understand what creative team in their right mind would refuse to include a cameo from the first female Avenger ever.

Just an effin panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Just read #3, there are cameos galore in it.
    Do you have any names or panels of who showed up?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Do you have any names or panels of who showed up?
    There's:
    spoilers:
    Black Bolt, Kamala Khan, Black Panther (not sure if T'Challa or Shuri), Squirrel Girl and her squirrels, Colossus Thor, Nightcrawler Thor, Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch (together with Black Bolt), and Kate Bishop Hawkeye & Anya Corazon & Spider-Gwen.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I-I just. I just don't understand what creative team in their right mind would refuse to include a cameo from the first female Avenger ever.

Just an effin panel.
    Mayhaps it has something to do with her 616 kidnapping/disappearance/lack of reemerging ?

<shrug>

For some reason, I'm enjoying this female titles, especially A-Force. Singularity is so cute, you must be dead inside if you do not like her.

There's:
    spoilers:
    Black Bolt, Kamala Khan, Black Panther (not sure if T'Challa or Shuri), Squirrel Girl and her squirrels, Colossus Thor, Nightcrawler Thor, Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch (together with Black Bolt), and Kate Bishop Hawkeye & Anya Corazon & Spider-Gwen.
    end of spoilers
    Awesome! What costume did Emma wear? Also has Rogue appeared in full yet? You would think she would play a role in this book with all the covers she's been on.

Have they also found out who, if any, of the 616 characters is Singularity? I found it strange they just gave Kitty Pryde these cosmic powers and she looked uncannily like Singularity, just to throw it out for a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Mayhaps it has something to do with her 616 kidnapping/disappearance/lack of reemerging ?

<shrug>
    Huh?

She was in like 2 books last week. I just want a cameo in A-Force, too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Saga View Post
    For some reason, I'm enjoying this female titles, especially A-Force. Singularity is so cute, you must be dead inside if you do not like her.
    I am dead inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Huh?

She was in like 2 books last week. I just want a cameo in A-Force, too much to ask?
    2 books last week?
    Greedy, greedy.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

There's:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

You don't see any clearly defined gender in that panel, but I'm thinkin' T'Challa. Unless Storm married Shuri in this timeline. I'd be totally down for that. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    Have they also found out who, if any, of the 616 characters is Singularity? I found it strange they just gave Kitty Pryde these cosmic powers and she looked uncannily like Singularity, just to throw it out for a new character.
    I'm thinking it's a new character, just like they've said she is many different times, namely a pocket universe given consciousness who actually has no real gender, but chooses to be female.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Fun fact, in the JLA/Avengers crossover where they showed Eternity (representing Marvel)...embracing...whatever cosmic universal entity represented DC, well she looked a lot like how Singularity looks. Granted, not much deviation from 'star field in feminine shape' you can go with, but the Godiva hair is also spot-on. I thought it curious how similar they looked...

But just finished reading the latest issue and...spoilers:
    the traitor's Loki isn't it? I mean, she's not in the pile on the last page, it looks like her silhouette on the throne; but I'm willing to bet it's a 'not all it seems' moment and her motives aren't clear-cut. Pretty mundane actually, Medusa going into the power struggle feels like a much more interesting development, I was disappoint that was a bait-and-switch
    end of spoilers

I gotta say, the new issue had a really bad beginning. It was pointless, and wasted space to do something that really could've been done more quickly.

There were two reasons for She-Hulk being sent through the portal. First, it got the Thors involved. Second, it let her figure out the portal had Arcadian magic.

The thing is, neither of those required her to go through the portal. The Thors already had an excuse to get involved, just with the portal even being there. So they could've shown up, demanding She-Hulk hand over Singularity. She-Hulk asks what makes them so sure Singularity is responsible for the portals, and they say that the magic within the portal comes from Arcadia. And that neatly eliminates the second reason for She-Hulk going through it. And then She-Hulk refuses to hand over Singularity, leading to a fight against the Thors and the rest of the issue unfolds as normal.

As it is, that whole beginning makes little sense. Why was she going through the portal in the first place (and why alone)? And how could she tell that the magic was Arcadian? Does this version of She-Hulk have a background in magic? If so, that seems like the kind of thing that should be mentioned. But it's not explained how she could tell anything about it.

Once the issue gets back to Arcadia, it's great. Great work. Very tense, very emotional. And Molina's art is great throughout the issue. But that beginning, in the other realm, was a mistake.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I get a feeling that since Stephen Strange had some doing with stuff going down in the main book for SW, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave some magic knowledge inheritely to various, or maybe all, Barons so that they could identify where their border ended and another began. That would explain her knowing the portal is arcadian. As for why send her there to get the Thor's involved, well one thing is that it could be a way for Thor (Jane) to get to know about a safe location for her in a way.

As for a certain spoiler, I hope this is not the case, as there's already questions about that person maybe having some changes done to them by another writer after SW concludes and most of that character's fans would hate to see said character go back down a path that they've finally gotten away from. It would be nice to have said character actually show the growth that, said character, had in their own book and expand on how they may behave here in regard to that.

By the way the Black Panther is T'challa. There's a few tell tale signs. Firstly the brow, Shuri's is smaller in shape and not as batman esque. Secondly the hand and glove, it's similar to T'challa's from his suit, I think Shuri does silver on her claws and T'challa does gold, or the other way around. Third and final, there's a narrow sharp collar on the costume. This is part of T'challa's look, Shuri has fur and a rounded collar or no collar at all on her suit. So we're probably looking at T'challa.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 08-13-2015 at 01:57 AM.