Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1692
    Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Hey All

Fun interview with lots of cool stuff about A-Force including pencils and inks from A-Force #7!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-civil-war...n-a-1781903305

"Yeah, if A-Force was a family, Jen and Carol would be the moms, Medusa would be the sulky teenager, Nico and Dazzler would be the troublesome pre-teens twins, and Singularity the adorable baby that everyone loves and rallies around."
    That's super cute. I love that. I need that to be an actual AU.

And I actually think both Monica and MAC should make a guest-appearance! They're Carol teammates on Ultimates(omg that sounds like a pun), and it would be cool to see Carol like... introducing A-Force to them. And Dazzler looks SUPER GOOD on that panel she's taking her glasses off.

It was a nice interview and the art of Ben was amazing. I hope to see him return to the book after the Civil War II tie-in.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It was a nice interview and the art of Ben was amazing. I hope to see him return to the book after the Civil War II tie-in.
    squad_goals.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ben c View Post
    squad_goals.jpg

Ahhhh!!!! So freaking cute!!!!! Hope this means that it's a yes!!!

Also, got a small question for Kelly. If Marvel gave you the chance, would you write in A-force a mini reunion of the Runaways? I'm sure that a meeting between Molly Hayes and Singularity would be one of the most adorable things of all the times

Question: A-Force = "Avengers-Force" or "Arcadia-Force"?

Love the concept but I struggle with the clunkiness of the team name except for the "A-Force to be reckoned with..." thing.
    I guess simply "Arcadia" is too Lilith Fair.

When's the brawl with Superia and her Femizons coming? Would be a great Annual matchup.

Sad Caldwell is leaving. I don't like that they hired an artist known for cheesecake as the new artist for the all-female book Makes me consider dropping the book if Marvel is this tone deaf.
    I also agree "A-force" is not the best name. I was hoping they'd use something like "The Fearless", "Liberators" or even "Fearless Force" lol.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Travel Foreman would be such a sweet fit for this book... I wish Babs Tarr wasn't a DC exclusive or she would be fun to see on art duty for this book as well.

And can we get some Tigra appreciation?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Hey All

Fun interview with lots of cool stuff about A-Force including pencils and inks from A-Force #7!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-civil-war...n-a-1781903305
    To me this is a fascinating read as A-Force up-until now seems almost like an alternate universe to Civil War II, which is a shame because they are one of the ONLY series still working with the fallout of Secret Wars (Dazzler-Thor, Singularity being "aware" of the reset of the universe, etc.).

But She-Hulk is supposedly on life support yet in A-Force she's a mind controlled rage machine ... The two events don't line up _at_all_ right now. Color me intrigued when it comes to seeing how they are going to pull this one off, especially with people on clear opposite sides of the issue on one team.

Oh and Dazzler Thor can be a regular member. I'm OK with that:

Last edited by GrandEleven; 06-14-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    But She-Hulk is supposedly on life support yet in A-Force she's a mind controlled rage machine ... The two events don't line up _at_all_ right now. Color me intrigued when it comes to seeing how they are going to pull this one off, especially with people on clear opposite sides of the issue on one team.
    The current arc of A-Force clearly takes place before CWII. Just because two comics are released at the same time doesn't mean they occur simultaneously in-universe. It's why characters can appear in multiple series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The current arc of A-Force clearly takes place before CWII. Just because two comics are released at the same time doesn't mean they occur simultaneously in-universe. It's why characters can appear in multiple series.
    While true, right now it makes it now feel like they have to rush-conclude this arc, because they certainly don't want to start CWII _after_ the main story finishes. I rather like the way the story is progressing right now, and always grimace a bit when it's clearly rushed to conclusion to make way for a cross over. Again: I like that we are still seeing Secret Wars fallout a good year later. Makes the whole story flow better, you know?

As for th earresting before the crime has been committed ... I'm going with either Singularity or Dazzler-Thor. Both have believable arcs to them (one is an innocent cosmic force of known power, the other is probably still convinced emperor god doom wants her to enforce the laws of the land), both powerful enough to make the event happen on a scale that would make Ulysses say something.

While true, right now it makes it now feel like they have to rush-conclude this arc, because they certainly don't want to start CWII _after_ the main story finishes. I rather like the way the story is progressing right now, and always grimace a bit when it's clearly rushed to conclusion to make way for a cross over. Again: I like that we are still seeing Secret Wars fallout a good year later. Makes the whole story flow better, you know?

As for th earresting before the crime has been committed ... I'm going with either Singularity or Dazzler-Thor. Both have believable arcs to them (one is an innocent cosmic force of known power, the other is probably still convinced emperor god doom wants her to enforce the laws of the land), both powerful enough to make the event happen on a scale that would make Ulysses say something.
    They're not rushing to finish the arc. It was already going to finish next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    They're not rushing to finish the arc. It was already going to finish next issue.
    There's a big difference between "taking 4 issues to tell a story" and "being told you have 4 issues to tell a story". Only time will tell if the story "feels" rushed or like a natural transition.

There's a big difference between "taking 4 issues to tell a story" and "being told you have 4 issues to tell a story". Only time will tell if the story "feels" rushed or like a natural transition.
    Is actually 5, 6 and 7. Three issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is actually 5, 6 and 7. Three issues.
    That's what i get for going off the top of my head