Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildstorm in DC

Default Wildstorm in DC

Back when the New 52 started, there were several Wildstorm titles and various Wildstorm characters/concepts floating around throughout the titles, which I will attempt to compile here:

-Stormwatch series(Cancelled)
    -Voodoo series(Cancelled)
    -Grifter series(Cancelled)
    -Zealot(Deathrstoke's 1st New 52 Series)
    -Spartan(Team 7)
    -Caitlin Fairchild(Superboy, The Ravagers)
    -Alex Fairchild(Team 7)
    -Grunge(Superboy)
    -Warblade(Ravagers)
    -John Lynch(Team 7)
    -"Majestic"(Team 7)
    -Helspont(Superman)
    -Daemonites(Grifter, Voodoo, etc.)

All of which have fallen to the wayside or become irrelevant, sans:

-Grifter, Voodoo and the Engineer continuing to live on through their exposure in Future's End...
    -Midnighter, who has seen a recently boom in popularity due to his exposure in the hit Grayson series(Which did feature Apollo in an issue), now leading to his own spin-off series.

That said, it's not much, but it is something at least! lol

Here in this thread, I hope that we can discuss the integration of Wildstorm into the DCU and also provide any input on improvements/future additions.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Wait Voodoo is in Future's End? How did I miss that. I love Voodoo!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Wait Voodoo is in Future's End? How did I miss that. I love Voodoo!
    lol Yup. And she's had a redesign too:
    futures-end-11-voodoo.jpg
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-11-voodoo.png
    Last edited by JusticeX; 02-08-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Majestic was in team 7 wow how did i miss that? I do hope helspont get a play in the whole darkseid v anti monitor though.

Astonishing Member

The Wildstorm characters really just feel like a wasted opportunity as far as the DCU is concerned. They've had opportunities to really do something with the characters. I mean, even if you're not going to give WS characters their own books, actually have them interact with other heroes more frequently. Maybe give a few of them ongoing gigs as part of one of the various Justice Leagues or let them face Helspont and his Daemonite horde.

FYI, Freefall showed up in the Future's End issue of Superboy and I believe Rainmaker also popped up in The Movement.

Incredible Member

They should really take advantage of convergence and place the wildstorm characters back into their own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Majestic was in team 7 wow how did i miss that? I do hope helspont get a play in the whole darkseid v anti monitor though.
    It not the best version of him sadly and (no offence to the writer) I do hope its just forgotten or retconned out entirely. The guy isn't even a Kherubim... that's how different he is in that book. I would much rather have the good old Kherubim warlord Majestros back as an intergalactic warrior instead of a Meta.

As for Helspont, I fear that the only writer who now has an interest in writing him is Scott Lobdell so I doubt we are going to see him during the Darkseid War thing....sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    It not the best version of him sadly and (no offence to the writer) I do hope its just forgotten or retconned out entirely. The guy isn't even a Kherubim... that's how different he is in that book. I would much rather have the good old Kherubim warlord Majestros back as an intergalactic warrior instead of a Meta.

As for Helspont, I fear that the only writer who now has an interest in writing him is Scott Lobdell so I doubt we are going to see him during the Darkseid War thing....sadly.
    I'll take your word for it i hope it gets retconned too no way they should make him a meta thats very disrespectful.

Yea it does seem so sigh such a waste of a good villain i tell you he owuld have been the perfect wildcard in that war.

Amazing Member

Yeah, i kind of wish Wildstorm was a small separate imprint. Personally, I havent felt the infusion of those characters into DCU has worked at all.
    The Authority was maybe the most important super-hero series of the last 20 years. the fact that DC is so adamant about keeping that book in pieces is terrible.

There should definitely, without question, be a Wildcats, Gen-13 and Authority series

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    lol Yeah man. Looks like Nix Uotan cleared that up with you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    The Wildstorm characters really just feel like a wasted opportunity as far as the DCU is concerned. They've had opportunities to really do something with the characters. I mean, even if you're not going to give WS characters their own books, actually have them interact with other heroes more frequently. Maybe give a few of them ongoing gigs as part of one of the various Justice Leagues or let them face Helspont and his Daemonite horde.

FYI, Freefall showed up in the Future's End issue of Superboy and I believe Rainmaker also popped up in The Movement.
    Excatly! I agree, they need more of them out there interacting with the DC characters! Or as you mentioned, put them on some of these Justice League teams! Or some can even be on the Teen Titans! I mean, they don't seem to have any plans for introducing The Authority, WildCATS, or Gen13. Stormwatch is sort of around still via Future's End, but not really...That said DC really needs to take advantage of these awesome characters and utilize them more!

Also, didn't know those two appeared-Awesome! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    They should really take advantage of convergence and place the wildstorm characters back into their own universe.
    This is an option too...It would definitely make utilizing the characters and concepts a lot easier than it is...Although, personally, I would like to see them try better at integration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post

Yeah, his character was done a disservice...Hopefully, that will be retconned or forgotten as you said and we can get him somewhere down the line. And Helspont was being set-up as a great foe for Superman, even causing him to have to go off and train. He should really show up more.

Quote Originally Posted by DangitBobby View Post
    Yeah, i kind of wish Wildstorm was a small separate imprint. Personally, I havent felt the infusion of those characters into DCU has worked at all.
    The Authority was maybe the most important super-hero series of the last 20 years. the fact that DC is so adamant about keeping that book in pieces is terrible.

There should definitely, without question, be a Wildcats, Gen-13 and Authority series
    Yes, I agree, The Authority was a very unique concept and a very important series. I can understand though why they are hesitant to try and create them in mainstream DCU on Earth-0 because of the direct conflict that it would create with all of the other heroes...WildCATS and Gen-13 could definitely exist on Earth-0 though.

On that note, how does everyone feel about Planetary? That could be an interesting title to have around and even explore the new multiverse.
    Last edited by JusticeX; 02-08-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Spectacular Member

Has Deathblow shown up yet in the New 52?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DangitBobby View Post

I think you have to understand, the idea of Wildstorm being incorporated into DC was not something that was developed from the DC rank and file in editorial or writing. It was instead something that the Co-Publisher Jim Lee wanted and that Bob Harras was assigned to execute. However given the early cancellation of many of the Wildstorm derived titles and the general early woes of Nu52 including Lee not being able to get the time or will to do WildCATs, the idea eventually fell to the wayside and got put on the backburner. The writers and editors clearly had no interest in developing Wildstom in DC. Why should they?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-08-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Monkey View Post
    Has Deathblow shown up yet in the New 52?
    Ah, it seems he has, yet another that I missed. Apparently he showed up in both Grifter and in Teen Titans. Good call!

Grifter_9_Full-666x1024.jpg
    Deathblow_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg
    Last edited by JusticeX; 02-08-2015 at 09:59 PM.

penetrator of things

Helspont has appeared in Scott Lobdell's Superman and Red Hood stuff.

Ladytron has appeared in the new Teen Titans series (as well as in Team 7 #5?)

An entire Gen13 (pretty much the exact WildStorm team) w/ Superboy appeared in a 2 back-up in Supergirl #33.
    Last edited by tako; 02-08-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Helspont has appeared in Scott Lobdell's Superman and Red Hood stuff.

Ladytron has appeared in the new Teen Titans series (as well as in Team 7 #5?)

An entire Gen13 (pretty much the exact WildStorm team) w/ Superboy appeared in a 2 back-up in Supergirl #33.
    More good finds! Thanks!

Red Hood and The Outlaws4.jpg
    Teen Titans3.jpg

I'll add a pic of New 52 "Majestic" as well:

2974811-deathstroke_19_thegroup-004.jpg

Any pics of Wildstorm characters in the New 52 or otherwise are welcome everyone!
    Last edited by JusticeX; 02-08-2015 at 10:34 PM.