forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Default best uncollected/not properly collected Iron Man stories?

What are some great Iron Man stories you can't easily find in a collected edition? I'm looking for some good single issues to pick up at my LCS sale
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Nobody? Pretty please
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Iron Man: Enter the Mandarin was a fun mini. Also, check out Knauf's run on Iron Man: Director of SHIELD. It started up right after Ellis' Extremis storyline, and IMO is one of the most criminally underrated Iron Man stories ever (probably because it was sandwiched in between Civil War and Fraction's excellent Iron Man run). Very slow burn story, but it pays off in making the Mandarin a force to be reckoned with, and having what I would consider one of the most brutal superhero fights ever, between Iron Man and Mandarin. Why they didn't use this idea for Iron Man 3, I'll never know.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

I love the Knaufs run. Very underrated

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Big fan of the Len Kaminski/Kev Hopgood/Tom Morgan run (Iron Man #278-318), which has only been partially collected - part of it are in the Operation Galactic Storm and Hands of the Mandarin trades, and there's a good chunk of it in Iron Man: War Machine. The whole thing's up on Marvel Unlimited, though.

Most of Iron Man Vol 3 is uncollected. He becomes Secretary of Defense around issues 70-83 or so. They feature some awesome Adi Granov covers.
    The Dennis O'neil run between the Iron Monger storyline and the Enemy Within Epic Collection(Vol 1 #178-192) have Rhodey in the armor with Obadiah Stane as the overarching villain. I know the first Iron Legion story from around vol 1 #295-305 is uncollected. I haven't read it but would like to see it collected. Might be worth checking out.

Has the Stane saga ever been collected, comprehensively? #163 to #200. Tony's epic collapse into alcoholism, Rhodey's run as Iron Man, the unfortunately named Circuits Maximus, and the epic final showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Big fan of the Len Kaminski/Kev Hopgood/Tom Morgan run (Iron Man #278-318), which has only been partially collected - part of it are in the Operation Galactic Storm and Hands of the Mandarin trades, and there's a good chunk of it in Iron Man: War Machine. The whole thing's up on Marvel Unlimited, though.
    Well said. I totally agree.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    Most of Iron Man Vol 3 is uncollected. He becomes Secretary of Defense around issues 70-83 or so. They feature some awesome Adi Granov covers.
    The Dennis O'neil run between the Iron Monger storyline and the Enemy Within Epic Collection(Vol 1 #178-192) have Rhodey in the armor with Obadiah Stane as the overarching villain. I know the first Iron Legion story from around vol 1 #295-305 is uncollected. I haven't read it but would like to see it collected. Might be worth checking out.
    Agreed with you also. There is some good stuff that hasn't been covered.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Iron Man: Enter the Mandarin was a fun mini. Also, check out Knauf's run on Iron Man: Director of SHIELD. It started up right after Ellis' Extremis storyline, and IMO is one of the most criminally underrated Iron Man stories ever (probably because it was sandwiched in between Civil War and Fraction's excellent Iron Man run). Very slow burn story, but it pays off in making the Mandarin a force to be reckoned with, and having what I would consider one of the most brutal superhero fights ever, between Iron Man and Mandarin. Why they didn't use this idea for Iron Man 3, I'll never know.
    Enter the Mandarin is great and it has been collected in trade. I have it. Also they could easily use the Knaufs run for an Iron Man 4 if they do it. If they make Tony head of Shield after Civil War. Extremis has already been introduced and with the short film they did itt was proven that Guy Pierces character wasn't the real deal. It would be the perfect set up.

Iron Man #95-#107
    An Epic Collection would be nice.
    Iron Man along with Ultimo, The Guardsman, Sunfire, The Mandarin, The Frankenstein Monster, The Dreadknight, Jack of Hearts and Midas.
    A fun run by Bill Mantlo and George Tuska.
    719805.jpg