Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    And Flash can stop them 10 times over before Superman does anything.

Some heroes are made too powerful within their own stories/titles, making others seem useless when they make an appearance in a team title. I like different characters having different power sets (sharing powers/skills are great, as long as you don't give too much to one particular character. Both Batman and Flash should be able to handle detective/forensic work - although we already see that in a team title). Granted, JL doesn't deal with the smaller threats.

Perhaps DC should restart the Brave and Bold title (rebrand if needed?) showcasing different character duos - Batman and Flash working together to solve a serial killer case etc.

One a side note: Seems like DC is already trying to solve it..by embracing loose continuity.
    My comment was really more...sarcastic? TheDarkKnightReturns, for whatever reason, seems to feel that if Batman weren't in the Justice League DC would feel pressured for some reason to bring back one of his favorite titles, Batman Inc. So he makes arguments on why Batman is too useless on the League, yet him starting up Inc again would be useful. I like to argue that point as I don't view Batman as useless, or Inc as more useful than Batman in the League. So if he makes the argument Inc is for small threats, I argue Superman can squash all small threats.

And I'd like more Batman/Flash team ups, I'm not aware if Barry has ever use his forensic skills with Bruce's detective skills, that'd be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My comment was really more...sarcastic? TheDarkKnightReturns, for whatever reason, seems to feel that if Batman weren't in the Justice League DC would feel pressured for some reason to bring back one of his favorite titles, Batman Inc. So he makes arguments on why Batman is too useless on the League, yet him starting up Inc again would be useful. I like to argue that point as I don't view Batman as useless, or Inc as more useful than Batman in the League. So if he makes the argument Inc is for small threats, I argue Superman can squash all small threats.

And I'd like more Batman/Flash team ups, I'm not aware if Barry has ever use his forensic skills with Bruce's detective skills, that'd be interesting to see.
    Ah, ok

I don't remember seeing one either..would love to see those kinds of team ups. I liked Aquaman and WW teaming up (in Aquaman annual I think - it was great). Shazam and Superman would be great too!
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Lex Luthor does have powers. It's called super genius intellect. And different from Batman he has always had it. Face it, Batman was just a masked private investigator with a few gadgets. He was never intended to even be in the vicinity of Lex Luthor's intelligence. Yet despite Lex's incredible intelligence and limitless resources Superman always thwart his plans.
    Lex isn't a metahuman, he doesn't have superhuman intelligence. And Superman couldn't even fly when he was first created so why have a problem with Batman getting smarter and not have a problem with Superman gaining different powers? And I know Superman always thwarts his plans he's the hero and Lex is the villain, Superman winning is a given. The point is whether he wins or not Lex is shown to be a persistent and respected threat to Superman. And even if he does have super intelligence like you say (which he doesn't) he still isn't as smart as Brainiac who Superman has beaten so realistically Lex shouldn't be a threat to Superman at all. But you're not going to go ranting on how useless of a villain Lex is to Superman.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 02-18-2015 at 10:11 PM.

My guess is both Lex and Superman are super intelligent but Superman has to pretend to be less intelligent bec. Batman pays the bills.

BANNED

And Flash can stop them 10 times over before Superman does anything.

Some heroes are made too powerful within their own stories/titles, making others seem useless when they make an appearance in a team title. I like different characters having different power sets (sharing powers/skills are great, as long as you don't give too much to one particular character. Both Batman and Flash should be able to handle detective/forensic work - although we already see that in a team title). Granted, JL doesn't deal with the smaller threats.

Perhaps DC should restart the Brave and Bold title (rebrand if needed?) showcasing different character duos - Batman and Flash working together to solve a serial killer case etc.

One a side note: Seems like DC is already trying to solve it..by embracing loose continuity.
    Agreed. I love a diverse and balanced team.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    My guess is both Lex and Superman are super intelligent but Superman has to pretend to be less intelligent bec. Batman pays the bills.
    Unless I have missed something, Luthor is not super intelligent in the sense he would make Einstein or Hawking look average in comparison. He's a normal human genius, nothing more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Not really...some writers do like to show him off as a genius. But, he shouldn't be. He already has too many other powers.

You know..just because his father was a genius, doesn't mean he would be. And no, entire planet is not full of geniuses either. If that was the case, Krypton would have survived (or at least a lot more Kryptonians would have escaped the planet before its inevitable doom).
    It does make you wonder how one scientist can perfect rocket technology to the point he could send a kid with life support over the distance of the galaxy, but only a handful of others were able to do the same? In a universe of intelligent beings who should have been visiting, as well as Kryptonians visiting other planets. So much for super geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    It does make you wonder how one scientist can perfect rocket technology to the point he could send a kid with life support over the distance of the galaxy, but only a handful of others were able to do the same? In a universe of intelligent beings who should have been visiting, as well as Kryptonians visiting other planets. So much for super geniuses.
    Yes, indeed...and that's why I don't consider them as geniuses (sure, they are more advanced than us, but that doesn't make them geniuses....are we geniuses compared to our ancestors, because we are advanced than them?).

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Lets keep it civil everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    LOL! Honestly, being super at everything else and coming from a scientifically advanced race of aliens, Superman should be WAY more intelligent than he is normally depicted as. Really, even more intelligent than Lex. But they have to dumb Superman's intelligence down to make Lex his antithesis and to make Batman look competent next to him, since he has no super powers and Superman has long been viewed as overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Superman has neither Batman's stealth or detective ability, Batman lacks the crippling weakness to a green rock, and Superman can't be in two places at once. Batman brings value both to his team ups with Superman and to the League. Just because you dislike the character because some writers try and make him better than other characters, does not mean he is without use or value. I can understand if you don't like him, or hate it when some writer's annoyingly have him beat Superman or whatever, but that's not a good excuse for character bashing.

If Batman is useless, then so is Batman Inc. Why not have an Aquaman Inc instead?
    He doesn't need to be. He's got super hearing and x ray vision plus super speed. If Superman were to establish in Gotham crime would just disappear in matter of hours.
    Drug dealers and smuggler would be able to operate without Superman dropping on them. The same goes for bank robbers, serial killers, rapist etc. Corrupt politicians, cops and businessmen would be exposed by Clark Kent. Batman doesn't lack any crippling weakness. He has them all. Radiation can kill him (kryptonite radiation too it just would take longer)bullets, poisons, slipping in the showers.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Lex isn't a metahuman, he doesn't have superhuman intelligence. And Superman couldn't even fly when he was first created so why have a problem with Batman getting smarter and not have a problem with Superman gaining different powers? And I know Superman always thwarts his plans he's the hero and Lex is the villain, Superman winning is a given. The point is whether he wins or not Lex is shown to be a persistent and respected threat to Superman. And even if he does have super intelligence like you say (which he doesn't) he still isn't as smart as Brainiac who Superman has beaten so realistically Lex shouldn't be a threat to Superman at all. But you're not going to go ranting on how useless of a villain Lex is to Superman.
    Lex Luthor does have super human intellect. How many humans can come up with the cure for cancer in about 5 minutes and then use house hold items to produce it?

When did Batman defeat Brainiac? You mean defeat by been around when Superman fights Brainiac?

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Due to unfortunate happenings, space travel was tabu for kryptonians. Just like sailing was for the chinese despite been the most advanced culture of their time here on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    LOL! Honestly, being super at everything else and coming from a scientifically advanced race of aliens, Superman should be WAY more intelligent than he is normally depicted as. Really, even more intelligent than Lex. But they have to dumb Superman's intelligence down to make Lex his antithesis and to make Batman look competent next to him, since he has no super powers and Superman has long been viewed as overpowered.
    We are a scientifically advanced species (relatively speaking...maybe not compared to Kryptonians, but we are still advanced). Does that mean every human being is a genius?

Intelligence..yes, everyone is intelligent, more or less. But, they aren't all geniuses.

And yes..he is overpowered..what else would you call it? Just look at all the powers he has - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_...es_of_Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Lets keep it civil everyone.
    Fair enough. Would've preferred it if you'd just let me amend the post instead of deleting all of it, though.