Spectacular Member

Default Character deaths in DC animated movies (Spoilers)

I have a question about movies that are adapted from the comics...when a character dies in an animated movie, does he/she stay dead? You know how in comics villains always come back, right?

So is Ra's Al Ghul dead for good in the "Son of Batman" movie universe? If a villain gets revived in later issues, does that mean the movie version will be alive again?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Animated movies rarely follow a strict continuity. That is changing with DC, but slowly.

Usually each movie is it's own thing, meaning that if there's no direct follow-up to Son of Batman, there isn't a "Son of Batman universe".

However, I feel it's fair to stress that Ra's al Ghul never stays dead, regardless of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Animated movies rarely follow a strict continuity. That is changing with DC, but slowly.

Usually each movie is it's own thing, meaning that if there's no direct follow-up to Son of Batman, there isn't a "Son of Batman universe".

However, I feel it's fair to stress that Ra's al Ghul never stays dead, regardless of the media.
    Batman vs Robin is a direct follow up, these films seem to be in the same universe as the JL films (just later on). And Ra's stayed dead in the live action trilogy.