Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Number One with the Bullet. Simple, clean, striking.
    dc-comics-1-logo-primary.jpg

I actually appreciate the variants of the most recent reinvention of the DC Comics logo. But it feels like too much of a departure and more like an indy company than one of "The Big 2"...which may very well be the point. I'd actually like to see some sort of melding of the 2 concepts....a bullet with customized textures/touches perhaps...

dc logo variants.jpg

Yeah the bullet's my favorite too. I don't mind the current logo at all, but its missing the star(s). I don't like that omission. I liked the spin at first, but the longer it was around I just started to miss the simplicity of the old one. That's why I don't mind the new one, yeah it has that peel effect but it still feels simpler than the spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah the bullet's my favorite too. I don't mind the current logo at all, but its missing the star(s). I don't like that omission. I liked the spin at first, but the longer it was around I just started to miss the simplicity of the old one. That's why I don't mind the new one, yeah it has that peel effect but it still feels simpler than the spin.
    The spin always felt like it was a look that wouldn't age well and I think that bears out when I look back thru the history of the logos. The "peel" I think will age a bit better, but I favor the "classic" feel of the bullet all the same.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    The classic DC Bullet all the way

The bullet, for sure. The spin is a distant second, with everything else simply unworthy.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    The classic DC Bullet all the way

My favorite as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Bullet logo is my favorite. I'm not sure why they changed it. The current one looks a lot better on tv and computer screens. It just looks out of place in print for some reason. The logo that came after the bullet logo looked like it was for laundry detergent or toothpaste.