Page 31 of 745 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast

POLARIS FANS ASSEMBLE!!
    "Justinian wants to know more about Scarlet Witch and Polaris' upcoming interaction

Hello PAD I am very happy to hear Wanda is coming over to ANXF. Is this your first time writing Wanda? And, what did you find interesting about the potential for Wanda and Lorna interacting?

They're a pair of sisters, Justinian, so that alone makes it interesting. And they're sisters who have worked together but never actually spent any time bonding. On an emotional level, they're strangers, so I figured it would be intriguing to have them try and make up for lost time. Except that neither of them is the most emotionally stable of individuals. So what could possibly go wrong? And yes, it's my first time writing her."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53655
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

It's good to see Justinian's questions answered. I'm really looking forward to this and have to catch up on the issues I didn't read now just to be in the loop again. Will one issue be enough to satisfy years of pleading to have the sisters share meaningful interaction? I doubt it, but their one on one time is finally happening so I'm not complaining. Should I be scared at the question of what could possibly go wrong? I don't think so, but I hope this one issue doesn't kill the chance for future bonding moments between Wanda and Lorna. Anyway, I'm glad it's finally happening.

I am really excited for the Wanda/Lorna reunion as well as seeing Luna for a few issues.

That was a really great X-Position.

Anyway Brian Wood originally was asked to pitch for the Magneto solo book and he talks about his plans for it below.

Brian Wood: Sometime late last summer I was asked to pitch for that Magneto solo book, a pitch that was accepted but then I declined for financial and scheduling reasons. It was sort of a bummer, as I thought I had a decent idea. It was a Magneto story written like a Jack Reacher novel, but with a complex, emotional side narrative dealing with his adult daughter Polaris. It was that side narrative I was most interested in writing*. Sometimes I regret turning it down.

(*Justin Giampaoli’s said that he views The Plague Widow as me adjusting to fatherhood, and I’ve written infants and children a few times since, reflecting my own experiences and emotions related to raising two little ones. The father/adult daughter relationship is something about which I have things to say.)

A short time ago a longtime collaborator of mine emailed to say he was up to starting something new, and did I have any ideas kicking around. I have lots, so I sent them all over and what came back was something from 2009, called STARVE, that had, pretty much, the exact same father/daughter story I has pitched for Magneto. But better, obviously, as this is creator-owned and therefore not tied to system that requires X amount of people-punching per 20 pages.

I wrote half an issue of STARVE yesterday. STARVE has a funny history, now that I recall, as it was original devised as my DMZ follow-up, before being rejected by DC, then rejected by Oni, then by Dark Horse, all for various reasons. My agent looks at it then looks at me like I’m crazy. But fuck it, we’re pressing ahead. More on this soon

http://brianwood.tumblr.com/post/897...g-box-of-ideas
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-24-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I am really excited for the Wanda/Lorna reunion as well as seeing Luna for a few issues.

That was a really great X-Position.

Anyway Brian Wood originally was asked to pitch for the Magneto solo book and he talks about his plans for it below.
    It's really disappointing that we didn't get to see that kind of story, especially since Lorna hasn't been able to appear in the Magneto solo as of yet, whereas Wood's idea looks like Lorna would've been a major figure in the book. It's good for him that he got to have an outlet for his thoughts and ideas somewhere, I just wish that it could've been with doing more with Lorna and building her family relations.

I could try to say that maybe we wouldn't have Lorna and Wanda interacting so soon if that had happened, but that's really hard to judge. I could just as easily imagine Marvel wanting to get Lorna and Wanda together sooner if Lorna got to appear as a major part of the Magneto solo. Lorna finally getting to lead her own team on ANXF definitely makes up for some of that, but I'm frankly still very concerned that Marvel is currently trying to set a groundwork of never letting Lorna and Magneto interact, while she could have been made a team leader at any time in the future.

One positive thing appears to be in sway, several writers are acknowledging and thinking specifically about Lorna and what she can offer to their stories. That's always good to see.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Luna being on ANXF for more then one issue was good to hear as well.

BANNED

Wanted to share some of Polaris looking totes adorbs.

0 1.jpg

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22333 Preview for ANFX #10. Lorna features!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Luna being on ANXF for more then one issue was good to hear as well.
    Luna is a fun character- glad she'll be around! Maybe she will meet both her aunts again?
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Luna is a fun character- glad she'll be around! Maybe she will meet both her aunts again?
    We don't know how long Wanda will be around or much about the crossover after.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Someone just traded me the Polaris card in the X-Men: Battle of the Atom mobile game!!!!!!!!!!! She's Ultra Rare in her first form, and I only put up a Rare card (Age of Apocalypse Madrox) for her, and someone decided to take me up on it!!!!

I thought this was interesting below. The response of a casual fan to Lorna in Marvel Legos who clearly didn't know anything about the character before playing her there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pihisUFOLDA
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-01-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Someone just traded me the Polaris card in the X-Men: Battle of the Atom mobile game!!!!!!!!!!! She's Ultra Rare in her first form, and I only put up a Rare card (Age of Apocalypse Madrox) for her, and someone decided to take me up on it!!!!
    I had that card, but I didn't have anyone to use it with, sadly. I also haven't been able to find time to play the game lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    We can only hope. It's great to see you around, Mitteloss!

I thought this was interesting below. The response of a casual fan to Lorna in Marvel Legos who clearly didn't know anything about the character before playing her there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pihisUFOLDA
    It's great to see a positive response to her inclusion.

BTW, did anyone else pick up Savage Hulk #1? I thought I'd do a little recap of it since Polaris was definitely in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post

BTW, did anyone else pick up Savage Hulk #1? I thought I'd do a little recap of it since Polaris was definitely in the issue.
    I picked it up, it was nice seeing her, the mini is four issues and we know from the solicits the X-Men get captured so it will be interesting to see if she gets some dialogue/battles in time. I think there is a good chance of it.

BANNED

Did she even say anything in Savage Hulk #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I'm shocked I forgot about this. I even had the Marvel page open in preparation in advance, but closed it because I figured I'd remember it was coming out when it released. Then I got sidetracked by the Steam summer sale hype and forgot. I'll get it and read it ASAP.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)