Page 2 of 745 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Bill Sienkiewicz

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Bill S is my favourite comic artist: but I didn't know he'd drawn Polaris. Gorgeous.

We've got another nice piece of Lorna and Wanda fanart from rikkurific over on pixiv.

I think I may make a habit of posting Lorna-centric stuff around here more often, especially since a lot of the Lorna fandom has quieted down on these boards lately.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Am I still allowed to post my Havolaris stuff here?

Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-01-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

omg~~~~ did you draw that?

LOL I wish. The artist is Peter Nguyen, if I'm not mistaken.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

How'd I miss this thread! I'm glad Lorna is central for ANXF but I do wish her and Wanda interacted

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    How'd I miss this thread! I'm glad Lorna is central for ANXF but I do wish her and Wanda interacted
    For a very very long time they have been like ships passing though the night... even when they are on the same titles.

Wanda was cut from DofP, she will be in the DvD though so millions will get to see her. Lorna is currently doing the rounds on most DoFP TV ads.

I will say it will have a large impact on recognition of Lorna by the masses and I think eventually Marvel will get over its reluctance to develop things between Lorna and Wanda and include Lorna in future family related storylines.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Hello.

Has the girl been established as Polaris? Or can we safely assume?
    Last edited by Mitteloss; 05-01-2014 at 06:24 PM.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Hello.

Has the girl been established as Polaris?
    Welcome aboard the new CBR Mitteloss. Here is what Singer has said.

Bryan Singer clarifies to Empire Magazine that the girl is not Scarlet Witch, but the younger sister, and at one time he intended on including a Scarlet Witch Easter Egg for fans, but ended up cutting it. In the comics, the younger sister to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch is Lorna Dane, aka Polaris.

Singer: Is that the Scarlet Witch? No, that’s his little sister. I even had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver’s mother says to the little girl, ‘Go up and bug your sister,’ and the little girl says, ‘She bugs me!' You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic book fans. I ended up cutting it.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...witch-gets-cut
    So, I would give it a good 99.9% chance at this point, especially as Matthew Vaughn when he was on production had said he is introducing a character in DoFP that is Magneto's equal. I think they are setting up for Lorna to be the powerhouse Magneto has to deal with in X-Men Apocalypse. Obviously, fighting a daughter is more emotional then fighting a generic super powered enemy.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-01-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Am I still allowed to post my Havolaris stuff here?

No! Get out of here you dirty unwashed Havolaris lover! :P

Go ahead, I don't have anything against the pairing itself. I dislike how Lorna's been used in relation to Alex in the past, but after about a year of hating Alex, I eventually realized that's more a fault of how writers chose to treat their relationship rather than a fault of Alex or the relationship themselves. I think a lot of good can be done with it so long as writers treat everything respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I think that's a gold mine we'll have to wait for the next generation to start using. We still have a lot of people that refuse to acknowledge the potential there purely because they don't want to see Lorna remain part of the family, but once that attitude subsides, Lorna and Wanda interactions are going to be easy money for Marvel. A lot can be done with Lorna and Magneto or Lorna and Pietro, but really the shining beacon of greatness here is of Lorna and Wanda together. Who knows, it might even eventually repair the rift between Fox and the Marvel films side of things, since taking full advantage of the two characters when it comes to the films would require the companies to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    So, I would give it a good 99.9% chance at this point, especially as Matthew Vaughn when he was on production had said he is introducing a character in DoFP that is Magneto's equal. I think they are setting up for Lorna to be the powerhouse Magneto has to deal with in X-Men Apocalypse. Obviously, fighting a daughter is more emotional then fighting a generic super powered enemy.
    There's also the actor that played Havok saying he would like it if Lorna was in the films. While there have been many complications with how Lorna's been treated while in relationship with Alex, I think that if adapted to film, the film script would treat the relationship and Lorna much, much better.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Welcome aboard the new CBR Mitteloss. Here is what Singer has said.

Thanks, this is odd and will take some getting used to, a shame all that history is lost to us. This is the 5th Polaris Appreciation Thread to me.

And that is odd too- I'll take this at face value and see what happens
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Thanks, this is odd and will take some getting used to, a shame all that history is lost to us. This is the 5th Polaris Appreciation Thread to me.

And that is odd too- I'll take this at face value and see what happens
    The old stuff is archived. They didn't just erase it.

The old stuff is archived. They didn't just erase it.
    Brilliant Is there a link to them? We should post it here- I don't know a way reach them unfortunately...

Brilliant Is there a link to them? We should post it here- I don't know a way reach them unfortunately...
    Keep in mind I think in two weeks they will be erased, but they still can be found below.

http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com