Page 574 of 745 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So, on The Gifted, I think Lorna will be aligning herself with the Hellfire Club, and that got me thinking. What title do you think works best for Polaris? I was thinking maybe the Black Queen, or the Black Bishop.
    I think the most obvious titles for Esme and Lorna is White and Black Queen if they manage to overthrow the Club in a hostile take over. If they are just lower run members then its a different story.

I do believe she will be aligning with the Club to start off with this week, but she could also form her own... well Brotherhood like team though it would need more then Andy to make it workable.

TVLINE | In the most recent reference to the X-Men, we learned they had had said “a war was coming.” Are there any more nods in the coming weeks?
    We say over and over again that the X-Men “chose” us, and what we find out later on in the season is the X-Men chose Polaris and Thunderbird (Blair Redford) specifically.

Emma Dumont: I don’t know if it’s because of their ancestry, because of who their family is, their genes… but the X-Men chose them to lead this underground railroad for mutants. And yeah, a war is coming, but what we think now is it’s a war between the government, Sentinel Services, bigots and the mutants. But what we come to find out later in the season is it’s a war of a different kind, and it could be a war that finds two groups on the same side battling each other, which is very, very scary and will change everything. It might not be a war between just two groups, it might be a war of three or four groups….

http://tvline.com/2017/12/03/gifted-...umont-polaris/
    But, I don't know the thought of Polaris and Esme playing chess and high politics kind of appeals to me. Its something Lorna last did in War of Kings and it suits her quite well.

I would be very, VERY, VERY interested in seeing Lorna & Emma interact in the comics, be on Blue together, and develop a relationship that mirrors & takes advantage of The Gifted's WINNING Polaris/Esme chemistry!!
    They might in the coming arc as Emma will be there, but it might not be Lorna in the drivers seat and if its not it doesn't move the ball forward because in the end it will be Malice and Emma (maybe controlled as well) interacting. We will see. Its part of why I have an issue with possessions.

But, yes the show is doing the sorts of things so many comic writers refused to with Lorna because they never happened in the past under a beloved writers pen and the comics if anything are a nostalgia centered and at times controlled medium.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-12-2018 at 08:12 PM.

This The Gifted promotional video is quite interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... While as you know I have long been no fan of possessions or mind controlling... Malice one most of all... others like... the recent alien space bug mind controlling... Lorna is going to get mind controlled in the future... (see Scarlet Witch) it will get repeated.

... as a plot device for a couple issues with Lorna as Mike Carey did in FMSOTSU...
    I didn't even like that, TBH, and found it lessened my enjoyment of the story overall. Even if brief & temporary, I find it toXic for some reason, and it poisons & taints my view of everything.

Speakin' of tho, I noticed at least one of those vids I posted recently about Lorna's history & origins, claimed the Magneto sanctioned Mastermind-wipe when she was just a toddler--to erase the trauma of the plane crash she caused, that killed her Mom & Arnie, the pilot husband--was like almost the sole source & reason for her susceptibility to possessions, mind controls, & mental/emotional instability. How do y'all feel 'bout that, agree, disagree, or is it in the middle, and only a contributing factor? Kinda seems like a bit of an easy-all, catch-all, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-12-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I didn't even like that, TBH, and found it lessened my enjoyment of the story overall. Even if brief & temporary, I find it toXic for some reason, and it poisons & taints my view of everything.

Speakin' of tho, I noticed at least one of those vids I posted recently about Lorna's history & origins, claimed the Magneto sanctioned Mastermind-wipe when she was just a toddler... to erase the trauma of the plane crash she caused, that killed her Mom & Arnie, the pilot husband... was like almost the sole source & reason for her susceptibility to possessions, mind controls, & mental/emotional instability. How do y'all feel 'bout that, agree, disagree, or is it in the middle, and only a contributing factor? Kinda seems like a bit of an easy-all, catch-all, no?
    It did hurt the story because in effect the five year plus space arc was Lorna following her boyfriend on a wild goose chase and got the car stuck in a ditch and had to be bailed out by her father which was bad enough. The mind control fight wasted time for interaction and wasn't particularly necessary.

I mean if one is looking for an interesting an emotion filled fight with Magneto it can't be had that way because Magneto is just trying not to hurt her and not get hurt and Lorna is out to lunch.

An actually interesting fight fans would remember would be both fighting to win and of their own free will, but that is something that shouldn't happen for a very long time until conflict grows to exponential size over something as happens.

PAD made a good story with telling her origins enough so we may see some of it on The Gifted and already heard some of it, but he wanted it to be the sole source of all emotional and mental issues she ever had and that just didn't work in any sense of the term. Its one thing to have it be important, but he sort of wanted it to replace ever other trauma she had so no I wouldn't view that at all to be the case. Comic Lorna's biggest trauma was the Genosha genocide full stop, it doesn't mean she can't have other ones, but her life is like a bookshelf with room for one then one book.

In terms of her susceptibility she is no more susceptible then Magneto without his helmet on, but he wears a helmet consistently while she had a headgear that does nothing for her beyond looks. Morrison and Austen did give her a Magneto in Fatal Attractions like telepathic resistance when powered up sans making a helmet.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-13-2018 at 01:59 AM.

BANNED

... sans making a helmet. ...
    Been thinkin'... the byproduct, end result, of the upcoming Malice storyline? Either a gift from Dad, or she does it herself, so as to say either way... NEVER again?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So, on The Gifted, I think Lorna will be aligning herself with the Hellfire Club, and that got me thinking. What title do you think works best for Polaris? I was thinking maybe the Black Queen, or the Black Bishop.
    Before answering, feel I need to note that I'm still not watching Gifted because of how poorly Dreamer's death was handled, and no signs that she'll be back and future character death will be handled much, much better than what Gifted did to her.

Anyway, existing positions, Black Queen fits. However, when I've talked about her in the Hellfire Club previously, I noted she doesn't have to fit the existing colors. She could be the Emerald Queen.

The black and white dichotomy wasn't set in stone until a certain point (I think late 1800s). Before that, red and green were options. It wouldn't be the first time the X-Men comics deviated from black and white either. One set in a UK setting used black and red instead of black and white. Theoretically it's expected green would replace another color, but I think Hellfire Club could have more than two colors with the idea of "the game has evolved beyond two colors."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

A fan noticed Esme moved the Black Queen at the end of episode 11 to achieve checkmate

Either way the real issue comes down if it goes that way does the show set up Lorna, Esme and two men to be the inner circle after a take over or does it have a separate inner circle running things or do they have a larger inner circle with say 6 members. I think four is not a bad number if good actors can pull it off.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-13-2018 at 07:16 AM.

BANNED

A fan noticed Esme moved the Black Queen at the end of episode 11 to achieve checkmate...
    Nice... subtle. A hint at Polaris' preordained destiny, perhaps? Not being controlled necessarily, but maybe manipulated a lil', by Esmé & her 'Koos. Or guided, "herded" even, in more unpleasant terms... at the behest of her real (alive/dying/dead?) father, the White King, possibly?

CAN'T WAIT either, Em, SO eXcited!!

BANNED

HEY, fellow Polaris fans! Gettin' ya in the loop & lettin' ya know, so you're up to date now too (right along w/Dazz & Dani's devotees!!)... SO, here we GO (from Moonstar's appreciation thread, originally):

... Spinning out of that & the logo thing tho, I'd also like to ask her fans to post what they feel are ideal images of how she should look, both in how she's portrayed physically (facial features, hair, body type) & with her (updated, modernized) costumes/outfits/uniforms, what have you... taken into consideration. You can certainly use separate pics for each, but finding just one that represents both to you if possible, would be preferable.

Reason being, I'm planning on putting together a triptych featuring Lorna, Ali, & Dani...
    ... to use as a sort of guide & source of reference. ...
    ... that's more or less 'fan-approved'. So I'd like it to reflect input from their bases here on the Forums, by way of using each of their respective appreciation threads, to do so. ThanX in advance, for any & all participation. 8)
    I'll be back with some pics, to start lookin' at 3 various costume choices & the logo for her, that I have in mind (and have been used before).
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-13-2018 at 10:05 AM.

BANNED

A rough, VERY rudimentary idea of what I'm aiming/goin' for:

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-19-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Polaris in Porltand
    Last edited by juan678; 01-13-2018 at 01:30 PM.