Page 395 of 745 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 11164
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Man, there has been so much Polaris goodness over these past couple months:

Polaris being one of the stars of The Gifted, played by an actress who seems to get and love the character

Polaris showing up in Blue, finally getting a chance to get even with Alex

Polaris, I believe, sticking around for a bit thanks to that artist revealing that picture of her and Iceman in a later issue

Ultimate Member

Lorna is there to beat Alex up sure, as he's probably been brainwashed, but I don't see her as being there to actually kill him, as far as he goes sure she's angry at him but maybe there to "free" him from Emma's control, killing two birds with one stone kind of thing as right now he's not really being written very well, sure the haters in this thread will think otherwise...and no I don't think they'll get back together anytime soon, it's just that Alex's "crimes" against her are FAR less than the crimes of other X-characters in the past and they got off with far less...as for teen Jean, as of yet we still don't know if Lorna is there on Magneto's orders directly as then she'd know that he was alive or that he just manipulated people to get her there...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Lorna is there to beat Alex up sure, as he's probably been brainwashed, but I don't see her as being there to actually kill him, as far as he goes sure she's angry at him but maybe there to "free" him from Emma's control, killing two birds with one stone kind of thing as right now he's not really being written very well, sure the haters in this thread will think otherwise...and no I don't think they'll get back together anytime soon, it's just that Alex's "crimes" against her are FAR less than the crimes of other X-characters in the past and they got off with far less...as for teen Jean, as of yet we still don't know if Lorna is there on Magneto's orders directly as then she'd know that he was alive or that he just manipulated people to get her there...
    Yeah, she most likely isn't there to kill him, but it will be fun to watch her slap his ass around.

And his "crimes" against her justify it. Other X-characters may have done worse and been forgiven, but that doesn't mean Lorna should forgive Alex for humiliating her. Seems this will be the end of Lorna/Alex once and for all. And it will be good for both of them in my opinion. They can move on with out each other.

I do believe she will stick around weather she is there on Magneto's orders or not. She isn't his lap dog. She can act on her own. So I am looking forward to seeing her interact with Bobby, Jean, and the rest of the O5.

And that was one hell of an entrance.
    Last edited by Thievery; 07-26-2017 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

Emma's a powerful telepath, but controlling Alex, the mutants attacking Danger, and Scott is a bit much even for her level. I think Alex is there of his own choosing. Especially after his discussion with Briar.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't think anyone here believes that Lorna would kill Alex. Though I think most of us Polaris fans feel that this confrontation between her and Havok is a long time coming. I mean after abandoning her a number of times, leaving her at the alter, getting jealous at her moving on (though lord knows he's moved on to several women over the course of the years), and then having someone spy on her while she lead her own team, Havok deserves to get his ass kicked by Lorna. I don't hate Alex, but he has done a number of crappy things to Lorna over the years, and it'll be nice to hopefully see Polaris get those frustrations both her (and her fans) have with the character out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't think anyone here believes that Lorna would kill Alex. Though I think most of us Polaris fans feel that this confrontation between her and Havok is a long time coming. I mean after abandoning her a number of times, leaving her at the alter, getting jealous at her moving on (though lord knows he's moved on to several women over the course of the years), and then having someone spy on her while she lead her own team, Havok deserves to get his ass kicked by Lorna. I don't hate Alex, but he has done a number of crappy things to Lorna over the years, and it'll be nice to hopefully see Polaris get those frustrations both her (and her fans) have with the character out.
    Yah, he deserves it, she let him off easy for some of his past actions going way back.

Ultimate Member

So then Alex should be held accountable for things he did like 20 some years ago but Magneto is instantly forgiven...just because, and Magneto did far worse...I don't think that it means anything is over between them, not saying that they'd get back together anytime soon or anything but it's not never...as for controlling everyone, remember that she has that piece of the cosmic cube, I'd guess that could make her stronger, after all isn't she controlling Xorn anyway and he's far more powerful than the others...so far lately Lorna has pretty much done whatever Magneto's told her to, I don't remember her really saying no to him much...sounds like nothing more than a good little soldier to me...

Incredible Member

Ok so I just realized this now but Lorna is more powerful than Alex right? i don't remeber if it's been established somewhere.

I wish I could be excited, but I'm not.

Her introduction here is framed entirely within the confines of what men are in her life. Our very first introduction in X-Men Blue is a word bubble emphasizing Magneto is her father. That could've been something like 'Mistress of Magnetism', or there could have been a bubble for both. They deliberately chose to highlight only Magneto as her father, nothing else. Meanwhile, the first words out of her mouth when she bursts in are about how Havok has a history with her. Which isn't helped by the fact Havok got introduced a whole issue, arguably two, before her - setting up the idea that you need to know who the men in her life are first. As if she has nothing to offer if you take those men out of the picture, and can't bring her own character into a situation.

And on a personal note, I really don't want Lorna interacting with Havok at all, in any capacity, right now. Maybe she'll beat him into the ground with a vengeance, but that doesn't matter to me. I want him away from her. I don't trust any writers to have them interacting this soon. They could hire Neil Gaiman to do it and I still wouldn't be okay with it until more time has passed.

To me, this is a really bad start, and I even kind of see now why Bunn and other people at Marvel went dead silent about Lorna for months before this day. They knew this introduction had problems and didn't want those problems pointed out in advance of the issue's release.

This doesn't mean things can't turn around and be amazeballs. All-New X-Factor sucked for her from ANXF #2-6 and started getting much better starting with #7. The same could happen here. For all I know, the next issue will be a masterpiece that will be cited forever as the best single issue for the character ever written.

... But I'm treating this as a bad omen. Bringing her in by emphasizing who the Big Strong Men (TM) in her life are rather than how great she can be in her own right is a bad omen. And ultimately, it's why I keep emphasizing Gifted. Despite any complaints anyone may have, Gifted actually cares about Lorna for who she is and not who her dad or her boyfriend might be.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

So then Alex should be held accountable for things he did like 20 some years ago but Magneto is instantly forgiven...just because, and Magneto did far worse...I don't think that it means anything is over between them, not saying that they'd get back together anytime soon or anything but it's not never...as for controlling everyone, remember that she has that piece of the cosmic cube, I'd guess that could make her stronger, after all isn't she controlling Xorn anyway and he's far more powerful than the others...so far lately Lorna has pretty much done whatever Magneto's told her to, I don't remember her really saying no to him much...sounds like nothing more than a good little soldier to me...
    I think the difference here is that Lorna has a legitimate right to be angry for the way that Alex has treated her in the past. This is not about forgiving some one for being a villain

And its not just Lorna who has forgiven Magneto in the past and worked along side him. Mags has been a member a member of the X-Men several times in the past.

And I don't think most Lorna fans hate Alex. I know I don't. Some times there is just no going back when a relationship goes bad. And Lorna/Alex has clearly gone of the rails to the point that their is no going back. I just want to see Lorna finally get some justice for all the **** that Alex has done to her. And it should make for some good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Ok so I just realized this now but Lorna is more powerful than Alex right? i don't remeber if it's been established somewhere.
    Raw power is a crappy metric of battles, it's about what you can do with it.

They both have amazing raw power by sucking on outside energy sources, but if she has her main shields which she hasn't used since 2009 and one or two tricks she wins against raw power.

The last time he tried to kill her he got her to lower her main shields before blasting her. The last time she was in a mood for vengeance she only had her secondary shields up when Juggs beat her with a tree.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-26-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Raw power is a crappy metric of battles, it's about what you can do with it.

They both have amazing raw power by sucking on outside energy sources, but if she has her main shields which she hasn't used since 2009 and one or two tricks she wins against raw power.

The last time he tried to kill her he got her to lower her main shields before blasting her. The last time she was in a mood for vengeance she only had her secondary shields up when Juggs beat her with a tree.
    Well they are equal then, although Lorna seems more mentally stable than Havok , that it's good right? right?

Half of Havok face is covered with metal. It is a 1 second fight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Half of Havok face is covered with metal. It is a 1 second fight.
    Oh yeah I forgot that.