Page 618 of 745 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 11164
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like very much what Nix has to say regarding all this and I just hope it pans out the way he is indicating he wants.

I sort of (as a fan who already knows the lore) like how they simply subtly hint about Lorna's lineage in the show, it makes it a bit less on the nose for me

I actually don't like how they sort of heavily foreshadowed so much of the plot in season 1 and would prefer things be more ambiguous or unexpected (such as Lauren joining Hellfire instead of Andy for example, or maybe keep Esme as "innocent" until it was time for her reveal)

The real question is just will what Nix wants be approved of/allowed

In any case I just hope the writers examine fan reaction to what occurred in season 1, like check social media, what art is being made of, and so forth to get ideas on what would work in season 2. Obviously its best if they go with what they themselves feel is good artistically and not just try to please a bunch of strangers by guessing but I think a balance has to be struck
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I like very much what Nix has to say regarding all this and I just hope it pans out the way he is indicating he wants.

I sort of (as a fan who already knows the lore) like how they simply subtly hint about Lorna's lineage in the show, it makes it a bit less on the nose for me

I actually don't like how they sort of heavily foreshadowed so much of the plot in season 1 and would prefer things be more ambiguous or unexpected (such as Lauren joining Hellfire instead of Andy for example, or maybe keep Esme as "innocent" until it was time for her reveal)

The real question is just will what Nix wants be approved of/allowed

In any case I just hope the writers examine fan reaction to what occurred in season 1, like check social media, what art is being made of, and so forth to get ideas on what would work in season 2. Obviously its best if they go with what they themselves feel is good artistically and not just try to please a bunch of strangers by guessing but I think a balance has to be struck
    I think in episode 9, when they were about to use their combined powers before Andy stopped it was great - it began to turn the idea of him being the 'bad' one and instead being the 'good' one - unfortunately they didn't continue it - it'll great anyway.

Really loved this show - it was almost perfect, from the characters to the powers to using stories and making them new, fresh and unpredictable to truly understanding the mutant metaphor - can't wait for season 2.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Lauren Strucker is the star between the two.. So it was odd to push him.

Andy was erratic and impulsive from the very beginning. It made sense why he would defect and not Lauren. She's the one with protagonist potential, so its best that she stay among the "good" guys

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm fine with them not saying Magneto outright. The nods/Easter eggs in the first season were really well done, and I'm curious to see what other clues they'll drop in season two.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm fine with them not saying Magneto outright. The nods/Easter eggs in the first season were really well done, and I'm curious to see what other clues they'll drop in season two.

That scene was able to get more casual fans watching around the globe thinking then the other two. Certainly Magneto being a one time king of the Hellfire Club didn't register with many outside of hard core x-fans. The iconography of the medallion had a wider impact, at times if only to make some curious who weren't beforehand to ask online. Many are still asking.

Lauren Strucker is the star between the two.. So it was odd to push him.
    If you added Lauren to the Hellfire mix instead of Andy then Lorna has five high to medium profile (in terms of the show) mutants around her and it is nearing a team of the Valkyries with just a few male mutants with very limited development.

You have a constellation of reasons right now for the current Hellfire roster. In the scene where Andy joins there is no small hint of attraction to the Cuckoos combined with a sense his father sees him as a monster and anger over deciding to hold back in episode 9 and losing. There is no real ideological reason behind it other then angry.

For Esme there is a clear sense she interlinks anger and a desire for wealth and power with benefiting mutants all as the same package. We don't know enough about the other two personalities of the hive. For Sage in terms of what she said its a raw calculation right now on who is more likely to win the war.

For Lorna it was a sense that mutants are nearing their extinction and her mutant underground family may be lovable scamps, but they were neither respecting her point of view nor are going to stop the Hound program from going national and international so she felt she had to save them and the rest of mutants.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2018 at 03:46 PM.

I like both of the Strucker children, but I favor Andy a little more than Lauren. Really looking forward to seeing more of their mentor/student relationship be further developed.

I feel like Andy is more innately compelling but at the same time he is a bit too much of one thing, like just anger/resentment/frustration. Lauren could be a deeper character but she never truly escapes her shell of normalcy.

OBEY

I like both of the Strucker children, but I favor Andy a little more than Lauren. Really looking forward to seeing more of their mentor/student relationship be further developed.

Lorna grew him up some in her school of hard knocks in 2017, but deep down he is still a teen that is angry and can't control his powers well.

I feel like Andy is more innately compelling but at the same time he is a bit too much of one thing, like just anger/resentment/frustration. Lauren could be a deeper character but she never truly escapes her shell of normalcy.
    I would agree with that overall assessment.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-13-2018 at 04:39 AM.

BANNED

Latest find, from somebody coincidentally called... abnormallynormal , on:

#TVBiz @FOXAfrica and @20thcenturyfox have penned a content deal to bring various series to Africa. Shows in the ink include #TheResident, #Ghosted and the #TheGifted, set in the #XMen universe. Keep a lookout on TVSA for the premieres of each.

https://mobile.twitter.com/officialt...25254755454976
    The Gifted soon to be airing on all continents other then Australia last I checked.

Its interesting to watch the continued fusion of on air Marvel/Fox verse and Marvel comics ideas on characters and their perceptions. Where it dovetails on what fans like the synergy gets promoted, but where it doesn't like the Axis retcon its typically ignored.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-13-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Gifted soon to be airing on all continents other then Australia last I checked.

Its interesting to watch the continued fusion of on air Marvel/Fox verse and Marvel comics ideas on characters and their perceptions. Where it dovetails on what fans like the synergy gets promoted, but where it doesn't like the Axis retcon its typically ignored.
    Yeah I've been pleasantly amazed at all the fanart and comments about "Sisters" and "Magneto Fam". There are always that few people stubbornly insisting "Well actually..." but overall most people are totally willing to just go with them being a family

Edit: And yeah heroine that is my account lol but I just reposted that pic didn't actually create it

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Latest find, from somebody coincidentally called... abnormallynormal , on:

Wow, this is really well done. I could see Lorna wearing something like this on the show. A good blend of comic elements, with a real world approach that doesn't make it look like it would be out of place.

Wow, this is really well done. I could see Lorna wearing something like this on the show. A good blend of comic elements, with a real world approach that doesn't make it look like it would be out of place.
    It will be interesting to see how grounded they decide to make things next season. They eased up a bit on it towards the end of the season, but outfits and everything else were very grounded at the start.