Page 101 of 745 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 11164

What is your point, LA30X33? It keeps changing every time you reply.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Color
    It looks great with the color.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    What is your point, LA30X33? It keeps changing every time you reply.
    It's that others here have said that Lorna has killed before and they seem hopeful that she will kill again, and kill a lot of people and that it won't affect her any differently than it will Magneto or that he'll be able to make it all better by telling her that he's right so the end fully justifies the means in Magneto's world, and I was just trying to say that Lorna is not just the female version of Magneto, she's not a carbon copy of him and shouldn't be...darn you Sienna, twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you for this...heh...

Ultimate Member

Sorry for the double post as it'd only allow me to edit the previous post but then not save...

It's that others here have said that Lorna has killed before and they seem hopeful that she will kill again, and kill a lot of people and that it won't affect her any differently than it will Magneto or that he'll be able to make it all better by telling her that he's right so the end fully justifies the means in Magneto's world, and I was just trying to say that Lorna is not just the female version of Magneto, she's not a carbon copy of him and shouldn't be...darn you Sienna, twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you for this...heh...
    Don't worry if she does something morally questionable like working with her father to try to save all life in the universe I am certain Havok will just pass it off as her being nuts.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-18-2015 at 02:13 PM.

A fan on tumblr asked an interesting question.

Can Magneto and Polaris feel each others’ presence/location in the Earth’s magnetic field?

http://golden-horses-like-pears.tumb...el-each-others
    If I would have to give my answer it would be yes as they both have been shown to be able to feel disturbances in the electromagnetic field for vast distances. They can when their power isn't messed up also access EM fields which almost every signal one can think of.

But, at the same time it can vary how they do their powers. Some times it gets written as Magneto and Lorna are basically metal benders with the occasional power blast. Obviously, Magneto's powers are broken at the moment so that has made sense for it. Less so for Lorna really since 2005 who suddenly stopped using her basic defenses she would use in even the 80s and 90s like shields and her attacks were simplified down to energy blasts and metal manipulation that over time in practice just got further simplified down to metal manipulation.

At least coming up facing some bigger threats opens the door to Lorna using her powers in more complex fashion.

Its also nice to see Lorna's costume, while its not my #1 favorite for the character its grown on me over the years and some variation close to it at this point is being use in the Marvel LEGOs game, the X-Men DoFP game, and quite a few other higher profile mediums. Short of her being on a core title with something else for several years which isn't likely anytime soon, her space outfit has become sort of her default outfit.

Obviously her classic and her Shi'ar costumes are more exotic, but at times I think for modern Marvel a bit too exotic. Her House of M outfit gets a pass because its supposed to be a version of Lorna who has come to live in a royal bubble and the universe is supposed to be exotic. When you have that kind of political power you can go around in an elaborate toga all day and it becomes the in style.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-18-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    A fan on tumblr asked an interesting question.

If I would have to give my answer it would be yes as they both have been shown to be able to feel disturbances in the electromagnetic field for vast distances. They can when their power isn't messed up also access EM fields which almost every signal one can think of.

But, at the same time it can vary how they do their powers. Some times it gets written as Magneto and Lorna are basically metal benders with the occasional power blast. Obviously, Magneto's powers are broken at the moment so that has made sense for it. Less so for Lorna really since 2005 who suddenly stopped using her basic defenses she would use in even the 80s and 90s like shields and her attacks were simplified down to energy blasts and metal manipulation that over time in practice just got further simplified down to metal manipulation.

At least coming up facing some bigger threats opens the door to Lorna using her powers in more complex fashion.

Its also nice to see Lorna's costume, while its not my #1 favorite for the character its grown on me over the years and some variation close to it at this point is being use in the Marvel LEGOs game, the X-Men DoFP game, and quite a few other higher profile mediums. Short of her being on a core title with something else for several years which isn't likely anytime soon, her space outfit has become sort of her default outfit.

Obviously her classic and her Shi'ar costumes are more exotic, but at times I think for modern Marvel a bit too exotic. Her House of M outfit gets a pass because its supposed to be a version of Lorna who has come to live in a royal bubble and the universe is supposed to be exotic. When you have that kind of political power you can go around in an elaborate toga all day and it becomes the in style.
    That's a good rundown on things as far as their powers go. It really depends on who is writing them and for how long (or how long Lorna is in limbo between each "power check"). Unfortunately, Lorna was powered down to fit on X-Factor when she returned from space accompanied by a major regression in skills which remained consistent with ANXF. Metal bending, while I have nothing against that application of their abilities, is disappointing when we remember what other abilities that were somewhat common and seem to have been lost in recent years. She can still lose battles with her full toolkit or most of it even, but it would be nice to see a move away from pure metal bending.

The preview art has me excited mainly because she's out of the team costume and back in her own costume again. I've come to accept that it won't be my favorite version of the green costume (one of the "original" versions), but at least she's back! Shi'ar would be a dream, but only if it is showcased in its full glory by an amazing artist/colorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    The preview art has me excited mainly because she's out of the team costume and back in her own costume again. I've come to accept that it won't be my favorite version of the green costume (one of the "original" versions), but at least she's back! Shi'ar would be a dream, but only if it is showcased in its full glory by an amazing artist/colorist.
    Civil War House of M was the first time I have seen an artist use the Shi'ar outfit on a cover in quite some time. Obviously, she wore one of the variations of her classic costume in the series. What that variation on it your favorite?

For me its this one, because its edgy, elaborate and just adult enough to work for a late 20s/early 30s Lorna. The metallic look to the lower portion and the arm bands I think makes it work for an adult Lorna.

Its my favorite variation on her classic one, I have come to see some of the other variations as working better for a teens or early 20s Lorna like the version below, but not a late 20s to early 30s Lorna.

Her current costume looks more adult then the one above which is the one thing it has over a number of variations on her original.

BTW, there was a brief seen of her Shi'ar outfit in another AU comic last decade as well, you are right it tends to take a great artist and colorist.

That's a good rundown on things as far as their powers go. It really depends on who is writing them and for how long (or how long Lorna is in limbo between each "power check"). Unfortunately, Lorna was powered down to fit on X-Factor when she returned from space accompanied by a major regression in skills which remained consistent with ANXF. Metal bending, while I have nothing against that application of their abilities, is disappointing when we remember what other abilities that were somewhat common and seem to have been lost in recent years. She can still lose battles with her full toolkit or most of it even, but it would be nice to see a move away from pure metal bending.
    Well yes in space her power was vast, but regressed to doing simple things on a grand scale. I would say it was similar in skill level, but a step down power wise on X-Factor Investigations. Where her power level and skill really took a dip into straight metal bending was ANXF. I suspect that was in part because the team was already so powered they could take the Uncanny Avengers pound for pound. Though I think you are right she could have still lost battles while being shown to have a more in depth tool kit at her disposal.

The high point of her power and skill was early last decade wasn't on Genosha. If one goes back to Magneto Dark Seduction it showed a mild boost in her skill level, but her power level was pretty low. It was after the Genoshan genocide when she was on the X-Men officially, but she was having trouble coming to terms with life after the genocide that we started seeing her do quite a few new power tricks.

It felt like she from 2005 onward got less mature in a lot of ways and I am not just talking about her powers, but on the plus side in the preview art we have seen of Magneto she is looking more mature and you can see the weight on her shoulders. Of course she just lost most of her family in one retcon so I am sure that is weighing on her as it is Magneto perhaps more then even the world ending.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-18-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

The Shiar costume is so elegant, it's my favorite.
    Also, those preview pages look even better when colored. I like range of emotion the artist shows in Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    The Shiar costume is so elegant, it's my favorite.
    Also, those preview pages look even better when colored. I like range of emotion the artist shows in Lorna.
    Yes, the range of emotion is quite good with Lorna going from heart broken to Magneto making her feel a bit better back to heart broken all the while Magneto looks heart broken as well.

Regarding the Shi'ar outfit it's a really good one, though beyond I suspect the abilities of other then the top artists to get right. I suspect I would have a higher opinion of it if I had a higher opinion of the era she wore it for as a character. It's a bit hard when her scenes with it on other then on rare occasion were pretty bad.

BTW: in the Proteus Saga in 1979 and 1980 the artist had her put on her classic uniform as in the original with the gold headdress so in that era she would alternate between her Shi'ar and classic costume.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Don't worry if she does something morally questionable like working with her father to try to save all life in the universe I am certain Havok will just pass it off as her being nuts.

PAD went out of his way to make Alex look bad, and any of those thoughts were only in PAD's X-Factor alone and not mentioned anywhere else so that's something that'll probably be completely ignored by future writers anyway...and not simply because I don't like it...

As for Lorna and her uniforms/looks, I'd rather she get her own look and it not be anything like Magneto's, all green doesn't look good, she needs more of a black or dark purple or something like that...

Cullen Bunn interview on Marvel.com

Bunn: With the world coming to an end, Magneto won't be spending too much time on Genosha. You'll still see some of the island nation, but not a lot!

A big chunk of Magneto's final days will be taking place in New York City. That said, you'll be seeing a number of other locales, too, including Magneto's very first island headquarters!

Yeah, as with every issue, we'll be seeing a number of flashbacks that have helped to shape Magneto's life.

I don't want to say too much about the enemies he's facing. In the end, he's facing the event itself--the end of everything. In order to face that, he'll have to be wield more power than he has ever had before.

Well, there's a point in this story where Polaris tells Magneto that he has always pretty much sucked when it comes to being a father. And that's true. He's terrible at it, because he's always so focused on his mission. But he is trying. And Lorna is willing to give him the chance. That sums up the relationship pretty well, I think.

Some... but we're going to be seeing how Magneto feels about that [the retcon of Wanda and Pietro's parentage] primarily through how he feels about Lorna. You also have to keep in mind, even if he isn't related to them by blood, he's seen them as his children for a long time. It's hard to shake those feelings.

Briar still has a very important role to play. And, yes, her motivations will be revealed. The revelation... and Magneto's reaction... will be the centerpiece of issue 20.

In issue 18, we see Magneto's first meeting with Namor--the clash of the super-egos!--and that will take place at Magneto's "uncharted island headquarters."

I don't want to say too much about the enemies he's facing. In the end, he's facing the event itself--the end of everything. In order to face that, he'll have to be wield more power than he has ever had before.

Shhh. I can't tell you that. Polaris and Namor are the big ones [characters appearing] (that I'm willing to reveal) but you will see some others.

The horror has already caught up with Magneto in recent issues, but he's not going to have an easy go of it. This arc is interesting to me, though, because Magneto has struggled to protect mutants for so long. Now, as he is fighting to save mutants from the end of the world, he is also fighting to save humanity.

Their [Lorna and Briar's] big interaction is in issue 20.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24461/...at_cullen_bunn
    The statements in brackets are from me so you understand what he is talking about as he was responding to fan questions.

82% of fans who showed up for the interview voted for Genosha a their favorite base for Magneto with only 9% voting for Asteroid M. It makes sense as Asteroid M was a long time ago and it was always too small IMHO to have a thriving mutant community. A few thousand mutants sure, but on Genosha you can and did have millions of mutants as well as humans working together and sometimes fighting, thus creating alot of interesting politics.

Ultimate Member

I still fear that Lorna will get burned in the end, Magneto may have the best of intentions with his kids some of the time...but that type of thing usually ends up with them getting burned...and when Magneto tries to be a good father usually death and destruction follow in his wake...

Soooo much more excited for this now!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lorna Dane / Polaris
    by FURRbuster

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Lorna-...aris-526016764

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!