Page 203 of 745 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 11164
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Sainthood and slaughter. There you go again with the hyperbole. After a while, these words lose their meaning when you casually throw them out without ever addressing anything challenging your views. That is what I mean by your posts being meaningless. It's not meant as an insult, just a critique to help strengthen your future arguments.

He's just a troll poster..he proved that a long time ago. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    He's just a troll poster..he proved that a long time ago. Lol.
    I have a bad feeling there's going to be a response to this...hahaha

Oh, and Polaris rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    LOL we sure do...but some people really like that and are stuck in the 90's or even earlier when Lorna's world was very different. The past 15 years has been a big what-if for them.
    It was a different world for Lorna 18 years ago.

But, the ideas on how to develop Lorna going forward were being tested ironically in Havok's only solo title he has had when he fell into the Mutant X universe.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-08-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Speaking of that it's time to go to the AU teams Lorna has been on.

The Six

I figured the best way to start is where I ended the last post. Mutant X Lorna, 616 Havok, and Mutant X Magneto in 1998-2001 make up for a team of mutants in the Mutant X universe.

Lorna is a teenager, but strong beyond her years. We first hear about her in 1998 and see her in 1999. This version of Lorna lived with Pietro, Wanda and Quicksilver from the time they were pretty young.

Obviously a certain 616 Summers brother has a strange time with things.

In 2001 Mutant X Lorna dies.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-08-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Brotherhood

In term of 616 Lorna the question is at times asked by some was the Mesmero and Lorna team was a iteration of the Brotherhood? I would say based on the evidence my answer leans toward no. Magneto in the story is retconned to being a robot a year later.

Alternate future Brotherhood

On Xavier's deathbed in 70 years the X-Men and Brotherhood join forces and deal with the issue of their own mortality.

Alternate Past Brotherhood

The world with a different iteration of the first Brotherhood coming out of the 12 Saga.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-08-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Jeff Parker's Exiles

A sassy mouth and quicked tongued Lorna from the great ideas cut short department.

This is a rough and tumble early 20 something version of Lorna that was from a world devastated by Sentinels. This version of Lorna is best described as liking to work hard, but play much harder.

Ultimate Member

Funny how some feel fine calling other trolls and their views pathetic but then bristle at even the idea that they might be wrong about anything...and I remember plenty of people telling me and everyone else that if Lorna could get away from Alex everything would be great for her and she'd be so great without him...now like a decade later...we're still waiting for the most part and they want more time...never happy...

I don't exist in the early 90's, only know that for the most part that time is a fair bit better than much of what we've gotten recently...

Nice of the two of you to gang up on me and call me names...sounds like the actions of trolls more than me but I won't stoop to your level...

Ultimate Polaris and the Academy of Tomorrow

Scott and Havok's girlfriend is an optimistic young teen who is romantically conflicted.

Ultimate Magneto tries to get her to join him telling her killing innocent humans is an act of love She calls Ultimate Magneto a stupid name and calls her fat and he beats her with a chair. Later he kills her after his decision to play God by wiping out life on Earth.

BANNED

Don't mean to pile on, BUT...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ... sadly a good chunk of her popularity now is because of her being Magneto's daughter...
    ... how is this a BAD thing?! And why does it seem... ONLY, in Polaris' case? I mean, other characters gain more fame & recognition by way of their connections ALL the time, and always have since... FOREVER! Like, oh, IDK... say... Alex Summers, for instance.

So what's the big deal, and why's it such a problem, w/Lorna & Mags? I get that you don't like him, but... he's not the reason her & Havok aren't together anymore, ya know, or why she's moved on. It's about her, nobody else, not her estranged father... and CERTAINLY not an eX-BOYfriend! And I've often wondered, if THIS:

... I remember her thread before... did respectably well but then got a lot more visits and posts after...
    ... has always been the REAL point of contention, jealously over the attention she's now getting. A level of notoriety just being with Alex never gave her. That in some ways, Lorna may be overshadowing her former lover, which is unacceptable 'cause Polaris is the... female half, of the Havolaris whole, you SO nostalgically treasure & pine for.

... only ever said... the view... a main couple like Alex and Lorna or Scott and Jean... would never be together again as a couple, I just called the "never" part stupid...
    Conversely, would you consider someone saying they "will" be together again, equally as stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33
    I don't throw the terms like sainthood around, only that when people attack me they claim that I view Alex as nearly being a saint or as close to perfection as one can get and I've never viewed him like that, just that when he's compared to Magneto in terms of their bodycount the difference is ridiculously one sided against Magneto...for all that Alex has done wrong none of it comes anywhere near Magneto's list of sins...and I don't mean the religious type of sins...Magneto has slaughtered people in the past, I'm not making that up...he's done it more than once and without any compulsion about murdering innocents along with those that he was fighting against and such...

My guess is that when a writer that is not Bunn has Lorna espouse a view about Magneto that isn't in line with what you and others like there'll be a fair amount of posts here about how wrong that writer is and how that's not how she should or does see Magneto and just pointing out that for all the flak that I get it's the same coming from many here every time that Lorna does something that they don't like but that the two instances are somehow very different...
    Don't attack Bunn he by in large gave you what you wanted in Last Days and we both know you pushed hard for months for a nieve Lorna who gets used again and you didn't in the end buy it and after you just attacked him for it after and used it as your evidence Lorna should have nothing to do with Magneto.

Frankly you do this thing and always have where it's Magneto or Alex choose and then talk about Magneto as a slaughterer it's going to really piss off Magneto fans. You talk about him like frankly Ultimate Magneto who really is 'a slaughterer' and the monster who would kill Lorna as you have called 616 Magneto.

I will just say this ten years ago there was a lot of reasonable debate on Lorna's romantic life here on CBR, but by interlinking it with your view on Lorna and Magneto's relationship as you do create hostility with a false choice its Magneto or Alex choose.

Obviously there is going to be some contention between Alex and Magneto when they are together, but it's not a either/or choice you frame it as.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-08-2017 at 09:20 PM.

BANNED

When it comes to the Daughter of M, my 2 MOST favorite Lornas in recent memory (since space, probably), ARE:

... EASILY!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-08-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

I've never said one word against Bunn and I'm not about to start now, he's a good writer but last I checked I can freely not like every single little thing that he writes and nothing that I've said here was against him...I hated a lot of what PAD wrote while he wrote the recent X-Factor however I never made it personal against him. The problem Heroine Addict is that some don't love Lorna for who she is they love her only because or more she's Magneto's daughter, like she wasn't good enough until that happened...it's like a person is cool as long as they have a certain job but then if that person was to be fired from said job much of that attention would be gone very quickly. I've never said that Magneto was the reason that they're not together now and last I checked Lorna hadn't moved on as she was still very single as was Alex once the whole Wasp marriage was done away with...I don't see how saying that they will be together is anything close to stupid, I've never put a timetable on it and it pretty much only comes up when people say that it'll never happen again.

As for connections most of the time Alex is either just ignored or barely mentioned. When Marvel brought Corsair back to life he came back to Earth, picked up the teen Scott and then left again...all without even bothering to say hi to Alex, and even back in X-Cutioner's Song Stryfe put up a barrier that would only let in those that had Summers blood...when Alex went through it he was very nearly knocked out, like getting kicked by a mule even though he was every bit of a member of the Summers family as Scott...Alex has been used yeah but mostly treated like crap over and over again...

I think that the 616 Magneto's list of deaths caused by him is one of tops in all of Marvel, he's murdered thousands upon thousands, and before anyone says then why didn't other heroes and such try to stop him because unless it needed...remember a few years ago when New York was trashed in the X-verse...but only in the X-verse...

Again I was told for years that if she could only get away from Alex everything would be roses for Lorna...only for it to not have panned out that, as for Lorna I've never once viewed her as just Alex's girlfriend and don't have a problem at all with her getting attention...more than once I've voiced that I wanted she and Alex to co lead a team written as equals, get enough characters to choose from and they'd be able to have Lorna lead for an entire arc where Alex wouldn't even show up in that arc...

By wanting Lorna to form a new "brotherhood" it is having her following in Magneto's footsteps, she can have a relationship with him but it doesn't mean that she has to follow him around and go wherever he goes...and no I don't want her to just follow Alex around either, but all of those grand statements about how great things would be if Lorna and Alex weren't together have for the most part fallen flat...and that some Magneto fans seem to want to make up for all of those lost years that Magneto caused to be lost in the first place...some Magneto fans seem to think that if she and Alex are together that he'll keep her from having much of anything in terms of a relationship with Magneto...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    When it comes to the Daughter of M, my 2 MOST favorite Lornas in recent memory (since space, probably), ARE:

... EASILY!
    They were both really great. Do you have any other pictures of Lorna from issue 8? Especially the ones with her face shaded? Those were top notch.

But, yah the renderings on SW HoM were really good.

By wanting Lorna to form a new "brotherhood" it is having her following in Magneto's footsteps, she can have a relationship with him but it doesn't mean that she has to follow him around and go wherever he goes
    I didn't argue for Lorna leading a new Brotherhood and hanging around dad, nor would I want him hanging around and leading from behind like happened on Genosha. I would like to see Lorna lead a team from her moral and philosophical vantage point as well as personality and ideas while Magneto plays Headmaster. I wanted it as Lorna could use a team that gets some appearances across the x-line and even the Avengers that stands for something people have to think about.

This could be any team really Brotherhood, X-Force, X-Men, or a new name, it doesn't matter the name only the goal.

It doesn't seem that the current iteration of the Brotherhood is right for Lorna as in they aren't fighting for a mutant home land it seems or trying to protect mutants and so far they have an Ultimate Brotherhood blood and terror feel to them from interviews.

It looks like only kind of team that Lorna would join if she was a mind slave again so I wouldn't want it to happen unless there is some catch.. Both Lorna and Magneto have pretty solid moral limits and violence against civilians for the sake of chaos does not comport with their thinking.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-08-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Her moral and philosophical vantage point varies with the writer and not all will have her view Magneto in the same way that Bunn has...they could always form a more mutant centric version of a team like Excalibur was, a UN based team, as for violence against civilians Magneto is more than willing to allow civilians to die if he accomplishes his goal where as Lorna would at least try to save them and if nothing else minimize the number that died...

As of now given the characters that aren't in the upcoming books you could make a pretty good to great team out of that with Lorna as one of the leaders...