Page 204 of 745 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 11164
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ... The problem Heroine Addict is that some don't love Lorna for who she is they love her only because or more she's Magneto's daughter, like she wasn't good enough until that happened...
    I'm sorry, but that's complete & utter bullshit. Again, SO WHAT?! There's NOTHING wrong with that, it's totally natural & perfectly OK. If they're into her, they're into her, it doesn't matter why or when. What's it to you, and who are you to judge anyway? Last I knew, there's no friggin' litmus test for who's a real fan or not, no approval that needs be met.

The problem you speak of, is yours... and yours alone, I'm afraid. You don't know for sure that they don't love Lorna for who she is, or that she wasn't good enough until she was reestablished as his daughter, all THAT... is in... YOUR OWN HEAD!!! Those are just ASSUMPTIONS, you've made, based off nothing more than pure speculation!

And if a potential Polaris fan only takes notice of her at first 'cause of who her dad is, BUT... then ends up liking & becoming interested in her as a result, wherein they wouldn't have had otherwise, there's NO amount of spin that's gonna turn THAT into a negative.

I personally think it DOES make her more interesting, and more compelling. Question is... why does that particular form of opinion, seem to BOTHER you SO much?!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-09-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Ultimate Member

My problem is that were those fans fans of hers before she became his daughter or only after...I don't have a problem with those that became fans of hers after learning that she's his daughter but became fans of her by herself, so then it's fine to be friends with someone because of who their father or mother is more than anything about them...it's like saying that it's fine for people to be into a female character simply because she runs around in practically nothing...thankfully Lorna doesn't but...

Magneto fans seem to think that he's so deserving of having a nice happy family and that he's not the main reason that his family has been so messed up over the years, all in all he's a terrible father who's tried to murder his own kids more than once...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They were both really great. Do you have any other pictures of Lorna from issue 8? Especially the ones with her face shaded? Those were top notch.

But, yah the renderings on SW HoM were really good.

They were, and I love the above scene in particular. And I do! Pretty sure I have every full page she appeared on now, in GIANT size no less, lol... just in case. Funny you should mention it actually, 'cause I've been feelin' the urge to make a 2nd tribute montage to our glorious green goddess, sooner rather than later. So shouldn't take me too long, maybe the neXt day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's complete & utter bullshit. Again, SO WHAT?! There's NOTHING wrong with that, it's totally natural & perfectly OK. If they're into her, they're into her, it doesn't matter why or when. What's it to you, and who are you to judge anyway? Last I knew, there's no friggin' litmus test for who's a real fan or not, no approval that needs be met.

The problem you speak of, is yours... and yours alone, I'm afraid. You don't know for sure that they don't love Lorna for who she is, or that she wasn't good enough until she was reestablished as his daughter, all THAT... is in... YOUR OWN HEAD!!! Those are just ASSUMPTIONS, you've made, based off nothing more than pure speculation!

And if a potential Polaris fan only takes notice of her at first 'cause of who her dad is, BUT... then ends up liking & becoming interested in her as a result, wherein they wouldn't have had otherwise, there's NO amount of spin that's gonna turn THAT into a negative.

I personally think it DOES make her more interesting, and more compelling. Question is... why does that particular form of opinion, seem to BOTHER you SO much?!
    Logan's interest for Lorna is solely Lorna being Havok domestic love muffin and views all other connections to the character as things in the way of that as in the way of that which need to be snuffed out. I was vastly more open to their relationship before he went full in with his battle against Lorna's other connections. Anytime there is a good moment for Lorna like Deadpool 8 and it's not a good Havolaris moment something similar happens.

He was at war with her connection with Bobby too once upon a time until the gay revel then viewed him as no longer a threat to take up panel time with Lorna.

I don't care that he likes Havolaris, but he closed my mind to them as a relationship with how he has gone about it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-09-2017 at 06:10 AM.

BANNED

I don't get the slick slimy attitude about her being Magneto's daughter. Her being Havok's girlfriend and being the #1 sidekick in X Factor was not compelling reading. Let's be real...the only time Havok was halfway interesting in the last 20 years was when they did that Dark Beast version of the Brotherhood with Fatale. That was it. He was always complaining about his brother and had confidence issues as a leader of a secondary team. Very boring. One dimensional. Now take Lorna Dane for instance..when was it time for Wanda to answer for DisAssembled and Pietro pushed her into the House of M set up, everything was wonderful. They ruled the world and Lorna was the ultra innocent in all of it because it was Pietro's scheme and Wanda's power but Lorna actually was loving her life as Princess of Genosha and as Magneto's definite right hand heir. I always think of the scene when she hugs him in Issue #5 of House of M about it "being his day" and all of that. She looks so animated and entertaining.

The Hysteries

What happens when you get Marvel's three first female mutants at their most extreme and pluck them out of space time to defend Mother Earth? Well, this AU team answers that question.

The last Genoshan

Lorna in WATXM her only appearance comes in two forms.

Future Lorna who built a massive metal fortress for herself out of what remains of Genosha after it was wiped out. We see a Lorna broken, but not defeated who isolates herself from the world and creates a no go zone for Sentinels. This Lorna manages to do something 616 Lorna never has been shown to do of altering electronics to build and program her own machines.

Present Day Genoshan royal family WATXM

This version of Lorna is young, but has the urge to get out and explore the world. She is most certainly sheltered as in this reality she grew up on Genosha and is overprotected by her father and sister.

Lorna in this reality has a good if adversarial relationship to Wanda and Pietro.

X-Men 90s animated series X-Factor Lorna

They say break ups aren't easy and in this case Lorna is ice cold. She decides to break relationship with Iceman by faking her own death/disappearance leading Bobby to hunt for her and get in trouble in the process.

In the end her fake out is because she is too scared to confront Bobby that she is dating Scott's brother.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-09-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Man I hated her hair in that series

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I like Mike Carey as a writer, but seeing Lorna stutter still bugs the hell out of me. It was pretty OOC imo.

BANNED

... I don't have a problem with those that became fans of hers after learning that she's his daughter but became fans of her by herself, so then it's fine to be friends with someone because of who their father or mother is more than anything about them...
    Um, yeah, conflating potential REAL LIFE, moral dilemma scenarios... with reasons why fans of FICTIONAL characters should or shouldn't (AS IF!!) be considered "WORTHY", i.e., genuine & pure (BARF!)?... Pretty silly tact to take, when defending POV's in THESE types of situations, if ya ask me. Or more pointedly, negligible arguments of little to no merit, born out of frustration from desperation... IMO, of course.

... it's like saying that it's fine for people to be into a female character simply because she runs around in practically nothing...thankfully Lorna doesn't but...
    Wow, had to take it there, huh? This for some reason, and your pattern of previous related comments--like the recent "Dazzler must not like wearing a bra" thing, in her app thread, over some rather busty custom figs no less--I find bothersome, as I've been sensing some possibly... misogynistic undertones? Hope I'm wrong 'bout that, 'cause it's not healthy, for you or society as a whole. Not to mention, neither righteous NOR honorable, TO SAY THE LEAST!

... Magneto fans seem to think that he's so deserving of having a nice happy family and that he's not the main reason that his family has been so messed up over the years, all in all he's a terrible father who's tried to murder his own kids more than once...
    They do, WHO, which ones? Ya know, I now think I might've been readin' this wrong the WHOLE time. Maybe it's never really been about Lorna & that dead weight dullard, Alex... < YOUR fault, ya drove me to it... ... you champion so.

Maybe the TRUE thorn in your side, is you can't get past your seemingly very personal, visceral contempt... the almost blind, boiling rage you apparently feel, towards Magneto? Which seems kinda like a hypocritical bias to have, considering you're a Logan fan. I mean, how do you rationalize his killings, but then condemn them elsewhere with such uncompromising indignation?

Or is it that on some level, you think the Master of Magnetism's rise to prominence & popularity--more than ever now even, in the modern X-era--somehow threatens what you think is the same niche, that Logan's carved out for himself, had a stranglehold on, & has occupied, over most the franchise's many years?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-09-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I like Mike Carey as a writer, but seeing Lorna stutter still bugs the hell out of me. It was pretty OOC imo.
    I think he was was going for her in shock there, but no it didn't come off great. In the end after over a half decade in space and lost in space for two years I was just happy with her return. But, yes the series could have used a bit more Lorna and it came off a bit too much shall we say a early 20s Lorna. It was a bit of an issue I had with Last Days too.

It was a bit sucky after going off on their own they needed to be saved, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They were both really great. Do you have any other pictures of Lorna from issue 8? Especially the ones with her face shaded? Those were top notch.

But, yah the renderings on SW HoM were really good.

Sigh, just makes me hate the retcon even more...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Um, yeah, conflating potential REAL LIFE, moral dilemma scenarios... with reasons why fans of FICTIONAL characters should or shouldn't (AS IF!!) be considered "WORTHY", i.e., genuine & pure (BARF!)?... Pretty silly tact to take, when defending POV's in THESE types of situations, if ya ask me. Or more pointedly, negligible arguments of little to no merit, born out of frustration from desperation... IMO, of course.

Wow, had to take it there, huh? This for some reason, and your pattern of previous related comments--like the recent "Dazzler must not like wearing a bra" thing, in her app thread, over some rather busty custom figs no less--I find bothersome, as I've been sensing some possibly... misogynistic undertones? Hope I'm wrong 'bout that, 'cause it's not healthy, for you or society as a whole. Not to mention, neither righteous NOR honorable, TO SAY THE LEAST!

They do, WHO, which ones? Ya know, I now think I might've been readin' this wrong the WHOLE time. Maybe it's never really been about Lorna & that dead weight dullard, Alex... < YOUR fault, ya drove me to it... ... you champion so.

Maybe the TRUE thorn in your side, is you can't get past your seemingly very personal, visceral contempt... the almost blind, boiling rage you apparently feel, towards Magneto? Which seems kinda like a hypocritical bias to have, considering you're a Logan fan. I mean, how do you rationalize his killings, but then condemn them elsewhere with such uncompromising indignation?

Or is it that on some level, you think the Master of Magnetism's rise to prominence & popularity--more than ever now even, in the modern X-era--somehow threatens what you think is the same niche, that Logan's carved out for himself, had a stranglehold on, & has occupied, over most the franchise's many years?
    What does a joke I made about a few custom figures in another thread have to do with Lorna, your statement is that you don't care why a person would want to be your friend as long as they do...nothing misogynistic about the comment about the Dazzler figures-whether they were busty or not had nothing to do with the comment so don't try and label me as something that I'm not...and if I was so misogynistic would I want Lorna, Siryn, and Psylocke to be leaders of teams...somehow I doubt it if what you're saying was true. Again I've never once viewed Lorna as the #1 girlfriend. As for the Deadpool moment I didn't say that it wasn't a good moment or two for Lorna, only that the version of her in that is like a character from a post apocalyptic story, the character wouldn't be the same without the horrible event that happened to make them that way and that it isn't likely to happen now so she's not going to be exactly like that version of the character and the House of M version is like a fairy tale for Magneto lovers because he got everything that he wanted...

Never said that Wolverine hasn't killed a lot of people and yeah you could say murdered some, but his list is populated by far more people that all tried to kill him outright, Logan doesn't have the power to kill hundreds of people at once like Magneto does and has done and then not care about it. From day one of me being an X-fan Magneto was their archenemy, that's just the way it is...so his rise to prominence and popularity happened before I was even born so I long ago accepted it and moved on, just not willing to accept people attempts to whitewash his past as well he had to murder those hundreds of thousands of people or they don't matter because he's cool now...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 02-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.