Page 214 of 745 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 11164

Ultimate Member

Nice art on the bottom pic...

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Polaris-511486793

A good day for art and sketch cards.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-14-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Just a quick question, I know how Magneto's helmet stays on but how does Lorna's facemask or whatever it is stay on as I don't see any straps...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just a quick question, I know how Magneto's helmet stays on but how does Lorna's facemask or whatever it is stay on as I don't see any straps...
    Well there's a simple explanation for that....uh........a wizard did it? Far too complex for YOU to understand!
    Not like me. I know stuff...

I would hazard a guess it would be the same way HoM Lorna managed to keep pieces of metal attached to her body in impossible positions.

The one thing that hasn't made sense is why 616 Lorna hasn't got around to installing psychic protection in her headgear/half helmet.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-14-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Either her powers or that belt is on extremely tight and would cut of circulation if she wore it long enough...then again that version of Lorna could be more powerful or adept at her powers and maybe her body just exuded a magnetic field all its own and that kept the outfit where it was...though that outfit probably took forever to get on and off...

Yeah the headgear there's pretty much no straps or anything showing so it'd have to be her powers or something like that keeping it on...

Either her powers or that belt is on extremely tight and would cut of circulation if she wore it long enough...then again that version of Lorna could be more powerful or adept at her powers and maybe her body just exuded a magnetic field all its own and that kept the outfit where it was...though that outfit probably took forever to get on and off...

Yeah the headgear there's pretty much no straps or anything showing so it'd have to be her powers or something like that keeping it on...
    Her body must even when it's young exuded its own magnetic field or she would have died in the plane crash she caused or a dozens of other incidents like getting hit by a tree by Juggernaut sans main shields.

On occasion it's looked like a half helmet which in space didn't look so good... now that might have stayed up on its own.

In Deadpool they pulled off the half helmet look.

http://properwave.tumblr.com/post/15...-magneta-there

Still the one thing that hasn't made sense is why 616 Lorna hasn't got around to installing psychic protection in her headgear/half helmet. After bring mentally controlled nearly a dozen or so times you would have thought she would have by now.

Ultimate Member

Maybe it involves more than just tech to work in one form or another, I mean Magneto has done all of that training to resists telepaths and such, maybe all of that tech would have made it impossible for her headgear to stay on...especially one that big...

Maybe it involves more than just tech to work in one form or another, I mean Magneto has done all of that training to resists telepaths and such, maybe all of that tech would have made it impossible for her headgear to stay on...especially one that big...
    I sort of doubt that given the tech whatever it is in Magneto's helmet is so small it can't be seen and was never properly explained my guess is it's the metal itself combined with Magneto using his own willpower and powers. Remember brainwaves are electromagnetic and he has blocked Jean's powers using his.

Does Magneto's helmet have special circuitry to prevent telepathic intrusion, or is it due to it being special metal and/or his pyschic resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does Magneto's helmet have special circuitry to prevent telepathic intrusion, or is it due to it being special metal and/or his pyschic resistance?
    He has circuitry in his helmet, but how much of that is for dealing with telepathic intruders and how much of it is for other things as seen in the first X-Men vs Avengers mini is unknown. Special metal vs tech... well that is unknown, but Lorna should know it as she spent much of a year Marvel time with him and it's not like she can't sense different types of metal and electronics.

Thanks, jmc247.

I prefer Lorna with a headress like her original one so that it appears different than Wanda's in style as well as color. I don't want pretty Lorna with a big clunky Magneto helmet and I don't think she is wary of Telepaths trying to read her mind like her old man was from the beginning.

Actually, I really like Lorna's original costume and headress a lot! I never understood the skulls on it, but hey! It was the sixties!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks, jmc247.

I prefer Lorna with a headress like her original one so that it appears different than Wanda's in style as well as color. I don't want pretty Lorna with a big clunky Magneto helmet and I don't think she is wary of Telepaths trying to read her mind like her old man was from the beginning.

Actually, I really like Lorna's original costume and headress a lot! I never understood the skulls on it, but hey! It was the sixties!
    You don't think she is weary about being mind controlled? She has had several issues about her being emotionally scarred by it after well over a half dozen or so times it's happened. Lorna was mind controlled for years in the 70s and 80s. I think she has bigger scars now, but it was her big scar of the 90s.

I get you don't like the helmet look, I do like the look on occasion and the tira look on occasion, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything for mental protection one way or the other. She just clearly doesn't have protection now.

We don't know exactly what protects Magneto about his helmet for certain, we know willpower is part of it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-15-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

Maybe being possessed and what Mastermind did to her has left her "damaged" in that respect and maybe there is tech in the tiara or whatever to protect her only she's just not telling anyone...