Page 218 of 745 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 11164
    BANNED

Alex himself has never been written as an A list character, and he is generally kept out of Limbo and not even really even mentioned as an X-Man. That's partially why a lot of Polaris fans are more interested in Lorna's status as Magneto's daughter, or as the sister to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch (whenever that retcon is undone). There are simply a lot more stories that can come from her being a member of Magneto's family. As for Lorna being more like him, well he's an A list character. Her being written more like him would help her a lot. Notice that all major characters from the X-Men that are huge are bad to some degree. Jean Grey, Magik, Wolverine, X-23, Sabretooth, Emma Frost, etc. The writers have more fun writing characters that are bad to some degree. Notice Lorna's last major push is when she went crazy and ruthless and was revealed to be Magneto's daughter.

Havok went into obsecurity when they made him into Captain America's goody two shoes puppet, while Rogue, the confrontation mutant girl on the team, ended up becoming leader.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ... I don't see them on the same course...
    LOL! Well, I DO, and that's all that matters... to me.

BANNED

... It's just that some here seem to think that the only way that she can become a strong character is to basically be just like her father or as close as she can to him and copy what he did with few if any exceptions...
    YES! That's EXACTLY RIGHT!! BOO-HOO, get over it!

Ultimate Member

And then they did much the same with Rogue to where people want her back with the X-men, it's your opinion that being written more like Magneto would help her a lot, my view is that it could but it could also hurt her a lot as well as he doesn't have a warm and fuzzy history with his kids. There's bad and then there's BAD, for the most part those that you mentioned have been bad but not BAD, unlike Magneto. As far as Laura goes none of it is her fault and Sabretooth has been very BAD over the years and he's about to get shunted off to a side book where he won't be a major character...not that he really was in Bunn's book though...I've never had a problem with Lorna having a bit of darkness within her, my only point about it was that I never saw her as having nearly as much as Magneto and Lorna being a version of Magneto that wasn't blinded by their vision. Alex over the years has gotten some good bits of writing over the years.

Her status as Magneto's daughter seems to be all that she is now, as if she doesn't exist outside of that, all of her appearances over the last few years have been about that...they don't have to make up for lost time...there are a lot of stories, good well written stories, that can have her and Alex together as well and again that doesn't keep her from having anything to do with Magneto, and as for the reverse of that when those that want her with Magneto do seem to exclude Alex from any of it, they want her to follow Magneto around and have nothing to do with Alex at all...

But again like I said I believe that Domino has mentioned Magneto from time to time, though I doubt to many of those times have been positive views on him...

Nice double posting there Heroine...doesn't mean that your views are any more right than mine, you just like to yell yours...

BANNED

... Alex would make anything or everything greater, only that I've never wanted her to copy him or be just like him...
    And what would that be, 30X33, what is Alex "like"?

Ultimate Member

That doesn't even make sense as I've never said that I wanted her to be just like Alex...

BANNED

... as for the reverse of that when those that want her with Magneto do seem to exclude Alex from any of it... and have nothing to do with Alex at all...
    You can thank yourself for that. .... Quiet enough for ya?

BANNED

That doesn't even make sense as I've never said that I wanted her to be just like Alex...
    Of course it makes sense, you just didn't understand it. I asked what is Alex like, SO... what's he like?! Who is he, as a character, to you? What would you say, are some of his more outstanding personality traits?... Comprende?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-16-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Oh man, those 90's scans of a wrecked Lorna are just awful! The artwork makes it even worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Oh man, those 90's scans of a wrecked Lorna are just awful! The artwork makes it even worse!
    They had an idea in the 90s of Lorna being everywoman. Logan can pretend Lorna being assulted successful by someone not at all in her weight class power wise was a late 90s thing, but it was not.

I understand why the writers of the 90s went for the plotline idea. After all Lorna was arguably the least heroic of the Claremont era x-women a super character that walked away from saving lives be they Mutant or human and spent two decades just trying to live as Havok's domestic non-married housewife. Yes, she went bad in that period, but as a mental slave to other characters so it wasn't like she was even a good villain unlike Emma, Mystique or Magneto.

That left the idea of her being everywomen and everywoman deals with issues like being assulted sexually and otherwise and being put in the hospital.

But, people don't follow characters to read everywoman, they read comics for the fantasy and escapism and occasionally for a thought provoking story so the everyone ideas of the 90s didn't help things for Lorna.

Alex himself has never been written as an A list character, and he is generally kept out of Limbo and not even really even mentioned as an X-Man. That's partially why a lot of Polaris fans are more interested in Lorna's status as Magneto's daughter, or as the sister to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch (whenever that retcon is undone). There are simply a lot more stories that can come from her being a member of Magneto's family. As for Lorna being more like him, well he's an A list character. Her being written more like him would help her a lot. Notice that all major characters from the X-Men that are huge are bad to some degree. Jean Grey, Magik, Wolverine, X-23, Sabretooth, Emma Frost, etc. The writers have more fun writing characters that are bad to some degree. Notice Lorna's last major push is when she went crazy and ruthless and was revealed to be Magneto's daughter.
    Fans and even writers deep down want characters that are more then the mundane. Lorna was created as a character that wasn't supposed to be ordinary, but she fell into a personality and life that was the anti-Storm and Jean and certainly the anti-Emma and Mystique.

That was not Lorna as she was originally intended. I believe this book put it best.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-16-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

When did I ever call Lorna a simple everywoman, want her as anybody's housewife, or want her sexually assaulted by anyone...never...

I've always felt that Alex had the ability to be a great leader, he cared deeply about his teammates...maybe a bit to much, felt that he had a lot to live up to, he's deeply loyal, he's more intelligent and is a better tactician than most here give him credit for, he's got far more of a sense of humor than Scott, he doesn't need the X-world to be happy...for starters...

Now Heroine I'm guessing that you and others will attack everything I said and cherry pick only Alex's worst moments...

When did I ever call Lorna a simple everywoman, want her as anybody's housewife, or want her sexually assaulted by anyone...never...

I've always felt that Alex had the ability to be a great leader, he cared deeply about his teammates...maybe a bit to much, felt that he had a lot to live up to, he's deeply loyal, he's more intelligent and is a better tactician than most here give him credit for, he's got far more of a sense of humor than Scott, he doesn't need the X-world to be happy...for starters...

Now Heroine I'm guessing that you and others will attack everything I said and cherry pick only Alex's worst moments...
    Logan I wasn't going to be as nasty about it as some of the others, but you distorting what I said convinced me otherwise.

And you distort what I write constantly. I never said you want her to be everywomen. They were the writers for Lorna as character not they as in you. All I said about you is that you are pretending it was only a late 90s issue when it wasn't just the late 90s this had been going on.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-16-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

And you and others distort what I write constantly, the panels that you just used were from earlier than the 90's and I've never wanted her portrayed like that and I think that I've more than shown that I don't view Lorna as the writers that you attack do, and I never have, I liked Lorna from day one that she wasn't as mute as Jean could be and would speak her mind but you could tell she only did so out of love not arrogance and that she only wanted to help her friends and that Alex wasn't shown as always being right or even that he was trying to always be...the late 90's got worse for Lorna and just meant that the part of the 90's that I read didn't have Lorna getting assaulted like that...

And you and others distort what I write constantly, the panels that you just used were from earlier than the 90's and I've never wanted her portrayed like that and I think that I've more than shown that I don't view Lorna as the writers that you attack do, and I never have, I liked Lorna from day one that she wasn't as mute as Jean could be and would speak her mind but you could tell she only did so out of love not arrogance and that she only wanted to help her friends and that Alex wasn't shown as always being right or even that he was trying to always be...the late 90's got worse for Lorna and just meant that the part of the 90's that I read didn't have Lorna getting assaulted like that...
    Lorna getting her jaw broken and it looked like some teeth knocked out was from 1992 and the Sabertooth one from 1996.

For a supposed fan of 90s X-Factor Lorna you did miss a lot. But, I guess you saw what you wanted to see of the era.

Ultimate Member

No I just started in X-Factor after she got her jaw broke so that's why I didn't see that, and it's not like after the 90's it's been smooth sailing for Lorna either, and not because of Alex...