Page 345 of 745 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Yes, and the beauty of this is how writer after writer continues to build upon newer aspects of her unexplored family relationships while moving away from rehashing what we already know and have known for over 40 years with each appearance regarding her love life. Even with change in family membership, it stuck with the fans. You see them dressing up and taking family photos and increasing exposure of obscure Polaris. As a fan of Polaris, I appreciate the payoff that comes with years of waiting to see growth and development in a long-time supporting character that is normally reserved for core characters.
    Very much so it was a long time coming.

BANNED

... As a fan of Polaris, I appreciate the payoff that comes with years of waiting to see growth and development in a long-time supporting character that is normally reserved for core characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Very much so it was a long time coming.

VERY nice, thank you.

Happy Friday to you both, Heroine Addict and jmc247 and everyone else! The Age of Polaris is upon us.

Happy Friday to you both, Heroine Addict and jmc247 and everyone else! The Age of Polaris is upon us.
    The deal which avoided another TV and film writers strike was big. Now the show if ok'ed and it's ranked the second most likely pick up of the season by Hollywood Reporter can when ok'ed go to advertisers promising a full season compliment of episodes.

The X-Men Blue cover as well was certainly great to see in all its glory. Is shaping up to be quite the 50th birthday for Lorna next year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The deal which avoided another TV and film writers strike was big. Now the show if ok'ed and it's ranked the second most likely pick up of the season by Hollywood Reporter can when ok'ed go to advertisers promising a full season compliment of episodes.

The X-Men Blue cover as well was certainly great to see in all its glory. Is shaping up to be quite the 50th birthday for Lorna next year.
    YOU too, Siena! Thank YOU, JMC, & everybody, SO much!! YES, once again positive energy, all-around goodwill, & enthusiastic anticipation ABOUND, as for most... there seems to be some SERIOUS X-ResurrXion satisfaction, to finally be FOUND!!! And not just for Lorna fans, but the whole line right across the board, I think. I am so STOKED right now, and I haven't even read Jean Grey #1 yet, which I'm hearin' (spoiler-free) is pretty well-done also. PLUS, there's Blue 3 & 4 still to come, AND am gonna try dippin' my toe into Gold for the first time too. 'Cause... BIG score for #4 - Remy & CeCe Reyes will BOTH be there!! Then there's Jeen's 2nd ish, AND Gen X 1 maybe also, if I hear good things. HOLY, and that's just this month, JUNE's even MORE loaded with goodness! I've said it before & I'll say it again, can't remember when I've been this X-cited about X-Men comics, it's been THAT long. The urge to revisit my not-so-LCS... grows STRONGER!

I love this..."The Age of Polaris is upon us...!"

MI0001783679.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius

Age of Polaris is a pretty appropriate term given Polaris was created when "Age of Aquarius" was becoming a familiar term in the 1960s and 1970s, and this sort of cultural content is part of the base of her creation (alongside rising feminism).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Yes, and the beauty of this is how writer after writer continues to build upon newer aspects of her unexplored family relationships while moving away from rehashing what we already know and have known for over 40 years with each appearance regarding her love life. Even with change in family membership, it stuck with the fans.

You see them dressing up and taking family photos and increasing exposure of obscure Polaris. As a fan of Polaris, I appreciate the payoff that comes with years of waiting to see growth and development in a long-time supporting character that is normally reserved for core characters.
    It's not so simple to undo with the stroke of the pen fan feelings after over a decade of storytelling so yes Marvel hitting the reset button or more aptly taking a hammer to them hasn't changed fan views who continue to go to conventions and make commissions.

Magnus Family Portrait
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-05-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Ultimate Member

Or part of that could just be that for most of the characters involved that not much has happened since then so fans of the family cling to that series that much stronger...guess time to hope that what is to come lives up to the rabid expectations...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or part of that could just be that for most of the characters involved that not much has happened since then so fans of the family cling to that series that much stronger...guess time to hope that what is to come lives up to the rabid expectations...
    Haven't most of these characters been making appearances in books. There's no need to feel clingy just out of the absence of these characters. Most fans who like them as a family just seem to really like them as a family. And your talking about decades of continuity for some of these characters being family.

Ultimate Member

My point was more that mini or time period was the highlight of the characters last like decade of being well written and being a part of something big that the reader loved, since then Wanda and Pietro are now split off on their own leaving only Lorna as Magneto's kid, I'm not talking about the entirety of the characters history, only starting at that time period and moving forward...I've seen many Magneto fans that hate Pietro and put him down every chance that they get...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

My point was more that mini or time period was the highlight of the characters last like decade of being well written and being a part of something big that the reader loved, since then Wanda and Pietro are now split off on their own leaving only Lorna as Magneto's kid, I'm not talking about the entirety of the characters history, only starting at that time period and moving forward...I've seen many Magneto fans that hate Pietro and put him down every chance that they get...
    Why do you think Magneto fans hate Pietro?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

I don't think that all Magneto fans hate Pietro, only some vocal ones, especially back with the whole terrigen crystals business or whatever, I think that part of it...possibly because it's usually Pietro that directly confronts Magneto about things...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I don't think that all Magneto fans hate Pietro, only some vocal ones, especially back with the whole terrigen crystals business or whatever, I think that part of it...possibly because it's usually Pietro that directly confronts Magneto about things...
    True, he is kind of the biggest asshole of the family lol
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

Part of it as well is probably his personality is often grating to people, maybe it's that he looks a lot like Magneto if they're both drawn by the same artist at times, kind of like a situation where Magneto is king and all but has to worry about whether his kids are plotting against him and each other...which in their history wouldn't be that far of a stretch, leaving Lorna out for the most part of all of that...

As for Lorna I'm going to guess that being Magneto's daughter will be the big selling point for her as the network tries to promote the show, especially if Alex isn't in the show and no not because of the pairing but because then they could tie her to Scott and Jean as well as being Magneto's daughter...