Page 393 of 745 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 11164

Who should Lorna interact with to build or rebuild relations once she returns?

1. Family: Magneto, Wanda, Pietro, all extended members (despite current status), I love that she's a member of this family and the depth having family brings to a single, underdeveloped character like Polaris.
    2. Jean: The least developed of her longtime connections, a sort of best friend and sister, Jean has been there from the beginning and it's a shame they don't have a huge collection of on-panel life experiences to reference.
    3. Gambit: They had an unexplored connection years before, and I loved that Liu acknowledged it in AXM, then PAD built on it in ANXF in a team setting. I want more!
    4. Bobby: Rarely interacting, they have had some great moments together when crossing paths. I see them as best friends.
    5. Dazzler: I have always been curious to see them interact, as they were with the X-Men at different times, sort of enemies during the Malice years, never crossing paths, even barely missing each other during the Eve of Destruction story years ago.
    6. Emma: While they probably wouldn't be friends, I think Lorna is one of the few X-Men that would be easier to work with and it would be interesting to see them interact directly on a team setting.
    7. Terry: I loved their dynamic in X-Factor and was sad when it ended so abruptly. Lorna was part of the reserve members for a long time with Terry's father Sean. I like Lorna having friends.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    1. I totally agree that Gambit and Polaris would be great together. In another thread, literally minutes ago, I said how I disliked the usual couples including Gambit/Rogue and Alex/Lorna and I loved ANXF so I think it would be great.

2. THIS. Wanda and Pietro will always be the children of Magneto and the siblings of Lorna in my mind.
    I'm glad to see other people liked the idea of Gambit and Polaris! It's such a shame that Marvel cancelled PAD's ANXF so quickly before it really had the chance to do anything. Agreed with Wanda and Pietro always being the kids of Magneto. Nothing Marvel will do will ever change that to me. There was so much potential in the dynamic between Lorna/Wanda/Pietro/ and Magneto, and its sad that Marvel ruined it because of movie rights.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 07-25-2017 at 11:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Question of the day

Who should Lorna interact with to build or rebuild relations once she returns, possibly in a little over one day?

My list would be.

1. Magneto: We know it's going to happen in some form, I just hope it is done well.
    2. Jean: Lorna's oldest friend and now a teen and in charge of the 05.
    3. The rest of her family (Pietro, Wanda, Crystal, Luna, etc) when the Axis retcon falls as she isn't talking to them until then. I mean hell Quicksilver is her most developed non-romantic relationship.
    4. Teen Bobby because why not.
    5. Havok: because they have some issues to short out even if I don't want them romantically together.
    6. Rogue: so much potential and yet so untapped.
    7. Emma: that one is obvious.
    Rogue is a interesting person for her to deal with..they have no solid team ups..not even during Onslaught or the X Cutioner's Song. That really should change..i think she may have knocked Rogue out at the wedding with everyone else but you know Rogue..she doesnt hold that kind of stuff against you.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 07-25-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm glad to see other people liked the idea of Gambit and Polaris! It's such a shame that Marvel cancelled PAD's ANXF so quickly before it really had the chance to do anything. Agreed with Wanda and Pietro always being the kids of Magneto. Nothing Marvel will do will ever change that to me. There was so much potential in the dynamo between Lorna/Wanda/Pietro/ and Magneto, and its sad that Marvel ruined it because of movie rights.
    The ANXF issue with Lorna, Wanda and Danger was great. I would love to see more like that.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    1. Family: Magneto, Wanda, Pietro, all extended members (despite current status), I love that she's a member of this family and the depth having family brings to a single, underdeveloped character like Polaris.
    Agreed, they certainly should go forward, I know the politics and I don't think it will last, but I can take some comfort in knowing I don't think pretty much anyone on the creative staff actually liked or likes the retcon.

2. Jean: The least developed of her longtime connections, a sort of best friend and sister, Jean has been there from the beginning and it's a shame they don't have a huge collection of on-panel life experiences to reference.
    They have a fair amount of interaction hidden about over the years, but one has to really look as they shared no big story lines together. Lorna was actually there a fair bit with Jean in the run up to big story lines like Dark Phoenix. But, Lorna wasn't kept around for the big stuff that many ordinary fans of any of the Jean centered events remember.

3. Gambit: They had an unexplored connection years before, and I loved that Liu acknowledged it in AXM, then PAD built on it in ANXF in a team setting. I want more!
    4. Bobby: Rarely interacting, they have had some great moments together when crossing paths. I see them as best friends.
    Two relationships with enough of a foundation they wouldn't need writers to have to spend several issues pouring metaphoric concrete.

6. Emma: While they probably wouldn't be friends, I think Lorna is one of the few X-Men that would be easier to work with and it would be interesting to see them interact directly on a team setting.
    I felt like there was a real chance with that during Milligan's run, but we will see what is to come over the next few years.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-25-2017 at 01:38 PM.

While X-Men Gold are taking in some dimensional travel, the X-Men Blue team of the original time-displaced X-Men are getting more displaced thanks to Magneto’s teased time machine, by Cullen Bunn and Jorge Medina.

The X-Men travel through Magneto’s time portal to save the past! But something is wrong with the portal, which sends the team careening through time and space. Will they be able to figure out a way to get back to the present?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...marvel-legacy/
    X-Men Blue 16 solicits.

Ultimate Member

That #16 solicit sounds like they could have them wind up in any universe or many and have all different variations of characters that we know...as for Lorna whenever Secret Empire ends Marvel could change an awful lot and wipe away anything that they don't like for any character or bring dead ones back so who knows where it'll leave Lorna, as for her family it doesn't matter really what the writers like or don't like, it's the higher ups that keep things as they are...

1. I totally agree that Gambit and Polaris would be great together. In another thread, literally minutes ago, I said how I disliked the usual couples including Gambit/Rogue and Alex/Lorna and I loved ANXF so I think it would be great.

2. THIS. Wanda and Pietro will always be the children of Magneto and the siblings of Lorna in my mind.
    ANXF memories.... and yes I agree with you about Wanda and Pietro.

http://sarcasmoholic.tumblr.com/post...r-little-angel

Sean Teale with a Lorna related revel at 1:40.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    ... Gambit would be another good choice. We saw bits and pieces of them in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon not to mention X-Factor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I miss All-New X-Factor team. Always happy to see her interact with Gambit more. ...
    ... 5) Gambit. Everyone here should know how I feel about these two. They need to be together, and I'm going to leave this world forever bitter that they never got the chance. ...
    1. I totally agree that Gambit and Polaris would be great together. ... I loved ANXF so I think it would be great. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    ... 3. Gambit: They had an unexplored connection years before, and I loved that Liu acknowledged it in AXM, then PAD built on it in ANXF in a team setting. I want more!...
    I'm glad to see other people liked the idea of Gambit and Polaris! It's such a shame that Marvel cancelled PAD's ANXF so quickly before it really had the chance to do anything. ...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Question of the day

Who should Lorna interact with to build or rebuild relations once she returns, possibly in a little over one day?
    Note that this list is what Marvel should do, not what it's going to do. Given we have zero promotion and no idea at all about her future, I assume she's only around for at most 4 issues and then sent back into forced limbo for several years.

1. Magneto: They still have decades of lost time to make up for. Their interaction at the end of the Magneto solo was hit and miss, but I think (or at least hope) Bunn will do better with it. Now that he's had time to absorb both praise and criticism and try things out between SW:HoM and the Deadpool book.
    2. Iceman: Both adult and teen versions. As Bobby's first suggested female love interest, in a love triangle, Lorna is in the unique position of being able to support Iceman coming out. Yes, other women he had as love interests in the past can do that too, but none of them go back ALL the way like Lorna does.
    3. Jean Grey: They were friends early on, before Emma Frost AND Storm were around as teammates. Similar to Iceman, Lorna can give insight to teen Jean on who Jean was and things that led to future events that nobody else can give. Even if you factor in other characters like Professor X coming back or adult Iceman, those are still men. There are undoubtedly things specific to women (e.g. dealing with sexism) that only Lorna can address.
    4. Scarlet Witch: They're sisters. Of course. I don't accept Marvel's forced retcon, but even if I did, there's still a hell of a lot they can do. They at least believed they were step-sisters for a while, and the suffering Lorna endured after House of M was specifically BECAUSE Wanda targeted her as a sister. There's a lot of baggage still, even after ANXF #14, and dealing with it in a REAL way can benefit both characters. But, of course, this requires Marvel to stop making half-assed excuses for Wanda's history and actually use her history.
    5. Emma Frost: I suggest this one both because of Emma's awareness of Lorna's condition post-Genosha, and how Emma mind-controlled Lorna during Avengers vs X-Men. Lots of drama possible there.
    6. Gambit: I don't think their potential romance got off on the right foot with ANXF at all. #2-6 was too stilted toward making Gambit look good at Lorna's expense, and things were getting better from ANXF #7 onward but the book didn't last long enough to become much. There's still lots of potential and no baggage to undermine it (yet, and hopefully never).
    7. Quicksilver: Pretty obvious. In spite of Marvel's efforts, Lorna and Pietro already had a sibling-like relationship on X-Factor in the 90s. As such, their relationship transcends any excuse Marvel tries to pull with forced retcons. It makes as much sense as having Thor and Loki in the films suddenly not care about each other once Loki found out he was adopted by Odin from the Frost Giants.

That's it for now. I might be missing some X-Men. This doesn't mean I don't want Lorna to interact and build relationships with "obscure" characters, it just means these are the characters that I see as worth exploring due to already established history and the potential I see there.

Also I deliberately excluded anything not X-Men because there's no point. Brevoort wouldn't allow it, and if he did, he would demand Lorna be treated horribly to make other characters look better (e.g. what I saw of Rogue's treatment on Uncanny Avengers during Remender's run). Just know I'd have picks if there was a snowball's chance in Hell of it happening and being good for Lorna in any way.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED