Page 397 of 745 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 11164

That last page...oooh so happy!! The expression on her face is perfect, a nice, almost sinister smile. Yes, it has been a long time, Lorna. LOL I wish for another long time apart for these two following this hopefully very brief reunion.

Glad to see Danger again. Still not sure if she's with Lorna or not, if they're with Magneto or not, or just happened to crash in on her own. Guess we'll find out soon.

Still don't care for Briar...would have been happy to have her scenes cut entirely.

Emma made me cringe. I just think of captive sex slaves when I read that part. Ick. Can't wait for Jean to get there already!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    That last page...oooh so happy!! The expression on her face is perfect, a nice, almost sinister smile. Yes, it has been a long time, Lorna. LOL I wish for another long time apart for these two following this hopefully very brief reunion.

Glad to see Danger again. Still not sure if she's with Lorna or not, if they're with Magneto or not, or just happened to crash in on her own. Guess we'll find out soon.
    Yes, that smirk on her face was extremely well done by Cory Smith, I noticed he is selling the black and white version and it looks like it already sold. I knew you would love it when you saw it Siena. Lorna's smirk reminded me a bit of early last decade did it not for you? One thing Lorna hasn't done enough of is have that wicked sense of humor she had back then with a few exceptions like in War of Kings in 2009 with Crystal.

BTW, I noticed Danger said once they liberated the X-Men there will be six of you and herself. It doesn't mean Magneto did or didn't didn't make a phone call, however its clear he didn't tell either of his robots if he did.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-26-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Yes, that smirk on her face was extremely well done by Cory Smith, I noticed he is selling the black and white version and it looks like it already sold. I knew you would love it when you saw it Siena. Lorna's smirk reminded me a bit of early last decade did it not for you? One thing Lorna hasn't done enough of is have that wicked sense of humor she had back then with a few exceptions like in War of Kings with Crystal.

BTW, I noticed Danger said once they liberated the X-Men there will be six of you and herself. It doesn't mean Magneto did or didn't didn't make a phone call, however its clear he didn't tell either of his robots if he did.
    Good catch! I am hoping for a mini-ANXF reunion though. Still sad Warlock and Danger didn't become the supercouple I always wanted them to be.

Anyway, you read my mind with the War of Kings issue with snarky Polaris! Gimme more of that Lorna!! That face though...haha I never want Lorna to be this politically correct, perfectly tactful and appropriate in social/public situations upstanding person. I love it when she's kind of unhinged, uncensored with no filter, but not in a crazy insane way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Different opinions are different opinions. Having only the same opinions on everything is stagnation, and it ultimately hurts whatever the focus is. More voices is better. The loudest voices or the most common views aren't always the right ones.

My problems with Lorna interacting with Havok are 1) they had a long one-sided history that was terrible for Lorna, and 2) Marvel has been incapable of doing things the right way on all previous attempts. I don't trust this company, for the same reason I wouldn't trust a repeat offender thief to not steal from me without several years of proof it's not going to happen again. That doesn't mean there's nothing good and no redeeming qualities. It means there are other detrimental factors that require time.

It also doesn't help that when Marvel decided to give Havok more promotion via stuff like Uncanny Avengers and Axis, they didn't include Lorna, but now that she's going to star in Gifted, suddenly Havok's relationship to her needs to be used. It always goes back to what helps Havok. If Havok gets to be in these things and Lorna isn't allowed to benefit in some way, why should Havok get anything when the tables are turned? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall Havok fans demanding that Polaris make at least one appearance on Uncanny Avengers while Havok was big there.

Please do not construe this post as telling you not to speak. Speaking is good. The best way to push for the best in Lorna's potential is to share views even if they oppose one another. But, it also means we'll inevitably challenge each other's views and assumptions, either directly or passively. Lorna wouldn't be seen as much of a character if she didn't warrant at least some disagreement among fans.
    Though to be fair the two were on different books by different writers and the two weren't really allowed to be on the other book, after all Lorna couldn't go and visit Wanda on that Avengers team either, and Alex really didn't get that big of a push from that book anyway. I and other Alex fans aren't demanding that he show up on Gifted, it's just that when any of us dare to even suggest that he show up we're attacked repeatedly by some of the Lorna fans that think that if he were to show up that it'd only hurt her, their history hasn't always been one sided that hurt her, the previous times had nothing to do with Alex as Marvel doesn't seem to care much about him at all, I think that many Lorna fans here just blame everything bad that's ever happened to Lorna on Alex, as if he had any say in it and that to some here it would take decades for them to be apart before they'd deem it okay for them to interact, and the chances of them not interacting for decades our time is slim to none, especially given that writers can change frequently...

Lorna has always had a kind of snarky sense of humor, even back when she was with Alex. Again I don't remember Alex truly benefiting from either the Avengers book or the movies, the latter of which he only did anything because they went back to Scott and such in the third one, the second one was a blink and you'll miss it cameo and they couldn't even get his association to Scott right making him the older brother instead of the younger brother, and when was the last time that Lorna disagreed with Magneto...and wasn't proven wrong, Lorna is not going to be the main character of the book or the show, regardless of what some fans here want, sure it's good that she's on the show and all but caution should be practiced until the show soars or sinks...

Good catch! I am hoping for a mini-ANXF reunion though. Still sad Warlock and Danger didn't become the supercouple I always wanted them to be.
    I think the chance of Tom Brevoort letting 616 Quicksilver on over is low, but the title has its own AU Quicksilver with Ultimate Quicksilver hanging around.

Anyway, you read my mind with the War of Kings issue with snarky Polaris! Gimme more of that Lorna!! That face though...haha I never want Lorna to be this politically correct, perfectly tactful and appropriate in social/public situations upstanding person. I love it when she's kind of unhinged, uncensored with no filter, but not in a crazy insane way.
    Yes, some people don't know, but these were the creators of the Guardians of the Galaxy that wrote War of Kings. Their idea in interviews was with Lorna in their words as a sort of rogue princess who is politically astute and clearly says and does what she wants.

There is a fine line between as you say 'kind of unhinged, uncensored with no filter' and being batshit insane. I only ever support crossing that line when the story absolutely makes it unavoidable which Genosha sort of did.

Which brings up an interesting question I don't have the answer to... how much does teen Jean know of Lorna?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Lorna is not going to be the main character of the book or the show, regardless of what some fans here want, sure it's good that she's on the show and all but caution should be practiced until the show soars or sinks...
    No one is saying that at all. Polaris fans (most of us) are happy she's back, regardless of what the future holds. Something good may happen. Something bad may happen. We get it. Don't you think it's a bit silly to exercise caution on a forum that exists for us to share our thoughts?

Ultimate Member

I doubt that she probably knows much at all about Lorna, she may not even know that she's Magneto's daughter as Lorna hasn't been around the young X-Men much if at all...

I think the chance of Tom Brevoort letting 616 Quicksilver on over is low, but the title has its own AU Quicksilver with Ultimate Quicksilver hanging around.

Yes, some people don't know, but these were the creators of the Guardians of the Galaxy that wrote War of Kings. Their idea in interviews was with Lorna in their words as a sort of rogue princess who is politically astute and clearly says and does what she wants.

There is a fine line between as you say 'kind of unhinged, uncensored with no filter' and being batshit insane. I only ever support crossing that line when the story absolutely makes it unavoidable which Genosha sort of did.

Which brings up an interesting question I don't have the answer to... how much does teen Jean know of Lorna?
    What Jean knows is what I'm anxious to find out! Their interaction should be very interesting and we're looking forward to it next issue.

As for Lorna's character, it should be complex, and I try not to lump it all under mental instability to whitewash it or explain it away. I like that she's brash and in your face with her attitude, comments, and actions at times. I prefer she be smart about it, but she's not perfect.

No one is saying that at all. Polaris fans (most of us) are happy she's back, regardless of what the future holds. Something good may happen. Something bad may happen. We get it. Don't you think it's a bit silly to exercise caution on a forum that exists for us to share our thoughts?
    No one ever knows what the future holds, but my take on it is the outline of the season of The Gifted is being formed and being filmed, issues of Blue up to 14 and 15 are being drawn. There are things to talk about for once after two years in limbo other then petty squabbles. Big things that will have a long term impact on the character yes, but big things we should all be able to talk about freely.

Is it fine to worry what the future holds? Sure, its fine and I don't expect it to rain sunshine and lollipops quickly for Lorna, but its a chance for the character... the first real chance she has had this decade in a mainstream way to rise.

No one ever knows what the future holds, but my take on it is the outline of the season of The Gifted is being formed and being filmed, issues of Blue up to 14 and 15 are being drawn. There are things to talk about for once after two years in limbo other then petty squabbles. Big things that will have a long term impact on the character yes, but big things we should all be able to talk about freely.

Is it fine to worry what the future holds? Sure, its fine and I don't expect it to rain sunshine and lollipops quickly for Lorna, but its a chance for the character... the first real chance she has had this decade in a mainstream way to rise.
    Agree, we'll gripe about it when we get there, don't worry! Just like we did in the beginning of ANXF LOL!!!

Agree, we'll gripe about it when we get there, don't worry! Just like we did in the beginning of ANXF LOL!!!
    Ah, yes we will most certainly gripe when we get there just like many times before. I actually recall us being vary patient about her space arc in RAFOTSE and only about 6 or 7 months in asking why Lorna is asking Havok and Xavier when she can use her powers and is so flat she basically had no or at least a very flat affect and was extremely subdued.

What Jean knows is what I'm anxious to find out! Their interaction should be very interesting and we're looking forward to it next issue.
    I would go as far as to say it is the biggest unanswered question for Lorna next issue.

As for Lorna's character, it should be complex, and I try not to lump it all under mental instability to whitewash it or explain it away. I like that she's brash and in your face with her attitude, comments, and actions at times. I prefer she be smart about it, but she's not perfect.
    I very much agree I also believe Lorna should be complex and certainly not black and white or have her actions whitewashed. She has a solid sense of justice and injustice, smart but not perfect is a good way to put it.

I would also say brash at times, but not stupid. There is a fine line between brash and stupid.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-26-2017 at 07:50 PM.

BANNED

Though to be fair the two were on different books by different writers and the two weren't really allowed to be on the other book, after all Lorna couldn't go and visit Wanda on that Avengers team either, and Alex really didn't get that big of a push from that book anyway. I and other Alex fans aren't demanding that he show up on Gifted, it's just that when any of us dare to even suggest that he show up we're attacked repeatedly by some of the Lorna fans that think that if he were to show up that it'd only hurt her, their history hasn't always been one sided that hurt her, the previous times had nothing to do with Alex as Marvel doesn't seem to care much about him at all, I think that many Lorna fans here just blame everything bad that's ever happened to Lorna on Alex, as if he had any say in it and that to some here it would take decades for them to be apart before they'd deem it okay for them to interact, and the chances of them not interacting for decades our time is slim to none, especially given that writers can change frequently...

Lorna has always had a kind of snarky sense of humor, even back when she was with Alex. Again I don't remember Alex truly benefiting from either the Avengers book or the movies, the latter of which he only did anything because they went back to Scott and such in the third one, the second one was a blink and you'll miss it cameo and they couldn't even get his association to Scott right making him the older brother instead of the younger brother, and when was the last time that Lorna disagreed with Magneto...and wasn't proven wrong, Lorna is not going to be the main character of the book or the show, regardless of what some fans here want, sure it's good that she's on the show and all but caution should be practiced until the show soars or sinks...
    The whole damn cast just did a SDCC interview praying for a Lorna/Magneto confrontation in later seasons. You're reaching like never before.

Her being Magneto's daughter automatically means she has to matter and the cast understood that reality quickly.

BANNED

... Lorna is not going to be the main character of the book or the show, regardless of what some fans here want, sure it's good that she's on the show and all but caution should be practiced until the show soars or sinks...
    Yeah, everybody, don't have hopes & get excited about ANY of Lorna's upcoming prospects. By all means, practice restraint here on her... APPRECIATION thread, i.e., don't be happy... 'cause I'm not (and NEVER am, it seems, these days) - MONOTONOUS!

Another popular mutant is Polaris aka Lorna Dane, who has the ability to control magnetism like her father, Magneto. In the comics, Polaris was the second female X-Men member, after Jean Grey. In the show, she is a member of the underground mutants along with Thunderbird, Blink, and new character Eclipse.

Emma Dumont, who plays Polaris in The Gifted, has some of the most impressive powers on the show. The trailer shows her character stopping bullets and moving police cruisers around like bumper cars. And while Dumont was stoked to have green hair (albeit just streaks), she was more excited about the way her powers look on screen. Watch below:

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/the...erbird-polaris
    Interview at the video. Emma admits how little she knew about Polaris before taking on the role and how she learned.

BANNED

A re-post of my thoughts from the review thread:

Whew! The pace of this ish was a bit... breathtaking, to be sure. BUT, WOW, what an issue it was! Featuring my ABSOLUTE, MOST FAVORITE COMIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR (and in QUITE a while):

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    FINALLY THINGS ARE as they should be...thank goodness. Danger..nice surprise...Briar staying as loyal as ever? Even better. And the best for last...the sight I've been waiting to see all year long...wonderful...the Princess of the HOUSE OF M back in all her glorious swagger.
    ... so far, as if there would ever be any doubt, lol. Figured I'd get it right out of the way first. Loved, LOVED, LOVED seeing her again, after all this time, and of course... the way in which it was done, with the BIG, DRAMATIC ENTRANCE as a CLIFFHANGER ENDING! And LOVE the page itself (art PLUS dialogue), with the new styling of her classic look, and her hair being pulled back again. The bracers & her head adornment, in particular. The latter of which I still stand by, will act as some sort of TP scrambler, to protect her against any attempted psi assaults. The look on her face, the words she says, the outfit, the poise, the POWER - YES, the Daughter of M, the MISTRESS of Magnetism, has FINALLY returned, and in a most GRAND WAY! Best BEWARE, as it's clear now... there's more than one danger around!

I'm not afraid she'll be portrayed as Magneto's lackey, as his "good lil' soldier", or of her being involved with Havok... in a non-romantic capacity, and in a recurring fashion, as opposed to a continual one. Not only do I feel Lorna's finally comin' into her own, but that even if it seems like she agrees with whatever Mags has in mind, and is up to at the moment... she may also have her OWN hidden agenda, and secret angles, she's workin' on the side. She IS, after all... her daddy's daughter. ;D